Carbon Fiber Civic Door Panels

• You cannot reply to this topic
91 replies to this topic

Honda_design

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: anything
Well, Ive made a set for myself and Im pretty happy with them and I was wondering if there was any interest in these panels. I just bought a new digi and will post up some pics of the actual panels they look like these i foundon the web. Mine have the door pull opening and manual window handle hole cut. Right now Im looking at about $100 each door(1 yard of carbonfiber, resin, supplies, +1 1/2 hrs labor. Let me know what you guys think... Im currently working on a dash and console to round out the carbon cockpit biggrin.gif I could do some kind of discount on group buys or trades.

Edited by Honda_design, 26 April 2006 - 12:44 PM.

1stGenRex

• Easily Amused....
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
so ur making something for the digi dash?
1GRPhotography
MySpace
I'ma in the Carburetion Nation

Honda_design

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
nah its for the standard dash...but I do have a digi clock in the dash tongue.gif

1stGenRex

• Easily Amused....
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
I C...
1GRPhotography
MySpace

Airgazm86

• Ungawa!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: '86 Std. hatchback, '06 Mitsu EVO IX SE, '15 Mitsu Lancer EVO X FE
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I'm interested and would like to see pics.

Are these designed for race use only? Do they fit around the edges of the door like the factory panels? Will they fit when using door speakers? Do they attach using the factory clips and mounting points?

Where are you located and would you be willing to ship to PA?

DSMTimeline.jpg

1stGenRex

• Easily Amused....
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
LOL...yeah, if ur interested in these for weight savings, i dont think you would have door speakers...just a thought...but it shouldnt be too hard if u wanna mount them on there to cut a space in for them
1GRPhotography
MySpace

Airgazm86

• Ungawa!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: '86 Std. hatchback, '06 Mitsu EVO IX SE, '15 Mitsu Lancer EVO X FE
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (1stGenRex @ Jan 25 2006, 02:35 PM)
LOL...yeah, if ur interested in these for weight savings, i dont think you would have door speakers...just a thought...but it shouldnt be too hard if u wanna mount them on there to cut a space in for them

I'm interested in something like this:

DSMTimeline.jpg

1stGenRex

• Easily Amused....
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
THAT would be SWEEEET!
1GRPhotography
MySpace

IfTakumiDroveACRX

• Can't stop the greatness in motion....just you wait...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 85 crx Si two-tone black/grey, 72 Datsun 510 with an experimental rotary swap (the engine is a 12a and 13b hybrid), Infiniti G35 sedan on air suspension rolling on 19" G-Corp's Estatus wheels and various Garson/D.A.D accessories
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (Airgazm86 @ Jan 25 2006, 02:47 PM)
QUOTE (1stGenRex @ Jan 25 2006, 02:35 PM)

I'm interested in something like this:

@$100 a piece so would I...... Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo those are hotter than Paris on a motorbike with no panties!!!!! laugh.gif
user posted image
www.implicit-autosports.com - Proud Distributors of Monkeyz-Tek Performance Parts

1stGenRex

• Easily Amused....
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
i dont think those are $100 a piece tho
1GRPhotography
MySpace

Honda_design

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (1stGenRex @ Jan 25 2006, 08:21 PM)
i dont think those are $100 a piece tho

I cant make those panels for $100, those are about 8 bills! Mine are flat, smooth edges, clean holes, and fit perfectly. I've done composites for years as my profession and am looking to make a little extra money.

To answer Airgazm86's question, they are attached to the door with 3M mounting tape or 3M high strength velcro. You pick, they are both good products. Also, I can ship, although I don't know shipping costs.

IfTakumiDroveACRX

• Can't stop the greatness in motion....just you wait...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 85 crx Si two-tone black/grey, 72 Datsun 510 with an experimental rotary swap (the engine is a 12a and 13b hybrid), Infiniti G35 sedan on air suspension rolling on 19" G-Corp's Estatus wheels and various Garson/D.A.D accessories
    • Image Gallery
Can you make molds? If you can then we might be able to do something...... wink.gif
user posted image
www.implicit-autosports.com - Proud Distributors of Monkeyz-Tek Performance Parts

chedda_j

• Lives to modify
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    • Drives: 1986 Honda Civic 2.2L LSD, Acura TL Aspec
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (IfTakumiDroveACRX @ Jan 25 2006, 10:36 PM)
Can you make molds? If you can then we might be able to do something...... wink.gif

Ya i would say max 500 a set i would be willing to pay.

10395168_748294558578686_901304337744719

jerfguy

• Computer nerd
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: Two tone black '85 CRX si: Kragen CAI + CF hood + D16a1 + rear seat + smoked corns + side markers + mudflaps.
    • Image Gallery
Those would be so sweet! I would pick up a pair for $500. Would go nicely with the cf one peace hood that I'm about to pick up to go on the '85 two tone black Si.
QUOTE (1stGenRex @ Sep 25 2006, 08:54 PM)
I'd piss on her

QUOTE (JEFFtheJ00la @ Jun 16 2006, 01:39 PM)
you guys figured out my secret. i sell my ass for cash. i shake it at the butt-nekkid every night. *puts head down in shame*

QUOTE (JEFFtheJ00la @ Sep 26 2006, 08:46 PM)
lol. i hate to admit it but i wanted to grab his titty, it looked that good.

JEFFtheJ00la

• i was the first one to rent this monte, lol
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86crx soon to be b20b, 96Grand am sedan(9.22 1/8th), 79Trans am 403 to 350 in prog. , 03Dakota DD, 86 civic sedan si swap dd
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
damn i like those ones that airgasm posted. it would be cool to keep the speakers in the doors.

SportInjectedClubvisit my myspace SAHCR Member

if your offended by anything i post, you need to seriously get a life