• You cannot reply to this topic
90 replies to this topic

OG Wagon

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 Crx Si
Nice progress. Loving the forklift!!

What rims are you going with for the completed project? Just curious...

WagoCats HOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Maine_Honda_Racer

• Can't stay off the race track!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1993 Civic EX Track Car, 1987 Crx Si Ice Racer, 1990 CRX Si Track Car, 2004 Dodge Durango
I love your engine hoist! I've used a Ford tractor before but never a forklift.

Ben

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Feb 28 2010, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In fact, I rock out an RPR decal!

Forcefed Si

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: turbo'ed 87 Civic Si Hatchback and a heavily modified jeep wrangler
QUOTE (OG Wagon @ Jan 20 2010, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice progress. Loving the forklift!!

What rims are you going with for the completed project? Just curious...

Right now I am planning on just keeping the 17" konigs that are on it, but sometime I wouldn't mind going to something in a 16" maybe a black wheel. but that will be when my wallet recovers from the engine parts that I am shopping around for right now.

Forcefed Si

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Now I'm to the part of the project that I'm least looking forward to, well of the swap anyways, (I was less excited about body work and paint) But I am starting to figure out the wiring for the swap, I am no wiring wiz so it might take me awhile and some frustration before I get it all figured out.

Forcefed Si

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Well I haven't had as much time to work on my car lately so I don't have too much to report. I have started on the wiring and I'll just keep working on that in my spare time. hopefully this weekend will be productive.

Forcefed Si

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Things are moving along. Here are a few pictures that I have taken lately. I have most of the wiring figured out. I'm not sure if I am doing it the hard way or not but I took pretty much all of the integra harness and put it in the civic. So far the only pain was swaping plugs by the driver door but I got all the wires hooked up and all my tail lights and stuff work so that is awesome. I also have the motor bolted in. I think I might be doing things the hard way but I want to put it in and make sure that I have all the wiring figured out and get it in running condition before I pull it out and tear it down to take it to the machine shop and stuff, I just want to tackle as few problems as possible at once.

Here is where I swapped plugs, luckily most of the wires are the same color but I did have to figure out some of them on my own

This is the motor mount that I had to modify to clearance the timing belt cover. I kind of copied the kakabox, mine doesn't look as perfect as his does but it should work

I was getting really excited at this point

And it's in!!

Hopefully more progress to come soon

kaymo

• Mr.Ididntseeyousittingthereofficer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 74'vert Blazer, 84redrexHF (RIP), 87blackrexSI, 91STDhatch(resurrected for beater)(RIP again)
those wheels on the teg, are those ICW hammers? what size are they? you got the full set?

i found my set of ICW's at the JY they seem to be 15x7
QUOTE (kjeffery @ Apr 17 2009, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yet again Scott, you have all the answers

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Apr 17 2009, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No. All the answers are in the Kakabox build thread.

QUOTE (Lymitliss @ May 26 2009, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ohh yeah I guess that makes sense. King Kaymo has all the answers :lol:

Forcefed Si

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (kaymo @ Jan 31 2010, 09:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
those wheels on the teg, are those ICW hammers? what size are they? you got the full set?

I don't know much about them, they came on my civic when I first bought it, they are Epic brand, and they are 14" tall. I'm not sure how wide and yes I have a full set

kaymo

• Mr.Ididntseeyousittingthereofficer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 74'vert Blazer, 84redrexHF (RIP), 87blackrexSI, 91STDhatch(resurrected for beater)(RIP again)
thats cool. that color is quite awesome. looks like you've got that motor swap handled!

oh and screech, yes you were right about all that you said about the brakes.
QUOTE (kjeffery @ Apr 17 2009, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yet again Scott, you have all the answers

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Apr 17 2009, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No. All the answers are in the Kakabox build thread.

QUOTE (Lymitliss @ May 26 2009, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ohh yeah I guess that makes sense. King Kaymo has all the answers :lol:

OG Wagon

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1986 Crx Si
GREAT progress! Keep it up.

Your making this look too easy!

WagoCats HOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Forcefed Si

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Sorry, no new pics right now, I keep forgeting to take my camera with me to work on my car. Things are still moving along. I have finished most of a pretty mild wire tuck. I ran all the wires for the headlights and turn signals through the fenders and have tried to run everything pretty cleanly. I'm not too concerned with hidding all the wires, just making it look nice. I am also figuring out how to put in a radiator that I think is out of a 2000 civic in, the half rad will be nice when it comes time to put in the turbo. I will try to get some pics up soon

Screech

• Project CI2-VIC Team Lead
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 16 Ford RS, 84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2), 98 Civic EX
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (kaymo @ Jan 31 2010, 08:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The wheels on the Integra look like the OEM Integra wheels to me. Or are you talking about a different wheel/Integra than in the OP's first post?

Look kinda like the ones on my Civic, though different "tooth" count, I just replaced my "ACURA" center caps with the HONDA F-1 caps.

(click to see bigger)

Forcefed Si

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (Screech @ Feb 8 2010, 10:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The wheels on the Integra look like the OEM Integra wheels to me. Or are you talking about a different wheel/Integra than in the OP's first post?

Look kinda like the ones on my Civic, though different "tooth" count, I just replaced my "ACURA" center caps with the HONDA F-1 caps.

(click to see bigger)

Well in the first pics of the integra it does have the stock acura wheels on it but in the pictures when it is in the shop it has different wheels on it becasue the tires that came on it were super worn out so I just threw my other wheels on.

Forcefed Si

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
I got the new motor started for the first time tonight in the civic, sorry I am such a slacker with getting pictures up, I promise there will be new ones soon. I think I am just about done with all the wiring that I need to do and I also figured out how to route my radiator that is from a 96 civic (obviously if I started it). I am getting so stoked to drive this thing again. I might even have it back on the road by Saturday, tomorrow I should be able to get the new windshield in and finish a few odds and ends like finishing putting the dash and door panels in, hooking up shifter linkage, wiring up my remote start, and a few other annoying things that i haven't got done yet (I love not working on Fridays) and Saturday I should be able to get the hood and bumper and all that kinda stuff back together and get things finished up. If I can drive my Honda again in a couple of days it will be one of the best days of my life. Then I can drive her for the next few weeks while I continue to gather parts for the turbo build ph34r.gif It will suck to have the Civic out of service after such a short time of driving it but I just love boost too much and can't wait. I was going to run the T-25 that I was running on the EW but I just picked up a T-28 from one of my friends, I think that this will be a lot better turbo. Well I am getting ahead of myself. I'm excited enough to drive it with N/A power for now. Hopefully the fortune of the car gods will smile upon me and I can get this thing done!!!

ATXBoy

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 Honda Civic Si
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
im anxious to see this thing in one piece! it looks really really good! congrats on all of your fortune smile.gif