Dodge Srt-4

• You cannot reply to this topic
41 replies to this topic

sleeperbeauty

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1994 Honda Civic CX 1495 Mini-me approx 150 hp. 1994 Honda Civic EX. Stock block, DC Header, GReddy catback, AEM Intake. approx 128 hp.
i run mid 15's with a mini-me. biggrin.gif and i lied about the value for the money. i can dump the remainder of what i paid for my car of what it would cost to buy a srt-4 and run mid to low 12's, and its still a honda (not 1 g crx or 3 g civic.. sorry sad.gif ) but its a honda that would show class, reliability, and a shape that only resembles a mt dew bottle laid on its side that looks like a quart of oil...... i put way too much thought into that.
'TOHC i-VTEC/II' in the works... call me a ricer, but i will be the king.

I dont know what the hell you just said little kid, but you special.

12valvesnolimit?

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
srt 4`s are quick but their a dime a dozen .my daughter`s bf therealtime
tubocharged a 86 crx si last year it runs 8:40s with a rebuilt (ew4 12 valve 1.5l)
9 psi and stock internals, the only exception is a turbo cam. he just tubocharged
my 87 crx si 172k on the motor.with 8 psi d15a3 1.5 no intercooler i have $1000.00 in the whole car including the turbo it runs 8:7`s on slicks and 8:9`s on street tires and pump gas uses no oil plus i sprayed probably 15 10 lb bottles of no2 through it last year.
i don t think an srt 4 could handle that especially a 17 year old srt4. we have gotten a lot of bang for our buck ( 1g`s rock) and we didn`t spend 20 grand.lol

michael at ctr
-Mike
1987 CRX Si turbo d15a3 8:73 1/8 mile on pump gas 8psi 172k on motor
www.cheaptrixracing.com

duner

• What if there is no tomorrow? There wasn't one today!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
QUOTE (12valvesnolimit? @ Jul 3 2005, 11:36 PM)
.......it runs 8:40s.....it runs 8:7`s on slicks and 8:9`s on street tires......

?????? blink.gif do you mean 8.40's, 8.7's and 8.9's in the 1/8 mile?
Living the Air Force Dream!

Vouch Thread

mayhem019

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
I hate when people say "its just a neon" Thats like saying a taurus SHO is just a taurus. If youve ever been in a SHO you'd know they are A LOT more comfortable and a lot more powerful... I wouldnt drive one but they really are VERY different from a normal taurus. For example the DIFFERENT motor in the '89 SHO will commonly go over 200k miles if taken care of. Try doing that with the base '89 taurus....

Why the srt4 has the NEON badge on it I do not know. Probably because they thought they would sell more with NEON on it since the neons sold a lot. Too bad the SRT4 appeals to a completely different crowd so I dont know what they were thinking. Just because its built on the same chassis doesnt mean there is a rule saying they have to keep the name. They could have changed the name and then no one would care so much. If anyone still thinks its just a neon, just sit in the front seat for a minute and you'll know what Im talking about smile.gif
user posted image

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: your car if i find the keys
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (mayhem019 @ Jul 4 2005, 02:56 AM)
I hate when people say "its just a neon" Thats like saying a taurus SHO is just a taurus. If youve ever been in a SHO you'd know they are A LOT more comfortable and a lot more powerful... I wouldnt drive one but they really are VERY different from a normal taurus. For example the DIFFERENT motor in the '89 SHO will commonly go over 200k miles if taken care of. Try doing that with the base '89 taurus....

Why the srt4 has the NEON badge on it I do not know. Probably because they thought they would sell more with NEON on it since the neons sold a lot. Too bad the SRT4 appeals to a completely different crowd so I dont know what they were thinking. Just because its built on the same chassis doesnt mean there is a rule saying they have to keep the name. They could have changed the name and then no one would care so much. If anyone still thinks its just a neon, just sit in the front seat for a minute and you'll know what Im talking about  smile.gif

i can change my seats and engine in my crx and it will still be a crx....just a faster and more comfy crx

i already did that....didnt i? huh.gif
When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Dec 10 2008, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another loser who can not get traction. I feel sorry for him.

IM A LOSER!!! my car pulls harder when spinning than any "highly modified" EW

Team BUrnOUt founding member

c25ahatch

• track addict
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 84 Civic (rear engine c25a) 89 Taurus SHO (track car) 96 Dodge Ram
QUOTE (firstgencrxsi @ Jul 2 2005, 05:38 PM)
Am I the only true automotive enthusiast here? 

Agreed. Why is it that most people cannot appreciate a wide variety of cars? The 80's were a lackluster time to be a newer car enthusiast (I am being realistic here, even if it ruffles some feathers on this 80's dedicated board, and two of my three vehicles were built in the 80's). We are living in a golden age when it comes to automobile quality and performance, and a suprising number of people seem to take it for granted, or even worse find it offensive in some way. If I were willing to go into debt for car ownership the decision on which car I would purchase would be an agonizing one. Even the short list of likely candidates seems to go on for ever, and that list does include the SRT-4.

The SRT-4 is an exceptional value as a car generally and an even better bargain considering its extrodinary performance, both in a straight line and on the race track. For proof, refer to recent issues of GRM and there efforts with an SRT-4 in the auto-x arena. Additionally, the Neon was not exactly a slouch prior to the release of the SRT-4 version. The ACR version dominated in its respective class when new.

I guess the point is that I would like to see more people open their eyes to the possibilities out there. There is a strong chance that dramatically increasing fuel costs will yet again cut into the overall performance being offered in vehicles, let alone the inevitable replacement of the standard internal combustion engine with hybrids and alternate fueled vehicles. When that happens, we will all be reminiscing about the 'good ole days' just like our parents (and grandparents?) do about the performance cars of the 60's. Enjoy it while it lasts!

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (mayhem019 @ Jul 4 2005, 02:56 AM)
Thats like saying a taurus SHO is just a taurus. If youve ever been in a SHO you'd know they are A LOT more comfortable and a lot more powerful... I wouldnt drive one but they really are VERY different from a normal taurus. For example the DIFFERENT motor in the '89 SHO will commonly go over 200k miles if taken care of. Try doing that with the base '89 taurus....

Never been in an SHO, but I have been in a Taurus, This is not a valid comparison, The main problem with a lot of fords were never "mainly" engine power, Yeah the Taurus lacked it, as did most of the Front wheel automatics, of that time. The main problem with the taurus and most fords was the felt interrior, Which made it a pos in most peoples books, This was downright irritating, I had an 80 T'bird, same problem, lotta power But it didn't mean crap when you couldnt see where you were going due to the loose visor and the felt headliner droop.

Did they ever go to a vinyl headliner?
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

12valvesnolimit?

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (duner @ Jul 4 2005, 12:18 AM)
QUOTE (12valvesnolimit? @ Jul 3 2005, 11:36 PM)
.......it runs 8:40s.....it runs 8:7`s on slicks and 8:9`s on street tires......

?????? blink.gif do you mean 8.40's, 8.7's and 8.9's in the 1/8 mile?

Yes thats what i ment cut me some slack, I cant type for crap at 2 in the morn.
-Mike
1987 CRX Si turbo d15a3 8:73 1/8 mile on pump gas 8psi 172k on motor
www.cheaptrixracing.com

ChrisF-dude