• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

CRXRacer722

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1987 Honda CRX DX
    • Image Gallery
is it possible to test the funcionality of a brake booster on a junker car? the car is completely dead...brake fluid is drained and the pedal depresses all the way...so how can i test it to see if its good?

nature223

• Yeah,Im the guy who stuffed the GEICO Gecko up Barnie's ass.
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1985 CRX Si(manual),1995 Del Sol Si ,2005 Honda CR-V,Wife's 2006 CR-V(all the others are auto tran's)
QUOTE (CRXRacer722 @ Sep 26 2005, 10:56 AM)
is it possible to test the funcionality of a brake booster on a junker car? the car is completely dead...brake fluid is drained and the pedal depresses all the way...so how can i test it to see if its good?

Suuuuure,hook up a vacuum meter and suck it down......note the rate of leak down.
VERYYYYyy slow,but a gradual leak down?..pull it..nice unit.
PUMP LIKE A MAD MAN FOR NO REAL GAIN???
blow it off,the diaphragm is shot,and not worth your time to bother playing with it unless you REAALLLLLLY want to know it's inner most workings.
oh yeah,faster AND furious..Heh Heh Heh

better to be thought the fool..
rather then to open one's mouth and confirm it

use may include risk factors these include;anal leakage,oily discharge,copious flatulence,bloating,incontinence,erectile dysfunction,body rejecting genitals,a racing or severely diminished heart rate/including death. discontinue use if health insurance ends,or patient turns blue and doctor leaves after declaring patient has died...your results may vary

CRXRacer722

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1987 Honda CRX DX
    • Image Gallery
sounds like a plan...looks like i gotta buy a new toy from autozone...where do i hook the meter up to...the checkvalve?

nature223

• Yeah,Im the guy who stuffed the GEICO Gecko up Barnie's ass.
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1985 CRX Si(manual),1995 Del Sol Si ,2005 Honda CR-V,Wife's 2006 CR-V(all the others are auto tran's)
QUOTE (CRXRacer722 @ Sep 26 2005, 11:55 AM)
sounds like a plan...looks like i gotta buy a new toy from autozone...where do i hook the meter up to...the checkvalve?

yeap ...just apply vacuum.. biggrin.gif
oh yeah,faster AND furious..Heh Heh Heh

better to be thought the fool..
rather then to open one's mouth and confirm it

use may include risk factors these include;anal leakage,oily discharge,copious flatulence,bloating,incontinence,erectile dysfunction,body rejecting genitals,a racing or severely diminished heart rate/including death. discontinue use if health insurance ends,or patient turns blue and doctor leaves after declaring patient has died...your results may vary