• You cannot reply to this topic
120 replies to this topic

gtpilot

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si - HYDRA, '86 CRX Si
    • Image Gallery
I have been dealing with KONI for many years - the shortened shock that they built and distributed for the 1st Gen CRX was actually a race design of mine that I gave them permission to replicate. I have heard a lot of people talkinga bout wanting a pair for the fronts or rears...so, I have been in contact with KONI to plant the seed for making a run of the parts. But, I have to have a general idea of how many people would actually buy them.

I do not have any pricing information - do not ask...I'll let you know when I do.

What I would like to know specifically:

Would you want a set of fronts only?

Fronts and rears?

Or rears only?

I would not do this for $$$ - whatever they cost me I will pass along to the group.

Kirk

Omega Mugen

• Dug Diggler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 CRX w/Si motor, 86 Civic DX Hatch, 2001 Prelude
Can they be used on the stock suspension (not lowered)?

Going to Hawaii? You need a Dune Buggy.

WTB: 14x8 or 9" Panasports or Watanabe RS.

WTB: 3g Civic hatch gauge cowl, brown.

WTB: ZC header--FOUND

gtpilot

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
You would not have sufficent droop travel in doing so, I would not recomment it.

Kirk

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic Si, 1991 Civic Si, 2001 Saab 9-3, 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero, 2003 Honda Pilot, 2009 Ducati Monster 696
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
REARS REARS REARS!!! i got the fronts about a month before they were discontinued.. REAR REARS REARS!!!!
1986 Civic Si; b16a is in.. just gotta get it running..
longest swap ever..... :(

smashfascism

• TURBO ZC!!!
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Turbo ZC, 1997 GMC Jimmy, 1991 Chevy pickup, 1989 Prelude SI, 1991 CRX HF, 1980 Chevy Stake bed (Bogger)
I want fronts!!!!
WTB- Turbo Parts: Turbo, Wastegate, FMIC, BOV

FS- Crx and Integra parts, lots of stuff just ask.

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
1 pair of fronts for me please. I need to get my fronts done anyway, this would probably be cheaper. What would the valving be like? I'd want mine done for 29mm t-bars.
"Toby, you are a thief of joy"

zc-hybrid

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86 civic CR-VTEC
I would definately buy front pair. But someone would have to ship them to me in England (UK).

JDN14

it depends on when.....if it would be march or April, id LOVE both fronts and rears.
93 Toyota Previa: Mid Engine, AWD people mover.

gtpilot

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (RPR,)
1 pair of fronts for me please. I need to get my fronts done anyway, this would probably be cheaper. What would the valving be like? I'd want mine done for 29mm t-bars.

Valving would be perfect for 25mm to 29mm torsion bars with the adjustment range they have in them. I ran them with both 27mm and 29mm.

QUOTE (zc-hybrid)
I would definately buy front pair. But someone would have to ship them to me in England (UK).

I would think that a small package like that would be relatively easy to get to you - if this goes through, I will take on the task.

Kirk

kedwards

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: '04 MINI Cooper, 2011 Honda Fit
I would be interested in both, fronts and rears.

Keith A. Edwards
Suffolk, VA
1.75 1st gen. CRXs
former ECHC H5 Champion

nivek2002

QUOTE (gtpilot @ Oct 28 2004, 04:04 PM)
QUOTE (RPR,)

Valving would be perfect for 25mm to 29mm torsion bars with the adjustment range they have in them. I ran them with both 27mm and 29mm.

QUOTE (zc-hybrid)

I would think that a small package like that would be relatively easy to get to you - if this goes through, I will take on the task.

Kirk

so will these be diffrent than ones you buy from people who stock them? Better valving or just normal Koni's?

Hollowman

• Torsion Bar Groopie..
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic SI w/ ZC, 2002 S2000
    • Image Gallery
I am very interested too.. I would like the fronts more than rears but all 4 would be nice... So my vote would be for the full set.. wink.gif

E-AT_me: How much were the sturts/shocks when you bought them?? This would be a nice baseline price.. rolleyes.gif
RIP Block# D16A12011451.. It will be missed..

James Bond (Diamonds are Forever): "That's a nice little nothing you're almost wearing. I approve."

Posted Image

gtcali

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: '89 Civic Sedan (turbo), 2000 Suburban 4x4 (lifted), 85 CRX Si (project)
If the price is right I'm interseted in fronts.

Edited by gtcali, 28 October 2004 - 11:32 PM.

Cäz™

• I love Wal*Mart
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 93 Civic Lx sedan
same here. If the price is right, i'll definitely want a full set biggrin.gif ...i wouldnt have the money till spring tho dry.gif

I like fried rice

Facebook me!
http://www.myspace.com/xcazx "...but like i said, i am not desparate...seriously. just bored..."

civtrx

• Craig M.
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1987 Honda Civic 1500-S
I would essentially be interested in front and rear. The front of my car is the only part that is really lowered right now, and the GR-2's in stock placement just don't have enough travel for a decent ride.
user posted image
^^^^^ R.I.P 05/16/05. . . you will be missed my Civic! ^^^^^