Koni Shocks

• You cannot reply to this topic
120 replies to this topic

jimmyz

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 Black CRX Si (look), 87 White Civic Sedan, 02 Black Civic Coupe (GFs), 89 Black Mustang SCGT
Depending on pricing I would be interested in a set... front and rears. smile.gif

87CrxType-one

• Loving the 1g's and 3g's
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87crx si, and my beautiful 76 gas station orange 1980 plymouth arrow pickup, oh yeah baby!!!!!!!
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (jimmyz @ Oct 29 2004, 02:38 AM)
Depending on pricing I would be interested in a set... front and rears.  smile.gif

same here biggrin.gif

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic Si, 1991 Civic Si, 2001 Saab 9-3, 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero, 2003 Honda Pilot, 2009 Ducati Monster 696
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
i paid 300 something per shock.. shortened/revalved..
1986 Civic Si; b16a is in.. just gotta get it running..
longest swap ever..... :(

crxhybrid85

• D-Series Power
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 85 CRX Si, 97 Integra RS w/H22
I have Koni's on my car right now. The ones you are talking about are shorter? Are the rears externally adjustable? Cause mine right now are not, I've been thinking about selling the rears to get Tokicos.
Brown Top ZC 85 Si
H22 97 Integra RS

SportInjectedClub

user posted imageuser posted image

criticalmass

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 2006 Ridgeline
I've been talking to them about fronts for my GP car, but if you can get us a better deal... I'm in!

thanks Kirk!

Kenn W.

sspcivic31

• Grog no like , Car no work! ARRGH!
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
i would be interested in fronts and rears.

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
    • Drives: The Si (86 Civic Si D16A1 blacktop) The Blackbird (87 CRX Si Bone Stock) Cherry II (86 Civic 1500S Mostly Stock)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I would absolutely love some. But money would play a huge factor in this, ie. actually having enough to do this.

What time frame are we looking till this happens? If it was early spring next year, count me in for front and rears.

Cheers,
Mark

SportInjectedClub

I don't frequent the boards much anymore, but i'm a wealth of knowledge. Email or PM me if you're stumped!

gtpilot

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si - HYDRA, '86 CRX Si
    • Image Gallery
Here's the commitment thus far...they have 7 sets of Koni reds for the fronts. They are not going to sell tham as they are, they are reserving them for people who want to convert them to external double adjustable shortened race shocks - they sell a few set a year, so they will be gone before long. If we buy all seven sets, they shocks are $400 a piece - shortened, race valved, the shock that I ran at the time I set the track record at Mid Ohio in 97 & 98.

After that - we would have to geta commitment for ~20 pairs of fronts, I am working on another person to take 10 pairs that has a motorsports related business. I would personally have to put up the money for 10 pairs...they would be about $300 per shock - but, the leadtime is about 4 to 6 months...and it may never happen.

Rears - there is no commitment at this point in time - they are looking at their current shock lines to see what is easily compatible.

So, now who is in? Either for the "for sure shocks" at the higher price or the "maybe they will be there" shocks at a lower price?

Kirk

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
If I have fronts already that I'd like to have shortened and revalved, how much is that from KONI, roughly? That will be the deciding factor for me.
"Toby, you are a thief of joy"

criticalmass

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Pair of shortened, revalved, double adjustable, off the shelf from Koni for $400 each, yes?

and what's our timing look like for this deal? ie. when do I need to pay for these?

gtpilot

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (rpr @ Oct 29 2004, 02:55 PM)
If I have fronts already that I'd like to have shortened and revalved, how much is that from KONI, roughly? That will be the deciding factor for me.

Tom,

They are willing to sell me the remaining parts in stock for $80/shock - that is their cost...then the work is $382...,aking the total about $460 of which he said he would discount the price down to the $400 mark if I take them all.

QUOTE (criticalmass @ Oct 29 2004, 03:11 PM)
Pair of shortened, revalved, double adjustable, off the shelf from Koni for $400 each, yes?

and what's our timing look like for this deal?  ie. when do I need to pay for these?

We need to get enough people to make this feasible...I am in for a set - got to have good shocks...

Kirk

criticalmass

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Please count me in for a set.

Edit: I would like a pair of fronts please. Don't need rears currently.
Just to clarify.

thanks

Edited by criticalmass, 01 November 2004 - 12:20 PM.

gtpilot

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
There's two...

Kirk

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Hmmm. That's a lot of scratch....I guess I better start selling stuff...anyone need a kidney?
"Toby, you are a thief of joy"

Hollowman

• Torsion Bar Groopie..
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic SI w/ ZC, 2002 S2000
    • Image Gallery
Hmmm.. That is a little high priced for my street car.. I would have to say the "maybe they will be there" route since I can't afford $400 per front strut right now..

Edited by Hollowman, 29 October 2004 - 10:35 PM.

RIP Block# D16A12011451.. It will be missed..

James Bond (Diamonds are Forever): "That's a nice little nothing you're almost wearing. I approve."

Posted Image