New To The Group - Like The Stuff I See Going On

• You cannot reply to this topic
30 replies to this topic

Boosted_Behavior

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1985 Civic Wagon, 1985 Civic HB, 1990 Eagle Talon TSI AWD, 1994 Toyota Celica GT, 1965 Mercury Parklane (Hooptie!!!)
    • Image Gallery
Hey everyone,

I am the recent owner of 2 Honda's
1985 Honda Wagon 4WD 1.5 Carb.
1985 Honda Civic HB 1.5 Carb.

The wagon has a good body and blown motor, the HB has a 3000 mile rebuilt motor and bad body....so combining the 2 together. In all honestly, these carb'd motors are pretty new to me. I have been playing with DSM's since 1999 so fuel injected turbo applications have been my fortie for the last several years. I hope to learn alot about these 3g's from the group and seeing what you guys are doing to them. I am opting to stay carb'd for the old skool affect and chose this car as it was cheap (free) and will be a good daily driver as I commute about 60miles/day.

I am currently a high standing member of NW-DSM and DSMTuners and would be very appreciative to being accepted as a new RPR member.

PS: For those doing turbo apps and looking in the direction of DSM parts like injectors, turbo's, etc... I may be very helpful as my contribution to the group thus far.

Thanks for the space guys and looking forward to being here. cool.gif

IfTakumiDroveACRX

• Can't stop the greatness in motion....just you wait...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 85 crx Si two-tone black/grey, 72 Datsun 510 with an experimental rotary swap (the engine is a 12a and 13b hybrid), Infiniti G35 sedan on air suspension rolling on 19" G-Corp's Estatus wheels and various Garson/D.A.D accessories
    • Image Gallery
Welcome to the board and may I be the first to say GHOST STORY!!!!!! laugh.gif wink.gif
user posted image
www.implicit-autosports.com - Proud Distributors of Monkeyz-Tek Performance Parts

Boosted_Behavior

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1985 Civic Wagon, 1985 Civic HB, 1990 Eagle Talon TSI AWD, 1994 Toyota Celica GT, 1965 Mercury Parklane (Hooptie!!!)
    • Image Gallery
you may - and were very quick on that one as well tongue.gif

73hp

• i go fast...well i try to...
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 civic, 97 mpv, '91 teg, AH-64 Apache...
    • Image Gallery
welcome..
damn exhaust shop cracked my header... i need one badly...anyone got 1 for sale......lemme know pls.

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Wagovans are loved and envied here. Congratulations. Take a look in my gallery for some ideas.

J<---------So wants a wagovan.
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

Boosted_Behavior

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Image Gallery
I chose to use the wagon body instead of fixing up the HatchBack as you don't see many Wagons around my area at all if any at all. So I like going with the different look and plan on some custom mods to give it rally look but still clean. My roomate hates it and wishes I would just fix the hatch, but standing my ground. I am determined to have a true shaggin wagon!!! lmao

badpenny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I have a favor to ask. Because I am curious. When you aren't busy, would you mind test fitting the hatchie front seats in the wagon.

I like the wagon, but the damn seats are too freakin tall for me.
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
ahhh another fellow dsm'r going old skool honda!!! being different is good...!! welcome..

Boosted_Behavior

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (badpenny @ Apr 21 2006, 12:15 PM)
I have a favor to ask.  Because I am curious.  When you aren't busy, would you mind test fitting the hatchie front seats in the wagon.

I like the wagon, but the damn seats are too freakin tall for me.

I will give it a try when I get a chance...

Boosted_Behavior

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (etmydst @ Apr 21 2006, 12:28 PM)
ahhh another fellow dsm'r going old skool honda!!! being different is good...!! welcome..

LOL! Well don't believe I have converted to Honda all together. The old skool just won't get me down the track fast enough... blink.gif The Honda will definately be nice for my daily driver as well as with the room it has, for getting parts or going up in the mountains for camping/fishing/hunting. I am working on a new shell for the Talon right now with a 6 point roll cage, better suspension, 4 bolt rear, and a sumped oem gas tank with external fuel pump good to 700hp. The Talon will eventually go from being my daily to becoming my weekend road warrior and 11 sec. grocery getter (10's are a lil out of reach for the time being).

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: your car if i find the keys
    • Image Gallery
first off, welcome to RPR. i think you are making the right move by keeping the AWd wagon but there is one thing here that might get in the way of your plans. even though both the wagon and the hatch are labled EW1 you have 2 different bellhousing bolt patterns which means that you can not bolt the hatch engine to the wagon transmission and keep AWD. now for the good news, you can bolt a D16A1 right to the AWd wagon transmission with no modifications and a 88-95 D series motor with a couple minor modifications. i hope this dont put a complete stop to your plans. keep us posted on progress.
When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Dec 10 2008, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another loser who can not get traction. I feel sorry for him.

IM A LOSER!!! my car pulls harder when spinning than any "highly modified" EW

Team BUrnOUt founding member

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Boosted_Behavior @ Apr 21 2006, 02:41 PM)

LOL! Well don't believe I have converted to Honda all together. The old skool just won't get me down the track fast enough... blink.gif The Honda will definately be nice for my daily driver as well as with the room it has, for getting parts or going up in the mountains for camping/fishing/hunting. I am working on a new shell for the Talon right now with a 6 point roll cage, better suspension, 4 bolt rear, and a sumped oem gas tank with external fuel pump good to 700hp. The Talon will eventually go from being my daily to becoming my weekend road warrior and 11 sec. grocery getter (10's are a lil out of reach for the time being).

yeah I know what you mean ...my laser rs-t bested a 12.2 but in all honesty it is not as fun to drive as my 87 crx si .. but man in a honda all ricers want to race.it never fails every time i take it out.. I do get alot of thumbs up from older people and REAL honda enthusiasts.... but in my dsm not 1 person dare revved on me???? blink.gif must be my ETMYDST license plate with 264/ 272 bumbsticks and 3" turboback sound LOL... 2 different but enjoyable worlds i guess...

Boosted_Behavior

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (crxls @ Apr 21 2006, 02:53 PM)
first off, welcome to RPR. i think you are making the right move by keeping the AWd wagon but there is one thing here that might get in the way of your plans. even though both the wagon and the hatch are labled EW1 you have 2 different bellhousing bolt patterns which means that you can not bolt the hatch engine to the wagon transmission and keep AWD. now for the good news, you can bolt a D16A1 right to the AWd wagon transmission with no modifications and a 88-95 D series motor with a couple minor modifications. i hope this dont put a complete stop to your plans. keep us posted on progress.

Oh crap!!! I was assuming think I would be able to use the hacthback 1.5 engine and mate the 4wd flywheel/clutch/transmission to it. I guess it is safe to assume that modifying the bellhousing bolt patterns to fit is not applicable. I have seen that I can use the D16a1 motor and it pretty much bolts up. Stupid question....what is that engine? 1.5 Fuel injected?

Thanks bro...

Boosted_Behavior

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (etmydst @ Apr 21 2006, 03:30 PM)
QUOTE (Boosted_Behavior @ Apr 21 2006, 02:41 PM)

yeah I know what you mean ...my laser rs-t bested a 12.2 but in all honesty it is not as fun to drive as my 87 crx si .. but man in a honda all ricers want to race.it never fails every time i take it out.. I do get alot of thumbs up from older people and REAL honda enthusiasts.... but in my dsm not 1 person dare revved on me???? blink.gif must be my ETMYDST license plate with 264/ 272 bumbsticks and 3" turboback sound LOL... 2 different but enjoyable worlds i guess...

Take a looksie at my site (click on boosted behavior in my sig). this is my car...I have been really lazy at posting all the pics I have and from customer cars we have worked on as well as making a parts department....but gives ya the idea...

badpenny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Boosted_Behavior @ Apr 21 2006, 05:41 PM)
QUOTE (crxls @ Apr 21 2006, 02:53 PM)

Oh crap!!! I was assuming think I would be able to use the hacthback 1.5 engine and mate the 4wd flywheel/clutch/transmission to it. I guess it is safe to assume that modifying the bellhousing bolt patterns to fit is not applicable. I have seen that I can use the D16a1 motor and it pretty much bolts up. Stupid question....what is that engine? 1.5 Fuel injected?

Thanks bro...

This is where you find a d16a1 and bolt it to that tranny. wink.gif On second thought, you don't want that wagovan, you want to give it to badpenny. Repeat. laugh.gif