Mugen / Houseman Widebody Pics

• You cannot reply to this topic
45 replies to this topic

Guest_-TJ_*

• Group: Guests
You are the envy of RPR now Phil!

DarkHand

When my friend got his new Civic I literally drooled on the engine by accident... You are very lucky that I'm not near your car... I'd dehydrate in seconds. biggrin.gif

Edited by DarkHand, 07 May 2004 - 09:14 AM.

DarkHand

jayburn

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 2005 Subaru FXT, 2000 ford focus, 88 F250, 84 chevette (ice), 85 CRX DX(asphalt)
WOW, who ever did that cage didn't skimp out at all. Looks quite similar to what I have in the garage only finished.

nmcrxracer

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 2002 S2000 Vortech/ 86 CRX si race car
Finally the pics are up! Thanks TJ!!! The cage was done locally by Coach's Chassis, who mainly does the dirt track oval cars. It is to SCCA specs. It is also a 2 seater, the other seat is in the garage while we sort out the electric system. I also wish the fuel cell mounted in the rear showed in the pics. I intend to road race this car during this season if we can get it done. I am going to add the same powdercoated alum panels to the doors where the panels are missing after the paint.

armegedon667

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
It seems as if there are some front bumper fitment issues. Are these inherant in the kit or is there something else going on?

eastsiderider

• Function over form!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 91 Civic Standard Hatch (B16 powered), 02 Civic EX, 03 Civic Si R.I.P.
    • Image Gallery
Man, I just got back from the bank with my money order for the remainder of what I owe....................these are the first pics i've seen of a repro..........

That looks HOT..................I gotta go to the post office now!
SportInjectedClub

teesrex_87

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: '87 crx dx (SOLD), '95 yamaha tw200, RIP-'87 accord lx
wink.gif oh soooo jealouz!!!! can't wait to see final pics....

criticalmass

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 2006 Ridgeline
niiiiicccceeee...

love that colorado landscape too... wow... stark... but cool...

you should check the SCCA specs on those rear supports for the main hoop that go to the floor/rear deck versus the shock towers... I believe they cannot have a bend in them-- hard to tell from the photos, but it looks like they bend and go down to the floor.... I had an old bolt-in Kirk cage in my old ITA car like that and the tech guys wouldn't let me keep the rear bars that way... they made me cut them out and put in straight ones. I put them to the rear shock towers and incorporated a rear strut tower connector between them. sweet cage otherwise.

good luck...

Kenn W.

Aren D.

• Save the pepper, save the world.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1985 CRX SI/2003 Frontier SC/2006 Jetta TDI/2014 Civic SI
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Thats nice I love the kit, for some reason I thought the kit was like on those race cars with the huge fenders but those are sick, Houseman you guys did a great job.

Edited by Aren D., 07 May 2004 - 11:12 AM.

nmcrxracer

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Actually I am in Rio Rancho, New Mexico. It is a suburb of Albuq., I am not going to be running in any SCCA events, but the builder says it is right out of the specs., but who knows. If it is incorrect, and I ever run SCCA, easy fix. I will get some more pics as we finish the interior and then once it is running, paint!

Everyones opinion: Paint it solid black like it came from the factory...
or...add a stripe down the middle or somewhere.???
if so, what color???

I like the idea of all black and then add the alum. yellow powdercoated metal you see on the inside of the door to the outside door panels. Rivit it on.

Can't wait to get it running and run the dyno's-it is a REALLY built all motor b18. Also has a Quaife LSD and lot's of great parts!

Fit on front bumper: I think the factory reinforcements for the Ft. bumper may be diff on 86-87 models. The kit may be set for either non-US bumpers or 84-85 cars. It is a super easy fix-I will repost pics after modifications.

Edited by nmcrxracer, 07 May 2004 - 11:29 AM.

87ClubRed

• Soon it'll scream...for now, just a hum...
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: '07 Mazda 3 GT / 87 CRX Si (Going under the knife)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Man, that looks GREAT!! And I had just put the dream away of getting that kit...now you've revived it, knowing the repo looks that good.

Everyones opinion: Paint it solid black like it came from the factory...
or...add a stripe down the middle or somewhere.???
if so, what color???

Personally, Charcol grey. No stripe. Clean one colour. That's what I want mine anyway... ph34r.gif

Very nice work, can't wait to see it finished!

kerensky

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: 86 CRX Si
How much did the kit run you? and how was the install?

--Sean

nmcrxracer

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
It's a big install. I have a friend with a fabrication and body shop that did the install.

Thanks everyone for the positve comments on my CRX!!!

ol'skoolrex_PH

• Street Racer
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 Ballade CRX, 87 CRX Si, 95 Civic
wow that is really cute!! (sorry cool!).. makes me not want to sell my CRX anymore sad.gif

as for the paint - if it were MY car.. shiny black paint with a gold stripe running diagonally fron the back of the front wheel to the top where the hatch starts - mugen style, yet unique

either that or paint is pink

87zc1crx

• slowpokin'
  • PipPip
    • Drives: '89 Nissan S12 turbo
    • Image Gallery
Awesome...just awesome!
the 1g crx...a classic to be,cherish it and it'll love you forever.