The Spring Kick Off In Bakersfield

• You cannot reply to this topic
55 replies to this topic

WOLFCRX

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 crx si, 87 crx si and 84 crx(Straman Spyder), 91 Chevy silverado, 87 lynx 5th wheel
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
As per Rinnaye's suggestion the meet has been renamed with, well the name rinnaye came up with.

3rd annual Spring Kick Off in Bakersfield meet

Saturday April 25th Noon

I supply:
Nacho's
Sodas
fixings
and Location

This year my wife made an executive decision that we will be switching from hot dogs to nacho's, not just chips and cheese but also chili and all the other nacho topping's.

I will need some sort of head count so I know haw much food will be needed and what I will need people to bring.

You are welcome to bring any more of the above or any other dishes you like. I am hoping that by 3ish we can all cruise down the road to the park(it's huge) for a real nice group photo shoot so do not forget your cameras. Last year was a great success so this year I plan on not running out of food, last year the extra food got lost on the way here(Justin) laugh.gif . I will have even more parking this year as I have sold the horse, also it is a little earlier this year to avoid the heat.

The park and lake are just down the road and is 100's of acres in size so we can get a good group shot.

It would be a good idea to bring a chair if possible, I have about 8-10 chairs outside but we may need more.

I also have a rv if any of you are driving a great distance and need a place to crash for the night, or lots of grass if you want to tent it.

Doug
RPR Convertible club:

84 Straman project build

wills85

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 85 civic
thatd be cool. i live in lancaster and interested in showing up.... also my 3rd gen is a pile(i take that back..work in progress) but itd be cool to meet others who share similiar interest in these cars

Edited by wills85, 13 January 2009 - 03:33 AM.

GLHS988

• Spyder-Man
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1984 CRX Spyder, 1987 Shelby GLHS, 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT
I'll try my best to be there. It will be great if we can get the three Stramans together again.

It's going to be a busy car weekend. Sunday, 4/26 is Pacific Coast Dream Machines in Half Moon Bay. I am supposed to put the Straman next to my friend's Toyota MR-S.
http://www.miramarev.../dreammachines/

Warren
A WarrenTee is better than a guarantee. This WarrenTee is for life.

"I never thought about dying. The day you were born, it was already written down the day you're gonna check out. Now, I'm not gonna throw myself under a truck, but I'm not gonna worry about when I die. I'm ready to move on when that day comes." - Carroll Shelby (January 11, 1923 - May 10, 2012)

http://karakullake.b...eet-photos.html

shahriar35

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 95 accord lx wagon, CRX 87 DX w/ a D16a1
    Garage View Garage
aww why a sat sad.gif. Make it a sunday sad.gif

1995 Accord LX Wagon
1987 CRX DX with a d16a1 Blacktop

Madkore

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1984 Honda Civic Si - For smiles and laughs, Original Owner, 1966 Ford Mustang - 5 speed trans, 4 wheel disks, 1968 Ford F250 - Big Ugly
    • Image Gallery
I'll let Jeff and Jan know.........

Expect Aero and I.
You're Mad!

Well thank God for that, 'cause if I wasn't, this would probably have never worked.

Captain Jack Sparrow

'85-SI

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: '85 CRX SI, '98 Mercedes SL500, '99 body dropped Tacoma, '08 Husqvarna SM610
    • Image Gallery
I'd like to meet some of you other people on here so I will try to make it, hopefully the beast is all one color by then...

wills85

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 85 civic
definately attending! my hatch is a work in progress haha but id like to meet some socal members and see some nice 3gs/1gs

importzero

add me to the list doug finally got the turbo setup cant wait to take it over there to the meet
turbo zc !!!!!!

redredrex

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86 CRX Si
Im in the middle of a swap on the crx can I still attend the meet if I don't bring it??

QUOTE (WOLFCRX @ Jan 12 2009, 11:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
3rd annual RPR Centeral/SoCal Bakersfield meet

Saturday April 25th Noon
This sounds good the only thing is my crx is on jackstands getting a heart transplant. can I still attend the meet even if I dont bring my rex??
I supply:
Hotdogs
Sodas
fixings
and Location

You are welcome to bring any more of the above or any other dishes you like. I am hoping that by 3ish we can all cruse down the road to the park(it's huge) for a real nice group photo shoot so do not forget your cameras. Last year was a great success so this year I plan on not running out of hotdogs, last year they got lost on the way here(Justin) laugh.gif . I will have even more parking this year as I have sold the horse, also it is a little earlier this year to avoid the heat.

I will post more details as I remember them.

Doug

WOLFCRX

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 crx si, 87 crx si and 84 crx(Straman Spyder), 91 Chevy silverado, 87 lynx 5th wheel
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Absolutely, last year only about half the people brought there 1g or 3g.

Doug
RPR Convertible club:

84 Straman project build

1GEN_SI86

• Homina Homina HOMINA!!!! POW right in the kisser
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 Honda Civic CRX SI
    Garage View Garage
well depending on how tings go closer to the date I might be down from sacramento to this annual meet so I can meet some RPR's

WOLFCRX

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (1GEN_SI86 @ Feb 14 2009, 03:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well depending on how tings go closer to the date I might be down from sacramento to this annual meet so I can meet some RPR's

If needed I do have a rv trailer if some people need or want to spend the night before the drive home, like yourself it may be a ling drive. Last year someone left at 10pm to drive home to the Sacramento area, that's a long drive after a long day.

Doug
RPR Convertible club:

84 Straman project build

1GEN_SI86

• Homina Homina HOMINA!!!! POW right in the kisser
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 Honda Civic CRX SI
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (WOLFCRX @ Feb 14 2009, 05:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If needed I do have a rv trailer if some people need or want to spend the night before the drive home, like yourself it may be a ling drive. Last year someone left at 10pm to drive home to the Sacramento area, that's a long drive after a long day.

Doug

Thank you for that info. Once we get closer to the date I will provide you with more info!

cbstdscott

• Swap in HF drums, check your cam timing
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si, '07 Civic Si Sedan, '15 Scion FRS
    • Image Gallery
Me and the Money Pit will be there.

Scott
Posted Image

Form Follows Function

duckorbleed

• . . .it's only illegal if you get caught. . .
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 99 honda civic ex coupe 5speed; 2013 Chevy Cruze
    • Image Gallery
i'll be there; tryin my best to be there in my rex, i dont see why not. . .

. . . .you can't piss on what you can't catch. . . .