Same Old Honda Crx

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

thornton07

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1986 Honda CRX SI 2006 Suzuki Forenza, 2007 Dodge Mega-cab, 2003 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer
To everyone that replied to the posts I left earlier in April, thank you.

After replacing the ignition, the windshield wiper switch, got a new fan relay, and I replaced both negative and positive battery wires, as well as the battery. It ran for a day and then quit. I would like to thank whoever it was that posted the wiring diagram. That was a godsend. Instead of buying a wiring harness, I made my own. Not to save money, but so that I could color coordinate it to my own key that I keep stored in the house. This way If I have a problem I can troubleshoot it faster and I do not have to wonder if the fading blue wire was once blue or was it black. After running the new wires (one by one) the car is up and running again. I got a little ambitous and even fixed the sunroof wiring so I do not have to use that stupid little crank anymore and do it manually. There was evidence of chewing on over half of my wires. Living in Eastern Oregon, I am sure I had a few furry little friends helping me out there. Anyways, thanks again. It was really not that hard to re-wire this car myself.

1985 CRX SI

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 CRX si
    Garage View Garage
That was me that added the wiring diagram. A picture is worth a 1000 words. Glad it helped.

Jeff

thornton07

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: 1986 Honda CRX SI 2006 Suzuki Forenza, 2007 Dodge Mega-cab, 2003 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer
QUOTE (1985 CRX SI @ May 13 2008, 04:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That was me that added the wiring diagram. A picture is worth a 1000 words. Glad it helped.

Jeff

Thank you Jeff

thornton07

• Granny
  • Pip
I have hit a new level of frustration with this car. It ran beautifully until today. It will start but will not keep running. I think that this is in part to do something with the ignition switch. I replaced the old one and this one is brand new. Here is the problem. When the key is in the accessory position I have no accessory. This is why I replaced the old ignition. The new one does the same thing. In order for me to start the crx, I have to release the key once it fires and try to find the accessory position on the ignition. It moves around. This is not practical and I was wondering if there is something else that would cause the ignition not to recognize where accessory is at on the ignition. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Again

Chris