Ew Turbo Kits And Manifolds

• You cannot reply to this topic
15 replies to this topic

sirx31

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 crx si, 98 civic ex, mazda b2000
ok everyone there is a site that i have found in my recent researching and i have come across a company that makes a turbo manifold for the EW's or d15a2...the mani is going fo around $279 and i will post the link also at the bottom!

the kit it self is starting at $599 and that is for a T3 turboand is a custom DIY kit and for $699+ you can get the T4 turbo...the site has setup the options for you to select the parts you need/want such as intercooler or not and what size, also the wastegate being internal or external and size on that also...there is other options as well but i will let you all see that for yourselves...here are the links
enjoy
turbocalculator home
turbocalculator turbo kit sales page
turbocalculator turbo manifolds sales page
the turbo manifolds are the 3rd ones on the page and you will notice that the d15a2 is the first on the list...again enjoy

NiMi1718

if its for the carb motors the manifold that means itfit the ew4 to thats cool great find finally somthing good
user posted image
SportInjectedClub
user posted image

NiMi1718

ormaybe it wont the headers are spaced different
user posted image
SportInjectedClub
user posted image

sirx31

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (NiMi1718 @ Feb 8 2005, 03:04 PM)
ormaybe it wont the headers are spaced different

the picture there of the turbo manifold is not the one for the EW...it is the 88+ d series manifold but i believe that the EWs are the same but dont quote me on that...more research on that will do

rexsk8er

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: '86 CRX d16a1 hf (RIP), '86 civic hatch ls (DD)
    • Image Gallery
Well, from the looks of it to me thats a misinformation. It states that that header will fit all those modles, and the ew/d15a motors have a different flange pattern than the newer d modles. I think this has been over actually.

Not trying to bum you out or nothing, but Its best if you called them first before anyone orders em.

Sean

zackspeed

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 Civic SI racecar, and 86 Civic DX
Those are the SS-Autocrome manifolds that everyone talks so much crap about. But with proper suport brackets they will not crack and I think C-Piddy will tell you the same as they are running one on there car. Not a bad price at all for a turbo setup.
There's people that dont know and people that don't know they don't KNOW!!

rexsk8er

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
Those are the SS-Autocrome manifolds that everyone talks so much crap about. But with proper suport brackets they will not crack and I think C-Piddy will tell you the same as they are running one on there car. Not a bad price at all for a turbo setup.

Actually I heard that they used to have very crappy quaility control, but I read somewhere that they Improved vastly in the last couple years. Not sure if this is true or not, but in any case at that price it cant hurt to try.

Sean

Edited by rexsk8er, 08 February 2005 - 06:15 PM.

boman

• BOman
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 Honda CRX Si ZC-Turbo, 1999 Honda Civic Dx
    • Image Gallery
Ya, SSautochrome has a bad name, but for the price you can't go wrong...we haven't had
any trouble with our turbo mani, then again who knows what will happen. The header is definitely not the
best quality. If it cracks we'll just weld it back together, or by that time just weld up a new
equal lenght.. tongue.gif You guys will be the first to know.

I know to definitely stay away from SSautochrome turbo kits, I have read a handfull of threads
on HT that show in fine detail failed turbos. Some with sand in them , some that the housing
cracks inhalf... Also, there are different distributers for the ss kits, and most of the time do
not mention ssautochrome, so beware. (especially ebay)

JAKOB
biggrin.gif
1987 Honda CRX Si 1.6 DOHC TURBO (ZC)
1999 Honda Civic Dx

Sold:
1999 Civic SiR
2002 Lexus IS300

toxicshit

i know guys that run 16 psi on a B16a SSac manifold and it holds it for more than a year now!!

for that kind of money you cant complain, and if you brace the manifold and make some good brackets to hold the weight of the downpipe and turbo to the engine and use a flexible piece between downpipe and exhaust you will have a verry good header.

one thing to remember the Wastegate placement on most of the SSac headers is fucked up.. so use an internal wastegate or refab the mount for the wastegate.

Greetings Erwin

1. EDM 1986 Honda CRX AS - B16A1 engine - OBD1 - Turbo - Stitch welded chassis.
2. EDM 2001 Lexus IS300 3.0 RWD - Daily Drive
cr-x.jpg

rexsk8er

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
Sean,

We have only one D-Series turbo manifold.  If you know for sure that
the flanges are different, then it will not fit on the mentioned
application because it works with the other D-Series engines.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Thanks,
Jon, TurboCalculator

Well, I emailed them asking if thier header would fit the 1g crx, and that I know for a fact that the newer d series flang wont fit any 1g crx motor.

So apparently they only have one and it only fits the newer d series motors.

Sean

sirx31

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (rexsk8er @ Feb 8 2005, 10:39 PM)
Sean,

We have only one D-Series turbo manifold.  If you know for sure that
the flanges are different, then it will not fit on the mentioned
application because it works with the other D-Series engines.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Thanks,
Jon, TurboCalculator

Well, I emailed them asking if thier header would fit the 1g crx, and that I know for a fact that the newer d series flang wont fit any 1g crx motor.

So apparently they only have one and it only fits the newer d series motors.

Sean

have they sent any info back to you and if so if it is "bolts on to all D series" then im sure it has not been looked at for the 1st gens because i bought one a while back (not an SS autochrome) and it said the same thing fits all D series including the d15a2 EW and low and behold it did not fit the flange was for the 88+ D series like you mentioned...and i think like zackspeed said C-piddy is running one but on what?

sirx31

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
well i guess we are just stuck back to using the adaptor plate once again...sorry to get everyones hopes up...especially mine! i will be doing some more searching tho so lets cross our fingers...

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (sirx31 @ Feb 9 2005, 11:37 AM)
was for the 88+ D series like you mentioned...and i think like zackspeed said C-piddy is running one but on what?

A DOHC ZC.
"Toby, you are a thief of joy"

rexsk8er

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
Yeah, i felt bad because it would be kewl but i doubted they would have one specifically for our cars.

Oh well sad.gif

Sean

sirx31

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
dont worry rexsk8er im sure we'll find something...i know of a guy here (El Paso) that can make them for $350 any exhaust header that is i can just give him a patern for the flanges top and bottom and the depth and petrusion of them and there they are...but again the search will go on!