• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

andrew.rios94

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1985 Honda Civic CRX Si
    Garage View Garage

My '84 Crx heated up quite a bit more than usual one day. I checked the coolant level and noticed it was low. I then checked under the car and noticed the transmission oil cooler lines (3-speed Auto, I know -_- I do plan on swapping a 5 speed in there eventually) were torn and in bad condition and there was coolant leaking (slowly) from one of them.

So my question is instead of buying a new radiator ($120,) of course I need new hoses, would I just be able to puchase a seperate oil cooler and cap off the oil cooler nipples on the radiator to stop the leak. I was looking at the Hayden Ulra-Cool® Transmission Oil Cooler ($30)

I also haven't noticed any transmission problems so I'm assuming I didn't loose too much fluid or any coolant got in transmission, but I should still flush to be on the safe side right?

Edited by andrew.rios94, 21 July 2013 - 05:18 AM.

1985 CRX SI

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 CRX si
    Garage View Garage
You should be able to purchase a separate oil cooler and cap off the oil cooler nipples on the radiator.

You should still flush to be on the safe side.

Jeff

andrew.rios94

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    Garage View Garage

You should be able to purchase a separate oil cooler and cap off the oil cooler nipples on the radiator.You should still flush to be on the safe side.Jeff

Okay, thanks for your input.

andrew.rios94

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    Garage View Garage

I just installed it and so far so good.