Who here has done an engine swap?

• You cannot reply to this topic
36 replies to this topic

JEFFtheJ00la

• i was the first one to rent this monte, lol
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86crx soon to be b20b, 96Grand am sedan(9.22 1/8th), 79Trans am 403 to 350 in prog. , 03Dakota DD, 86 civic sedan si swap dd
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
im gonna do a b20b swap soon. im gonna go from carbed(i hate carbs) to fi. i just need a tranny basically. ive been slowly working on my 350 swap in my 79 trans am for a year and a half. i kept running into problems, mainly money and not knowing what im doing. i have the engine sitting in the car bolted to the tranny. this summer my dad is gonna help me since he knows how to work on old cars.

SportInjectedClubvisit my myspace SAHCR Member

if your offended by anything i post, you need to seriously get a life

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
    • Drives: The Si (86 Civic Si D16A1 blacktop) The Blackbird (87 CRX Si Bone Stock) Cherry II (86 Civic 1500S Mostly Stock)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I Did a D15A3 Swap in my Si, and a EV2 swap (tongue.gif) in the Bulldog.

With the Bulldog, I blew up the motor, and the only one I had lying around that could go in readily was my old EV2 1.3 that came out of my Si, so I swapped that sucker in (amazing gas mileage, though!)

For the Si, I swapped out the Carb'd EV2 and converted the fuel system to FI, replaced and re-did most of the entire wiring harness from the carb'd to FI harness, and swapped in the Si motor....

Haven't had any problems with either motor since the swaps, they run great!

Cheers,
Mark

SportInjectedClub

I don't frequent the boards much anymore, but i'm a wealth of knowledge. Email or PM me if you're stumped!

CRXdan

i did a swap
90 crx si
13.17@113 street tires low boost
86 samurai g16 turbo

Airgazm86

• Ungawa!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: '86 Std. hatchback, '06 Mitsu EVO IX SE, '15 Mitsu Lancer EVO X FE
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Unlike a lot of you, I haven't done a major swap, just replaced an oil-burning EV with an EW. I bought an '88 Integra for a donor car but I soon realized that swapping a D16 into my carb'd 3G was more of a job than I wanted to tackle at the time...mostly due to wiring. But I lucked out and bought a set of dual Mikuni carbs from eldo, which proved to be a much simpler route for me.

DSMTimeline.jpg

ELITEX

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 CRX si
I havent done a swap yet but plane on it....I want to go b series..I am not sure yet..I was thinking going LS vtec but I may just go with b18c....GSR..THe main reason I havent done the swap is cuase of Money...

MakDiesel

• She'll do 80 mph in 2nd gear and 45+ mpg, not simultaneously
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: '89 CRX HF-Z1 ~ no carpet, no A/C, no muffler, earplugs optional '97 Hatch DX-Y5 ~ Roll cage & lean burn
    • Image Gallery
No swaps yet...

Closest I've ever come to one is putting the lightly modified '81 280zx L28e (FI) motor from my rusty car into my lighter, prettier, less-rusty '72 240z that was carbed. Turns out I eventually sold both cars to go to college and now my only car, a '85 CRX Si has the original EW3. Why no swap?

1. I'm in college (self-sustaining, absolutely no parental $ whatsoever...for the last 6 years in fact) = I'm poor

2. No garage/facility to um...facilitate such an undertaking for the unspecified days/weeks/months it would take.

3. Even tho the original EW3 in it now has ~207k, it is tuned to perfection for optimal reliability and gas mileage (avg. for the last 10k has been ~38-40 mpg) and it can still chirp and scream with the best of them so why fix what isn't broken? If the bitch breaks, I'll consider a B-series, unless money is tight and a substitue EW3 will have to do. Mak
QUOTE (therealtime)
i see you did a world class rape on the rest of the vehicle lol.

C8V6C

B16...

Soon to be ls vtaaak yo!~

smile.gif

844b096b-9fda-4214-b621-217bc4a6dce1.jpg