Texas Round Up 2010

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
110 replies to this topic

86hamstersi

• Get a job loser
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1980 yamaha qt50, 2007 civic si sedan(wife's)
    Garage View Garage
Now for food. What all do yall want to include in the bar b que. What about drinks. Entertainment. Car washing. These are all the ideas that are put in but we don't want to under or over do it if we end up with more or less members than expected. And if for any chance it rains on those days would yall still want to do it? I am up for whatever. And I know zak won't back down (like he did for the oklahoma meet). Who needs lodging. How long and when will you probably be showing up. Let us know so we can be ready. Thanks.

Fred
A grown up living with their parents is a loser.

Crx-Kid

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 crx
Hmms wings, hotdogs, brats, and the meat on the stick(think they're called shiscabobs)? sound good. More than likely i can bring those things or other things if need be. Uhm I'd still be down if it rained because then we can just chill somewhere inside and eat and talk.

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I am not liking this idea guys, you are putting to much pressure on me to clean up my house and yard. The more people that show up, means I can't have carparts on the back porch, or stored up in the house. Dang you, dang you all. mad.gif
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

Gimpalot

• Are we having fun yet?
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: '85 CRX Si, '92 Goldwing GL1500A, '07 Silverado
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (badpenny @ Feb 7 2010, 11:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am not liking this idea guys, you are putting to much pressure on me to clean up my house and yard. The more people that show up, means I can't have carparts on the back porch, or stored up in the house. Dang you, dang you all. mad.gif

bp, look at the car parts as part of the swap meet....
The more people that show up, the more likely you are to have the parts you REALLY want.
(subliminal voice---yes a vw cabbie motor will fit in your CRX... we can get that done in about 4 hours... let's get started!!)

tongue.gif
QUOTE (Sinic @ Apr 21 2010, 09:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You really know you have made it far on rpr when someone quotes you in their signature. I can't wait for the day!

greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2018 Contributor
    • Drives: 9 crx's: #1 228k 87si beater, #2 concours 25K, #3 108K 87si, #4 98K parts car, #5 213K 87si parts car, #6 84 straman, #7 86si 150k #8 67k parts #9 129K si for straman conversion
I can help you move the fridge from the porch to the kitchen to make extra room.....
Keepin' it OEM

86hamstersi

• Get a job loser
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's @ Feb 7 2010, 02:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can help you move the fridge from the porch to the kitchen to make extra room.....

Jason is actually really good at making room. He burned up his vw in order to put another car in its place. Wish I had the guts to do that to the wife's. But all in all if yall need another place to host I can use my house. Whatever yall want to do.

Gimpalot

• Are we having fun yet?
  • PipPip
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (86hamstersi @ Feb 7 2010, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jason is actually really good at making room. He burned up his vw in order to put another car in its place. Wish I had the guts to do that to the wife's. But all in all if yall need another place to host I can use my house. Whatever yall want to do.

bp is just clowning hamster.
he does that quite well, sometimes without even realizing it.

For all who are planning on coming, feel free to pm me and I will reply with address/phone info.

As far as what to do if it rains, that is what a 2 car garage wide shop in the backyard is for!!!(only has a 1 car door though)
You really know you have made it far on rpr when someone quotes you in their signature. I can't wait for the day!

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Wow, you guys. Geez. Anyways, what we gonna name this event. Seeing that now, its not on Memorial Day, or Labor Day this year? Its our 5th year to do this... I know we can't call it the Gulf states meet, although the patches would be AWESOME. South Central sounded cool, but we run the risk of Houstonians and LA not showing up.
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

Gimpalot

• Are we having fun yet?
  • PipPip
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (badpenny @ Feb 8 2010, 06:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, you guys. Geez. Anyways, what we gonna name this event. Seeing that now, its not on Memorial Day, or Labor Day this year? Its our 5th year to do this... I know we can't call it the Gulf states meet, although the patches would be AWESOME. South Central sounded cool, but we run the risk of Houstonians and LA not showing up.

Oh!!! Oh!!!
BigOrange would say we should call it the "Let's go wagobomb the freakishly tall dude Meet-2010" tongue.gif

We could call it the "If you less than 2000 miles from here, you should come meet"
I think that should cover the majority of the peoples that may show, and may even encourage some of the long distance members to try and out do bp's previous trek to the NEC meet...

Seriously, I don't know....
any other suggestions?

greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2018 Contributor
    • Drives: 9 crx's: #1 228k 87si beater, #2 concours 25K, #3 108K 87si, #4 98K parts car, #5 213K 87si parts car, #6 84 straman, #7 86si 150k #8 67k parts #9 129K si for straman conversion
You sleigh me brothers... I don't need any of BP's help moving stuff at my house..

I was asking around for what # meet this was.

5th annual "RPR South Central Regional". Think the OK guys are the only state I've been aware of boardering TX that's had/have meets?? Ark?, NM?, LA? I'm new and ingnorant, but I think the regional think makes sence.

I went over to the local dealership looking for hats. Seems like most are the $15 range. Thinking of getting them from one of my supplier dealerships in a state w/o sales tax, get them ~30% off (possibly more). Then get something simple embriodered. What are your thoughts? If some one wants/can run w/ tee shirts, I'm in, but don't have time to work it.

BUT, lets do hash out a design this year. And we'll use it for next year's meet. Its always a cluster F#$% when you get opinions on some logo or design when you are not all there to do it on the spot. I think the momentum gets lost.

But back to the hats, my local dealership had several on display (most were no longer available - so couldn't get more than 2 to match). So I had them look up what I could order in a catalog. So they had around 9. 3 were of a "dragon" series that didn't seem to leave a lot of "good" space for a logo addition. 3 were pastels for a more feminine look. 3 others were standard Honda hats w/ either the honda "h emblem" or the "honda" name on the front. I was poking at htis one b/c I think it would be the simplest unless someone wanted to champion a shirt design.
Keepin' it OEM

86hamstersi

• Get a job loser
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
I would love to have the Honda emblem on the front with my screen name on the back. But that may get expensive since its not a repetitive design. Hope I can get everything done by the first week of june.

Crx-Kid

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
im fine with the honda emblem as well for a hat

it will look good ;]

86hamstersi

• Get a job loser
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
Bump for atxboy tongue.gif

Crx-Kid

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
whose that lolx

86hamstersi

• Get a job loser
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Crx-Kid @ Feb 12 2010, 04:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
whose that lolx

He's a member in austin. He may be coming up for the meet.