Newbie Needs Swap Help

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

oc44

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Group: Members
Hey there,

I know this has probably been addressed somewhere, but I couldn't find the thread. If a thread is out there, please point me in the right direction.

OK, heres the story. I was given an 86 CRX hf a few weeks ago. It is rough, needs some work, but a worthy project. The first thing I want to address is the engine. She is running, but the engine is at the end of its life. I was researching swaps and have narrowed it to two options. Option 1, carb an SI engine or Option 2, find a carbed d16 to drop in. I am not interested at all to change the car over to FI.

So, who out there has done these swaps? What are the Pros and Cons of both? Which is the easiest? Which would be the best?

I plan to autocross the car after the project is done.

Any help or suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks

nighthawk

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 CRX SI 87 CRX DL 72 Porshe 911T 65 Jaguar XKE 02 Toyota Camry
correct me if i'm wrong guys but i think some early Integras were carbed the d16 teg swap is a good one you'll just have to find a carb manifold for it. i'm putting a complete body harness,engine tranny,crossmember and strut assy from an 88 teg that got rolled.It is all going in an 87CRX that is currently carbed the engine tranny swap is easy but converting to FI is challenging. Try asking on the post someone might have a carb/ manifold.

HTH biggrin.gif

Cheers Rob biggrin.gif

Edited by nighthawk, 28 October 2003 - 11:36 PM.

Robert Busteed

Roberts Restoration
Victoria BC

Rides:

87 crx dx, 87 crx si 72 911T 65 Jaguar XKE Roadster 02 Toyota Camry

4dr

• SOHC Honda Cowboy!
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1989 crx Si, 1994 civic Dixxer 4dr, 1986 dixxer CRX(RIP)
    • Image Gallery
OK, heres the story. I was given an 86 CRX hf a few weeks ago. It is rough, needs some work, but a worthy project. The first thing I want to address is the engine. She is running, but the engine is at the end of its life. I was researching swaps and have narrowed it to two options. Option 1, carb an SI engine or Option 2, find a carbed d16 to drop in. I am not interested at all to change the car over to FI.

im in the same boat as you.
right now im leaning towards a carbed d16a1.
that hardest part should be either finding some ZC carbs to run on the d16, or, spending the money for a conversion kit.
that is were i am at.

supposedly(if you search on here youll find more info)
i guess the SI head fits on the carbed HF?DX block for a gain....i havent done that and am not going that route. but the info is here...