87 Si Civc

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

Daks87SICivic

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 Civic SI
so i got a 87 Si i messsed up the engine so im doin a swap my buddy says he'll give me his d15b2 it might be a d15b1 tho im not sure but shouldnt both of them just bolt right in and everything? im just wondering what all ill need for the swap, can i use my SI 5 speed unsted of the other one

also i got in a car accident so my front end is kinda bent in i was wonderin if it would semi easy to put an ef front end in insted of replace the 87 one cause it alot easier to find ef stuff but i wasnt sure i know im gunna have to cut and weld and stuff but i was just wondering im pretty new to the whole civic scene but i got friends who can help do whatever i need too

any infomation will help

Thank you
-dakota

ibcnya

• HNFTuning
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: his girlfriend crazy
QUOTE (Daks87SICivic @ Dec 12 2008, 05:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so i got a 87 Si i messsed up the engine so im doin a swap my buddy says he'll give me his d15b2 it might be a d15b1 tho im not sure but shouldnt both of them just bolt right in and everything? im just wondering what all ill need for the swap, can i use my SI 5 speed unsted of the other one

also i got in a car accident so my front end is kinda bent in i was wonderin if it would semi easy to put an ef front end in insted of replace the 87 one cause it alot easier to find ef stuff but i wasnt sure i know im gunna have to cut and weld and stuff but i was just wondering im pretty new to the whole civic scene but i got friends who can help do whatever i need too

any infomation will help

Thank you
-dakota

One thread is plenty enough for a solid answer, you will get one if you give it time, beisdes all the info youre after in at the top of the swaps thread in the swaps forum.... search D16z6

Daks87SICivic

• Granny
  • Pip
QUOTE (ibcnya @ Dec 12 2008, 03:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One thread is plenty enough for a solid answer, you will get one if you give it time, beisdes all the info youre after in at the top of the swaps thread in the swaps forum.... search D16z6

i know i just put the first one in the wrong section cause im new at this site so i reposted it where its suppost to be

Maine_Honda_Racer

• Can't stay off the race track!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1993 Civic EX Track Car, 1987 Crx Si Ice Racer, 1990 CRX Si Track Car, 2004 Dodge Durango
Nothing in the EF front end will line up, that would take some serious fabrication. Hardly seems worth it.....as noted, you can swap that motor in, but its a pain in the butt.

Ben

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Feb 28 2010, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In fact, I rock out an RPR decal!

Daks87SICivic

• Granny
  • Pip
bump