Headers

• You cannot reply to this topic
23 replies to this topic

tyrone

i know you've proberbly had this topic before but which header is best to get for my 86 rex with a ZC engine. The DC header is pretty expensive but is it worth the extra cash over the cheaper pacesetter. biggrin.gif

lopezi

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 Honda CRX Si, 2000 Honda CBR 600 F4, 2002 Toyota Tundra SR5 (RIP), 2002 Nissan Maxima SE
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (tyrone @ Aug 19 2004, 09:41 AM)
i know you've proberbly had this topic before but which header is best to get for my 86 rex with a ZC engine. The DC header is pretty expensive but is it worth the extra cash over the cheaper pacesetter. biggrin.gif

Most of the members here have indicated that the Pacesetter is prone to rusting. But on the flipside there is a member that has indicated that he has had good success with it.

I think DC Sports builds a better product in the long run though...

Don't believe the hype....Firefox Myths
Why Google is not all that....

Omega Mugen

• Dug Diggler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 CRX w/Si motor, 86 Civic DX Hatch, 2001 Prelude
Is this a joke? Without a doubt, you want the DC header. DC makes good stuff. Pacesetter is garbage. I don't know if you have Kmart in the UK, but Pacesetter ought to be sold there.

Going to Hawaii? You need a Dune Buggy.

WTB: 14x8 or 9" Panasports or Watanabe RS.

WTB: 3g Civic hatch gauge cowl, brown.

WTB: ZC header--FOUND

funkmaster

• 1985 Mugen CR-X Si
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: 1985 CRX Si, 2006 Ford Focus ST, 2009 Lexus RX350, 1996 Del Sol Vtec
    • Image Gallery
im gonna have to agree. Ive seen pacestter referred to as paceshitter on more than once. Id have to say unless the car wont EVER see rain/snow get a DC, they are better constructed and id bet they make more power.

Erik

• Kia Rio Driver
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
laugh.gif laugh.gif i have a pacesetter header and i love it but like i have said before you get what you pay for....if you don't wanna spend alot of money then go with the pacesetter and yes the DC is the best header for durablity but i enjoy my pacesetter i installed it over six months ago and i banged it around a few time on the street has a couple of dents in it and hell still seeing improvment on my gas milage and power oh yeah not a hint of rust on it also hehehe and hey also if you want to try to prevent the rust hell strip it down goto a good auto parts store and buy high temp paint and paint it good then install it start the car let it idle and it will cure great up to you

tyrone

so the only difference is that the DC header does rust. is there any difference in performance.

Omega Mugen

• Dug Diggler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Most likely the Pacesetter is not as good. They have poor design as well as poor materials. They're probably made in China along with all the rubber dogcrap. I'd be willing to bet that your stock manifold is better than the pacesetter. Just spend a little more and get something nice. If you want something cheaper than the DC, get the Hedman Chikara.

tyrone

does anyone have the hedman header,

Omega Mugen

• Dug Diggler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Do a search. There are plenty of reviews on the Hedman. There are two types: torque step and the regular. The torque step costs a lot more.

Nice ZC hood on your car. Can you get me one? I might trade you for a Hedman.

Edited by Omega Mugen, 19 August 2004 - 01:21 PM.

tyrone

if i see one i will let you know. biggrin.gif

Omega Mugen

• Dug Diggler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Thanks a lot. smile.gif

sibfox

• llllooooooo000000OOOO ~click zeeeeEEEEERRRRRRR!!!
  • PipPip
    • Drives: Hachi Roku Honda CRX Si
    Garage View Garage
does anyone know where one might actually pick up a dc-sports header for a 86 honda crx si?
Is there anything on these damn cars that IS hard to repair?

lopezi

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1987 Honda CRX Si, 2000 Honda CBR 600 F4, 2002 Toyota Tundra SR5 (RIP), 2002 Nissan Maxima SE
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (sibfox @ Aug 19 2004, 03:14 PM)
does anyone know where one might actually pick up a dc-sports header for a 86 honda crx si?

You'll have to search high and low for a new one seeings how they are a discontinued product. Some place might have one in their inventory you'll basically have to do an extensive search.

Used ones pop up here and there on this site, that's how I received mine.

Don't believe the hype....Firefox Myths
Why Google is not all that....

Omega Mugen

• Dug Diggler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
You may have to pay a premium for the DC for CRX Si becuase it's no longer made. I talked to the guy at lightspeed, and they have discontinued production as well, but he says they might make more when they feel like making more, I guess.

Erik

• Kia Rio Driver
  • PipPipPipPip
QUOTE (Omega Mugen @ Aug 19 2004, 12:39 PM)
Most likely the Pacesetter is not as good.  They have poor design as well as poor materials.  They're probably made in China along with all the rubber dogcrap.  I'd be willing to bet that your stock manifold is better than the pacesetter.  Just spend a little more and get something nice.  If you want something cheaper than the DC, get the Hedman Chikara.

not to be rude...but have you ever tried the pacesetter header? cuz when i went from the stock mani to the header there was a hell of a gain in preformance so i am just wondering if u have tried it?

Edited by Erik, 19 August 2004 - 05:12 PM.