• You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

chedda_j

• Lives to modify
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    • Drives: 1986 Honda Civic 2.2L LSD, Acura TL Aspec
    Garage View Garage
You guys might remember when i told you that i had to put a new clutch in...well i did it a while ago..not more than 2 months tho. dry.gif Well everything was good....but i never ever had total clutch...lot of play in the pedal. mad.gif I always just thought it was the tensioner was broken. tongue.gif Too my suprise its not. I took my clutch cable out...inspected it...put a new cable in and it didnt do anything. ph34r.gif Then when i was putting on the clutch cable back onto the clutch pedal i pushed the pedal and when it came back the cable connection would catch on the guide and stopper under the dash. I was like wtf? So i bent i back straight. I put the clutch cable back on and had tonnes of clutch. Then i went to press it down it just went back to the original position where it was bent in and the cable just got caught up once again..leavin me with no clutch.

Has anyone ever had this happen to them. Stupid stopper...i wish that it would stop bending... how the hell do i fix something like that? blink.gif

10395168_748294558578686_901304337744719

kenny86si

• Phoenix CRX
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86 CRX SI(sold)- 91 Mustang 5.0 LX
    • Image Gallery
if you are talking about the metal holder under the dash, then this happens a lot. the spot welds break apart from the factory and the thing moves excessively making you think you need a new clutch or trans. Usually when you get a new clutch, they tell you to put your head under the dash and visually inspect this. I had to have my dad weld it solid under there to correct mine. Scarry. all that heat with that padding crap everywhere to catch fire. Works like a champ now. YOu need to definately address this issue.

-=Playboy=-

• Honda! Bloody man's car
  • PipPip
    • Drives: Honda CRX 1.5i 1984 Ballade Sports, Honda CRX Si 1985 ZC
    Garage View Garage
Hrmm that sounds like what my cluth on my red crx is like, ill have to go have a look.

WOLFCRX

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 crx si, 87 crx si and 84 crx(Straman Spyder), 91 Chevy silverado, 87 lynx 5th wheel
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (kenny86si @ Jun 22 2005, 06:58 PM)
if you are talking about the metal holder under the dash, then this happens a lot. the spot welds break apart from the factory and the thing moves excessively making you think you need a new clutch or trans. Usually when you get a new clutch, they tell you to put your head under the dash and visually inspect this. I had to have my dad weld it solid under there to correct mine. Scarry. all that heat with that padding crap everywhere to catch fire. Works like a champ now. YOu need to definately address this issue.

That happend to mine twice, i replaced the peddle assembly the first time and on the second i had it welded and then a solid brace put in place so it will never happen again. It's worked spectacular ever sence.
RPR Convertible club:

84 Straman project build

chedda_j

• Lives to modify
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    • Drives: 1986 Honda Civic 2.2L LSD, Acura TL Aspec
    Garage View Garage
Pain in the f'n ass. I was thinking, I tried this before. All you do is make your mount..instead of under the dash, make it just outside the fire wall. Its a tight fit but it works. All it will do is pull on the fire wall. Which im not too worried about.

10395168_748294558578686_901304337744719

bigk3000

• 1337 5h17
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 84 Civic Hatch 1500 S with D16A1 blacktop
    • Image Gallery
yeah that is what kille dteh clutch before i got the car.. i changed my clutch after a month of crappy driving.. and to my surprise i had your symptoms.. the spot welds broke and bent the mount.

So i took the pedal rail out and welded it back and its been fine for almost 2 years now.
EXPLOSIVO!
84 Civic Hatchback 1500S-w/ d16 blacktop :P
86 Nissan 300zx GLL

user posted image

SportInjectedClub
user posted image