• You cannot reply to this topic
28 replies to this topic

85_ls_vtec_hb

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: Honda
    Garage View Garage
so ive been scratching my head for like 2weeks now cause my injectors wont pulse and spray fuel. theres fuel at the rail, the dizzy is good, the ecu is good, main relay is good. theres 12v at each injector constant but for some reason the they wont pulse. i know the ecu pulses a ground signal to the injectors and they are wired straight to the ecu. ive sprayed starting fluid into the intake and the car fires up and runs perfect no problems so i know for sure the injectors arent pulsing and ive tried bolth ways with and without a resistor box and several different sets of injectors???????

obdo-obd1 jumper
chipped p72

any help would be great thanks

icebox187

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
did you check the ecu ground? injector electronics are pretty simple.... hot runs through resistor to 1 injector pin, the other pin is connected to the ecu and the ecu triggers the grounds to actuate the "switch" much like this shitty drawing i found during a quick google search http://www.schlol.co...ctor_wiring.jpg

you should always have voltage at one pin, you can check the injectors by grounding out the other pin "should hear a click" if you get the click, check for voltage at the respective ecu pins for the injectors if you have voltage at the ecu and they are still not working, either A. the ecu is faulty, or B. you have a bad ground on your ecu, and need to go through the ecu pinouts and make sure that all the grounds are grounded.... with the obd0 b16 swap, i know for a fact that there was 1 particular pin on the ecu that i had to ground to the chassis... before i grounded it i had the same problem you are having
grimms mom

icebox187

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
yeh this one on the obd0 portion of your harness.... check it ..... IMA-idle mixture adjustment sensor (white/yellow)
B20 Ignition timing adjustment connector (Brown) Gets grounded to set ECU into adjustment mode
grimms mom

icebox187

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
to make that clearer... make sure pin b20 is run to a chassis ground point on the obd0 portion of your harness
grimms mom

85_ls_vtec_hb

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    Garage View Garage
Okay koo ill check those pins cause i know for a fact my ecu is good cause it runs in every i try it in

85_ls_vtec_hb

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    Garage View Garage
So i grounded that wire and still nothing no fire tested the injectors and ecu once more and evrtything works anyany other ideas???

85_ls_vtec_hb

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    Garage View Garage
Do i have to do anything with those plugs where that blk idle box was??

Lymitliss

• King Luke
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si B18C1, 1973 240Z V8 Conversion
    Garage View Garage
I'll have to go look at this soon happy.gif
Build Thread- Here

icebox187

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
no, you dont have to do anything to the plugs where the vac box was.... are the injectors clicking? if so take the plugs out and crank to see if you smell gas.... where did you source power for the eacv? is it working? also when you did your obd0 wiring, did you count pin a9 as the blank spot in the plug? are you running a obd0 dizzy? do you have the obd0 dizzy plug wired right?
grimms mom

85_ls_vtec_hb

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    Garage View Garage
the injectors will click if i touch them straight to the battery positive and negative but they dont click when the caris tryin to fire, the dizzy is wired right and the iacv is dissabled on the ecu and i cant run one with my intake manifold cause it wasnt made with a spot for on and yea i counted a9 as blank cause there besides a latch lol

85_ls_vtec_hb

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Lymitliss @ Mar 20 2011, 07:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll have to go look at this soon happy.gif

Yeah for sure hit up danny for my number or message me yours cause im stumped lol

gtpilot

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si - HYDRA, '86 CRX Si
    • Image Gallery
If you ran the injectors without the resistor box in series with the injectors, it is possible that you have fried the output drivers in the ECU.

Can you take out your adapter harness and put back in an OBD0 ECU to see if the motor will fire that way? What is the reason for switching to OBD1 - the LS motor?

Kirk

85_ls_vtec_hb

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (gtpilot @ Mar 21 2011, 03:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you ran the injectors without the resistor box in series with the injectors, it is possible that you have fried the output drivers in the ECU.

Can you take out your adapter harness and put back in an OBD0 ECU to see if the motor will fire that way? What is the reason for switching to OBD1 - the LS motor?

Kirk

The injectors are wired without the resistor box the same way as they would be in an obd1 integra or civic, i want my car running on obd1 cause there are more tunning options available cause my motor is built and i would like it to run and make the most power possible. The ecu is good ive ran it in 4 other cars all obd1 as well as put those other cars ecus in mine same result either way

Lymitliss

• King Luke
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si B18C1, 1973 240Z V8 Conversion
    Garage View Garage
Do you have any trouble codes?
Build Thread- Here

85_ls_vtec_hb

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip