• You cannot reply to this topic
16 replies to this topic

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: your car if i find the keys
    • Image Gallery
just checking to see what you guys think its worth. i might be looking to let it go.

the swap is finished and running beautiful
its getting new rear tires and brake cylindars today

im willing to conciter decent offers.

Edited by crxls, 07 October 2004 - 01:29 PM.

When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Dec 10 2008, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another loser who can not get traction. I feel sorry for him.

IM A LOSER!!! my car pulls harder when spinning than any "highly modified" EW

Team BUrnOUt founding member

demon2180

but why
user posted imageshift light offuser posted imageshift light on heheh
user posted imageSportInjectedClub

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (demon2180 @ Oct 7 2004, 01:32 PM)
but why

because it just seems like everyone wants me to kiss thier ass for parts and to get it to pass inspection. it seems like by the time im done kissing everyones ass they are turning around with thier zipper down wanting more. im just tired of the frustration. seems like there's more frustration now that the swap is finished and its in 99% perfect running condition.

not to mention, it'll probably get me into more trouble than its worth.

Edited by crxls, 07 October 2004 - 01:38 PM.

When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

DarkHand

QUOTE (crxls @ Oct 7 2004, 12:36 PM)
QUOTE (demon2180 @ Oct 7 2004, 01:32 PM)
but why

because it just seems like everyone wants me to kiss thier ass for parts and to get it to pass inspection. it seems like by the time im done kissing everyones ass they are turning around with thier zipper down wanting more. im just tired of the frustration. seems like there's more frustration now that the swap is finished and its in 99% perfect running condition.

not to mention, it'll probably get me into more trouble than its worth.

Everyone goes through those feelings at one point or another during their project... They can't take it anymore and just want to get rid of it and be done with it. Trust me, stick it out and you'll be glad you did. smile.gif
DarkHand

demon2180

yeah man al;l the time and money you put into it.well it is what you would want to it is your choice choose wisely.you might be able to pull 2000 bucks for it maybe 2500.all depending on persion looking at it
user posted imageshift light offuser posted imageshift light on heheh
user posted imageSportInjectedClub

1swift1500s

• was lost, but now I'm found
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: Own: (2) 87 crx Si's and 99 Silverado Z71
    • Image Gallery
post swap blues... sad.gif

is it really worth it to let all the sweat and time just drive away with (most likely) some unappreciative young owner?

1swift1500s<-------- can hear it now... "hey daddy, I want this crx, it has a B18 in it, can I please?" ... "it would make a good 16th b-day present son" blink.gif

edit: still learning to spell biggrin.gif

Pete

Edited by 1swift1500s, 07 October 2004 - 02:15 PM.

87 Teg... now in parts... new Si for swap
user posted image

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (1swift1500s @ Oct 7 2004, 02:14 PM)
post swap blues... sad.gif

is it really worth it to let all the sweat and time just drive away with (most likely) some unappreciative young owner?

1swift1500s<-------- can hear it now... "hey daddy, I want this crx, it has a B18 in it, can I please?" ... "it would make a good 16th b-day present son" blink.gif

edit: still learning to spell biggrin.gif

Pete

oh no, i would never let this car into the hands of a teenager. i would let it sit first. an unexperienced driver wouldnt make it 10 miles before killing themselves or someone else in this car. if a young unexperienced driver wanted to buy this car i would sell it without a title that way it would have to be a track only car. i just wouldnt want to feel responsible for carelessly letting someone injure themself or another person.

nothing personal toward the younger/less experienced people on the board. i have been there before also and i know what would have happened with this car in my hands 8 years ago, wouldnt have been good.

zackspeed

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86 Civic SI racecar, and 86 Civic DX
Dude you are to close to get rid of it now. Just finish it! Do you still want pics of that car I have?
There's people that dont know and people that don't know they don't KNOW!!

ChrisF-dude

• Powered by Natural Gas
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Location:Maryland, United States of America, Earth, Terran System, Milky Way 21158
    • Drives: 85 CRX Si (ZC), 2011 Toyota Camry
    • Image Gallery
I would think getting rid of it not would be like Gilligan untying the mooring on the Minnow, only to have it float away from the island after the professror fixed it. I say enjoy the fruits of your labor. A CRX with a B18 is not that common around here. Think of driving around spanking newer performance cars with a "HF". wink.gif

Once a woman is introduced to Colonel Angus, she'll settle for nothing less.
chrisfpixelcrx.jpgSiemblem.jpg

Ghost-One

• the only Moderator who can fight MONSTERS
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
there is a scale were getting into trouble is worth more than getting out of trouble f i have time ill make it

like breaking a window sure you have to replace a window butthe pure joy of the sound of breaking glass is your reward

Edited by Ghost-One, 07 October 2004 - 06:01 PM.

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (zackspeed @ Oct 7 2004, 05:48 PM)
Dude you are to close to get rid of it now. Just finish it! Do you still want pics of that car I have?

the car is finished, inspection stations are just bitching and moaning about little shit, for example, statel law requires tires to have 2/32 of tread or some shit like that, the guy said "these tires look like they arent gonna pass, i'll get the meter and check them since thier so close" he goes and gets the gauge/meter thing to check them and the measurements were 3/32 (or whatever thier measurements are) and then he says "well, the tires are at 3 but i want them changed to a better tire anyway since we both know what this car is going to be used for". now WTF do you call this...... 2 is fucking legal requirement, why the fuck do i have to change tires that measure 3? i mean, they are just picking at the car so bad, ripping it apart to find shit, its a joke. i take my accord (stock daily driver) to get inspected with questionable brake pads and tires and the guy just says "im gonna pass it but you have to promise to change the brakes and tires sometime soon". another reason was wheel cylindars were bad (i never had brake problems or the rear drum off) but granted, they were bad so i cant bitch about that. so he says "i want the brake shoes changed also", they look fucking brand new, just need the brake fluid cleaned off, but no, he wants them changed. then you got reverse lights (i did forget to hook them up so thats my fault) but the law doesnt even require them to work or be there (if you dont have reverse lights you have to use hazard lights while backing up...... they work). then you got the cv boot clamps. i bought them at advanced auto and they are meant for cv boots but he dont like how thier crimped (he wants them crimped with the "special tool" not channel locks). the problem basically is that if you have a daily driver they let shit slide but if you have a "toy" to play with they will pick it apart and if they dont find something wrong they will make something up.

sorry guys, i guess im just venting, feel free to disreguard this particular post.

zack, yes im still interrested in pics, thanks

Edited by crxls, 07 October 2004 - 06:12 PM.

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (ChrisF-dude @ Oct 7 2004, 05:57 PM)
A CRX with a B18 is not that common around here. Think of driving around spanking newer performance cars with a "HF". wink.gif

dude, i have had the car out a few times ph34r.gif . you wouldnt believe the look on peoples faces when they see whats under the hood (looks a lot like wacko.gif ohmy.gif )) the feeling is priceless

ChrisF-dude