Oem 87 Trans P/n

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

kess

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: RPR member #40. 1987 CRX Si, 1988 CRX Si, 1990 CRX Si/JRSC
Just an easy question (that I cant seem to source). What is the OEM transmission in a 1987 CRX Si with stock drivetrain? Honsetly - I've looked a lot and cant find an answer.

And if anyone has a good one I'm interested in buying it. Yes - I know the WTB forum is elseware, please dont flame me at this point.
When the Student is ready the Teacher appears...

gtpilot

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si - HYDRA, '86 CRX Si
    • Image Gallery
See the button up on top that says "Service Manuals"? From that link - GW = 5 speed, GV = 4 speed, CA = Automatic

Kirk

Mrbill855

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Group: Members
Hey I don't know the '87 PN for that Si transaxle but I do have one. I mean just last week I removed the one that came in my '87 HF when I bought it about a year ago. I've located and installed an '87 49-state HF transaxle because my HF is all original and my goal is MPG's. (gained a solid 8mpg's by th way) Anyway, the transaxle I removed shifts very smooth. It was overall noisier (slight whine) than the HF unit but could possibly just be due to the final drive ratio/speed of gear clusters. (I can't confirm that theory...) but I am going to sell the Si trans. (confident of it's good condition)

I'm gonna list it publicly today but thought I'd tag you since your post caught my eye. Thanks.