+-GSX-+'s Content

There have been 4 items by +-GSX-+ (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#173135 87 Crx - Runs Rough

Posted by +-GSX-+ on 26 May 2005 - 11:46 PM in 1G CRX

No luck yet getting the broken piece out. I spent several minutes trying to dig it out with needle noose pliers but cant get a good grip on it.

#173131 87 Crx - Runs Rough

Posted by +-GSX-+ on 26 May 2005 - 11:29 PM in 1G CRX

I think i've found the problem. I got a X 4 X 1 error code on the ecu (MAP sensor vacuum hose disconnected or broken) and sure enough the bottom hose is disconnected. The hose is broken with a piece still lodged in the MAP sensor. Can the hose alone be replaced or will i need a new MAP sensor?

#173029 87 Crx - Runs Rough

Posted by +-GSX-+ on 26 May 2005 - 10:30 AM in 1G CRX

I checked my ecu and none of the lights were active. My friend thinks its just running rich and the PGM-FI warning light is now gone (i believe it usually doesnt come on until the engine is warm though). What could cause the engine to run rich?

#172950 87 Crx - Runs Rough

Posted by +-GSX-+ on 25 May 2005 - 11:50 PM in 1G CRX

I recently got a '87 CRX Si from a friend who crashed it into a pole at roughly 15mph, destroying the bumper / pushing the engine back an inch or so. It starts up instantly and drives, although it idles fairly rough and hesitates when getting on the gas hard. It also tends to chug when holding certain speeds. The exaust smells strong (although it seems to be getting better as its driven around more) and emits some black smoke; mainly when getting on the gas hard. We did find a vacuum line leading from the fuel filter to the fuel rail that appeared to be loose, so we zip-tied it and took it for a spin. It ran better at idle and during acceleration (still hesitated while holding certain speeds, just not as bad) but completely lost all power and felt like it was about to die when going wide open. We've since removed the zip-tie and are unsure what the problem could be. The dashboard is displaying the PGM-FI warning light so i'm thinking it may have somthing to do with the fuel / air supply? Anyone have any ideas? blink.gif