The Argo

• You cannot reply to this topic
6 replies to this topic

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage

To recap, those that know of my past projects.The last one was the Yamato, I was prowd of that project, I learned a bit about the original suspension, and right before I was looking into lowering springs or stiffer springs (rear e30 springs were on deck for this) for it, a tree crushed it, (May 2015) Thus halting all progress, its taken over a year to begin dismantling it. (I still get a bit queezy when around it, a site better than last october where I couldnt step into the garage without vomitting)

The Armadillo, 86 auto sedan converted to manual, then fuel injected si. Then back to carb'd d16a1. then back to 1.3 and sold. Bought and sold at least 3 times, and finally sold off to some guy that put an apc wing on it and wanted 3k for it with a broken timing belt.

The hf project I built for my dad, converted to si. He loved it, Then he went blind, sold it to a member who flipped it to someone else who sold it for stupid money.

Project Jean, Ive owned this car since 98/99, wrecked it the day I graduated college in 01, Gimpalot helped me "repair" it and make the most of the small amount I got from the insurance company. From bending steel, to removing an axle nut from an unmounted axle to remove a lca nut. to replacing a heater core after it spewed hot rad fluid on my wife of the time.  I am abandoning this one due to the excessive damage, that I havent the ability, skill, tools, or time for, the accident has shifted everything from mid passenger door, to the front corner lense, anywhere from a quarter inch to three quarter an inch to the left. The passenger shock mount frame is parallel with the ground, which results in the lca, tie rod, and hub to be set at an odd angle to stock.  I will be caniballizing parts for the hatchback I aquired 2 years ago

Henry, current dx hatch

Argo 86 auto sedan Coming soon.

Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

badpenny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage

Gimpalot and I got some breakdown work in on Jean.  We couldn't believe what we found when we removed the interior.  Apparently, before his wife owned the car, it had been involved in a major rearend collision.  We found this out while removing the rear interior trim.  We both agreed that what we found had definitely been shoddy workmanship. But we also agreed, that alot of the issues we had encountered while owning it, now had an answer.

The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

3rd gen sinner

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2016 Contributor
    • Drives: 15 Kia Sorento, 86 Civic
    Garage View Garage

When are you going to post pics of the new project. Really liking the number of sedans that are coming out.

badpenny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage

In due time.  Probably when it stops raining and I can get one of the vehicles out of my garage.  Still working on scrapping one of my hatches and the wagon.

badpenny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage

Jean has been gone a month now, I have been concentrating on dismantling the wagon. 

Chapter 2 Dismantling of the YAMATO

For those that follow the rpr group on fb, I posed the question.

What is the difference in width of the AWD subframe vs the 2wd subframe.?  

The answer, Nothing, hell mine even had bolt locations to accept a swaybar.  And we put one in there,  PITA it was.

I did find out that the thickness of the (subframe bolt) mounts, Sedan to AWD wagon, differ by 1/2 to 3/4 inch, meaning that if you are putting a sedan subframe on a wagon, you may need to utilize the sedan bolts, to assure proper fitment.

realization, the AWD axles fit the teg intermediate shaft, I am hoping they fit the transmission. (i will keep posting)

Todays agenda, remove trans cables from firewall, disconnect motor and accessories from engine bay. (bp cinco de mayo saturday 11:34 am cst)

3rd gen sinner

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2016 Contributor
    • Drives: 15 Kia Sorento, 86 Civic
    Garage View Garage
You had my curiosity, but now you have my attention.

badpenny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Family vacation over, now back to it