Is This A 3g Cluster?

• You cannot reply to this topic
20 replies to this topic

kakabox

• Turd Polisher
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: from point 'A' to point 'B' daily.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Oh, come on Jerry...!

When I first saw the title of the thread I was automatically thinking "Cluster F@#&" 3g Civics and was expecting to see a pic of a "Riced Out" 3g Civic! laugh.gif ...that or pics of the Kakabox! blink.gif

wink.gif

strudel

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 2009 AUDI TT 3.2L, Project Teg powered Austin Mini Van
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (kakabox @ Dec 18 2008, 12:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Oh, come on Jerry...!

When I first saw the title of the thread I was automatically thinking "Cluster F@#&" 3g Civics and was expecting to see a pic of a "Riced Out" 3g Civic! laugh.gif ...that or pics of the Kakabox! blink.gif

wink.gif

That's all I need is another car to"Cluster F@#&" up and more projects that never get done. laugh.gif My problem is jumping from one little project to another and so and so on and never really getting anything done! Retirement does that to you. biggrin.gif You really don't have to do anything whatsoever and still waste all your time.

Next up is to actually finish the brake cables for the disc swap. After possibly having to help renovate my daughter's newly bought old condo in need of some TLC. Firstgencrx has built me a little part that I can shorten the cables to the proper length. On the "to do" list. It's amazing how much one actually uses the E-brake especially for fun in the snow. JS

If you want one of these Logos send me a PM

aan.jpg

Austin Mini Van with DOHC Honda HP
http://www.angelfire.com/droid/strudel
Honda reliability and power combined with Mini cachet and style.

kakabox

• Turd Polisher
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: from point 'A' to point 'B' daily.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (strudel @ Dec 18 2008, 12:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Firstgencrx has built me a little part that I can shorten the cables to the proper length. On the "to do" list. It's amazing how much one actually uses the E-brake especially for fun in the snow. JS

Nice...however, how come you just didn't switch the sides where the cables enter the car (at the exhaust tunnel). The lhs cable mounts to rhs and vise versa...like I show in the Kakabox build:

http://www.redpepper...e...st&p=283958

Switching sides takes up the extra slack. The ebrake still functions as before after performing the switch. No additional parts are required. It works on 1g CRX's too...I did the very same mod on my '87 CRX Si ~15 yrs ago.

strudel

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
Oh I'm well aware of your simple solution to the problem. I guess it was because when I was crawling around under the car I could not get my heat shield out and got frustrated. I didn't have the luxury of having the exhaust removed. Besides, it will not be anything very difficult and it was worth a try. If it doesn't pan out nothing major lost but some inspiration time. The other factor to me was it appeared that they would be in the way of the exhaust somewhat. Maybe it is just the way mine is installed. Now, if I only could get to use the hoist at the son in law's shop life would be much less stressful.

Just had the wonderful experience of having a gasket let go on the oil cooler of my DD and lost all the oil within a few blocks of the house. Due to the cold weather it took the tow truck 5 hours later to get there and tow it to the shop. I now have an oil slick on my driveway since I didn't notice it as I backed out looking in the rear and then driving off. Will be fun to remove in the spring after the snow is gone. Oh yeah, you guys don't get that stuff do you. Oh wait, snow in Vegas and Seattle too. tongue.gif Go build a snowman! JS

aan.jpg

ADDvanced

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86 Civic Si, 90 Civic Si, 00 Insight 5spd, 77 Porsche 911s, 95 Audi S6 Avant, 99 Astro

Really wish the photos worked in this, anyone have any photos of the different clusters?

I build cool shit  :ph34r:

https://www.youtube.com/addvanced

strudel

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery

Really wish the photos worked in this, anyone have any photos of the different clusters?

What exactly are you looking for? Info on wiring or just the look of the cluster?

aan.jpg