D16a1 Using Crx Si Engine Harness

• You cannot reply to this topic
10 replies to this topic

Little Richard

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: '84 CRX 1.3 w/Browntop ZC On it's way to become a mini-teg
I used the CRX SI engine harness when I swapped my browntop into my '84, and now it won't idle very well. I read the SCC article on doing the same swap, but they used the Integra engine harness. My Integra engine harness and the SI chassis harness had different round passenger plugs. They would not fit together, so I used the CRX SI engine harness.

Enough rambling, is there anything extra I have to do to correctly connect the IACV?? I used the SI MAP sensor, and the Integra Vacuum box (Minus MAP sensor) Currently the rectangular plug on the drivers side of the cabin harness (Located in the engine compartment) is not connected to anything. I beleive the Green w/yellow wire needs to be connected to the IACV, but I don't know where that is, or even if that is true since I used the SI engine harness.

Other than the bad idle, it seems to run sweet. I need to do a tune up on it, but I think that is all.

TIA

LittleRichard

Edited by Little Richard, 08 April 2004 - 10:43 AM.

crxmobber

• Mobbin Clean
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 CRX Si, 85 CRX Si, 98 prelude, 5th Gen VFR, WRX
    • Image Gallery
The 87 integra engine harness and 87 crx si body harness plug together perfectly, you only have to do a few wiring modifications. I noticed my round plug on the passenger side plugs in to the integra harness, but doesn't lock together. I just plugged it in as best as i could and i haven't had any problems yet. For the EICV look at the rectangular electrical plug that connects to the old crx si vaccum box. It has a wire that is green/white. You need to wire that to the eicv somehow. I think the best way to do it would be to use the 86-87 crx si body wiring harness and using the 87 integra engine harness because the integra engine harness has the eicv already wired for you and they connect together perfectly.

SportInjectedClub

kenny86si

• Phoenix CRX
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 CRX SI(sold)- 91 Mustang 5.0 LX
    • Image Gallery
few suggestions... use the acura engine harness...dont use the CRX map sensor...move the neccesary wires(add length and route the wire over to passenger side to acura vac box) from the the drivers side plugs. The round plugs should fit together so i dont know where your problem is there. Read the wire conversion chart carefully on pg 9..it tells you what wires from the CRX to use on the acura vac. box plugs..It also shows the shape of the plugs there too.
Dont forget to swap the pins around on the rectangular plug on the passenger side before connecting the two(also laid out in the article)
You will have extra wires on the drivers side left over from those connectors...dont worry about them they aren't needed. just tie them up and forget about them. This should be all you need.
Have fun
Kenny

Ghost-One

• the only Moderator who can fight MONSTERS
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
why shouldnt you use the crx map sensor???

Little Richard

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
So, the reason I used the CRX engine harness is because the Integra engine harnness DID NOT FIT my CRX SI cabin harness. I don't know why, but it does not fit. they are pinned differently, the plastic housings are different sizes, AND they are totally different. The only thing similiar about them is that they are round. Other than that, they are different.

I too am wondering why to not use the CRX MAP sensor. It should be doing the same thing, so what is the difference.

Also, when I said EICV, it shoudl have said IACV (Idle Air Control Valve) my bad.

Thanks
LR

kenny86si

• Phoenix CRX
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 CRX SI(sold)- 91 Mustang 5.0 LX
    • Image Gallery
hmm...mine fit fine maybe your older car has a different size..dont know. I would use the acuras map sensor since it is all in the vac box and the acuras sensor would be newer. whatever floats your boat on that one. The article says it is for on 84-87 car but maybe there are some differences. My si didn't have these problems. Maybe someone will post relating to this issue.
good luck

Little Richard

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
I don't know what year the harness is from. I got it at a wrecking yard. My CRX is an '84 that was originally carbed, so I had to change the complete harness to go with fuel injection. The reason I used the CRX MAP sensor is that the plugs are already the same and it came with the harness, so it was an easy plug in and go deal. If it made a difference, I would definitley change to the Integra one, but so far it does not seem to make a difference.

The biggest problem I have is that I have a code 14 coming from the ECU. Supposedly this is a faulty ECU, but it runs so strong, I would be surprised if it was faulty. Most of the time an ECU is faulty it will run in a fail safe mode with reduced performance.

LR

Edited by Little Richard, 08 April 2004 - 11:40 AM.

DaBossk

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1985 Honda CRX SI
I have the exact problem little richard was having. My life consists of finding someone with my same problem and then never saying how he fixed it. Fml

1985 CRX SI

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 CRX si
    Garage View Garage
The 85 CRX Si plugs are different than 86-87 CRX Si. Si map sensor works just fine. Add wire (green with white stripe) for IACV on drivers side from emission box.
Jeff

C-110 plug:
http://www.redpepper...ng/aab.png.html

DaBossk

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1985 Honda CRX SI

The 85 CRX Si plugs are different than 86-87 CRX Si. Si map sensor works just fine. Add wire (green with white stripe) for IACV on drivers side from emission box.
Jeff

C-110 plug:
http://www.redpepper...ng/aab.png.html

Hey man! Could you please elaborate? I've been following this guys directions up until he starts talking about plug C-96.

http://www.redpepper...=23#entry261830

I've already wired the SI's map sensor to the integra vacuum control box. 

"Add wire (green with white stripe) for IACV on drivers side from emission box"

I don't quite understand what you mean by that? I followed kakabox's thread and I spliced the G/W wire from the C-110 plug into plug C-27 (which is a round plug on the '85)

are you saying that I should  have just directly wired the G/W wire from connector C-110 to the EICV? If so the EICV has to points on it so it needs 2 wires.

Please help! Your my only hope! You can pm if you want. 

Thanks!

1985 CRX SI

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 CRX si
    Garage View Garage
I am saying that you should wire the G/W wire from connector C-110 to the EICV. The EICV ahould have two wires going to it (white wire(from ECU A11) and black wire yellow strip(ign 1).

The CRX wire color is different(green wire white strip(from ECU A11)

You need to add black wire yellow strip also because the Si engine harnes is missing this wire also. I am not sure you can add the green wire white strip to round plug on 85 engine harness because I do not know where it goes yet (i would like to find out)

The plug on the EICV might be the same as intake air temp sensor(TA) or water temp sensor(TW) on the engine harness if you have access to a harness.

I will see if I can get a pic of the plug with wire locations.
Jeff
EICV%20Plug%20wire%20locations.jpg