My Plan

• You cannot reply to this topic
114 replies to this topic

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I hope not to jinx it by posting, but I, hopefully, will be aquiring a sedan for relatively cheap this weekend. Its on ebay, (don't bid on it) and relatively close to my house.

My plan is to first get it running. Its an automatic, and from what I have seen there isn't much wrote up on what to do with an automatic. The only upside is the fairly decent interior.

After I get it running, My plan is to swap the head for an Si, now instead of keeping it carbed I want to yank all the vac stuff and make it FI, which means that I need a fuel pump and the corresponding wiring for the enginebay and the leads for the computer and the fuel pump. But now after seeing this post, I want to utilize the d16a1 automatic ITB and ECU.

Now if my hypothesis is correct, it should pass smog and, Run. If it does work it will make one heck of a daily driver and write-up. But if it doesn't then I have one heck of a story to tell. laugh.gif
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

OVNi_CIVIC

• fear me...fear the self...
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 85 Wagon AWD, 86 CRX, 01 EM2, 04 ES1, 93 civic hatch
    • Image Gallery
no no autOO excl.gif

"Tie two birds together, even though they have four wings they cannot fly"---Circle of Iron
MySpace.......... www.myspace.com/kored

Wagovan-Clan Member

JEFFtheJ00la

• i was the first one to rent this monte, lol
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86crx soon to be b20b, 96Grand am sedan(9.22 1/8th), 79Trans am 403 to 350 in prog. , 03Dakota DD, 86 civic sedan si swap dd
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
well you know who to call when you need it transported. the sears in the shopping center that i work rents trailors and dolly's now...

SportInjectedClubvisit my myspace SAHCR Member

if your offended by anything i post, you need to seriously get a life

badpenny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Well this stinks mad.gif I emailed the guy and let him know when I was wanting to pick it up. (5 days ago) mad.gif No response, and the add said,buyer must make all arrangements for shipping and monies collected immediatly at auctions end. mad.gif Not to happy about this I have a dolly rented and a 6 hour window to collect and I feel he is dicking me around again. mad.gif
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

hoopty dx

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86 Civic, 92 civic, 06 taco
    • Image Gallery
you should go to his place and jack that sh!t
QUOTE (Ghost-One @ Jun 22 2004, 06:08 PM)
They got that engine out withtheir mighty facial hair cant you see

Team BUrnOUt Member # 3

OVNi_CIVIC

• PipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
humm...that sux.. al the more reason to get one with a manual tranny laugh.gif

"Tie two birds together, even though they have four wings they cannot fly"---Circle of Iron

Wagovan-Clan Member

badpenny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Got annoyed and became a stalker and called everyone that he listed as a reference in his forsale post and said "HEY, I won the bid and he ain't talkin, WTF." The tow guy who was mentioned was PO'ed that his name and number even showed up on the FS post. He was more than happy to give me the info. I now go to pick it up in 3 hours. rolleyes.gif

badpenny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
This is now my official build posting.

Just got back and man. The pics in my gallery will be updated. The interior is one of the cleanest I have ever seen. The vinyl roof liner will need replacing due to it setting for the last 3 summers.

My plan is to make it a LXi. Theoretically it can be done. As soon as I get the adapter plates I am set.

Initial inspection of the car has not tossed any red flags (yet, I am still inspecting it) I am out to make this one heck of a people hauler. Eventually.

Hey Nivek, do you want a center piece that says civic on it. I'll trade you for yours. Mine has no chips or signs of heat stress.

1986CREX

• 4x4Mech
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1982 Jeep CJ-5: 4.2L I6, 4-speed, lifted, 31"x10.50" Goodyear Wrangler AT/D2's; 1986 CRX (former SCCA car)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Do er up badpenny... you got my support and if I lived in that area I'd be more than happy to loan ya an extra pair of hands n arms. Wait! When I move to Houston in Dec. I'll be about 4 hours away. I COULD lend you those arms n hands after all. As long as you'll do the same for me when the '86 gets it's facelift biggrin.gif
QUOTE(Omega Mugen @ Sep 18 2005, 08:29 PM)
...I have a bung, so all we need is a bunghole and were in business....

View Post

user posted image

badpenny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (1986CREX @ Sep 18 2005, 04:04 PM)
Do er up badpenny... you got my support and if I lived in that area I'd be more than happy to loan ya an extra pair of hands n arms. Wait! When I move to Houston in Dec. I'll be about 4 hours away. I COULD lend you those arms n hands after all. As long as you'll do the same for me when the '86 gets it's facelift biggrin.gif

Hell yeah bro. ya got it. We might have to have a Centerville meet or sumthn for all the Texas members. Why cuz its centrally located exept for OVNI. Even though he lives near an airport that he can fly Southwest for cheap and non stop to any place in texas.

1986CREX

• 4x4Mech
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1982 Jeep CJ-5: 4.2L I6, 4-speed, lifted, 31"x10.50" Goodyear Wrangler AT/D2's; 1986 CRX (former SCCA car)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I'm really excited about moving out there. UTI, a Texan girl, away from this place of vast nothingness, and now BADPENNY?! hell yea... I was made for Texas, but can Texas handle me?

Hey Badpenny if you use MSN or Yahoo hit me up.
Y!: jonathan_king_of_n0where
MSN: [email protected]

ok I'll stop whoring your build thread
QUOTE(Omega Mugen @ Sep 18 2005, 08:29 PM)
...I have a bung, so all we need is a bunghole and were in business....

View Post

user posted image

OVNi_CIVIC

• PipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (badpenny @ Sep 18 2005, 04:07 PM)
We might have to have a Centerville meet or sumthn for all the Texas members.  Why cuz its centrally located exept for OVNI.  Even though he lives near an airport that he can fly Southwest for cheap and non stop to any place in texas.

dry.gif dry.gif

laugh.gif

hey pay for my airfair rolleyes.gif

Wagovan-Clan Member

badpenny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (OVNi_CIVIC @ Sep 18 2005, 09:45 PM)
QUOTE (badpenny @ Sep 18 2005, 04:07 PM)
We might have to have a Centerville meet or sumthn for all the Texas members.  Why cuz its centrally located exept for OVNI.  Even though he lives near an airport that he can fly Southwest for cheap and non stop to any place in texas.

dry.gif dry.gif

laugh.gif

hey pay for my airfair rolleyes.gif

I will start a group buy. "The OVNI needs to find a better bathroom across Texas" charity and you could start a write up on everywhere you fly and the people you meet and any spotting of ............. Bah. Forget it. Youre probably too busy to leave your 3 jobs and the car projects to bother. laugh.gif

OVNi_CIVIC

• PipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
hahahaha
so true, but now that im working in the school district i have paid vacations biggrin.gif maybe a meet over winter break....

where's the build update!

Wagovan-Clan Member

badpenny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Yesterday I got up, the wife went to work and asked me to take care of some stuff. This made me so MAD, I couldn't go back to sleep. So I put like 4 hours into it yesterday between 10am and 2pm (I work nights)

I wanted to see if it had any front end damage due to the painted bumper I was suspicious.

The bad: 6lbs of leaves in the engine bay.(still haven't gotten all of them out) Radiator needs to be flushed (no cap) I am going to pull and clean just about everything that needs maintenance. Wiring AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH blink.gif I don't know what they thought they were doing but UGGGHHHH. No breather cap. No oil cap. Found a 3inch long black fuzzy caterpillar, sad.gif Parts of a squirrel sad.gif Carb, and intake is dismantled, missing nuts.

The front end: Has slight frame damage in core support (typical of hitting a barricade with a bumper at 2 mph) the passenger side of the core support is pushed out maybe half an inch. The drivers side is pushed in at the base of the core support about as much, there is a small wrinkle in the sheet metal.

I will take pics of these to show how I correct it. Unfortunatly before I got to working on it I could not find my camera. Thus the reason I am just now posting about it.

The bumper. was being held on by 2 large bolts on the fenders. Painted to match the painted bumper. mad.gif Gotta get a new one. The corners are bad. the passengers is good but the drivers is busted. Blinkers need to be replaced, I am going to suck it up and purchase a set of clears off ebay. The head lamps are good except the chrome on the passengers side had been replaced with RTV sealant and had snapped. The drivers side is good though.

Thats about it. I slept all day today and didn't get out there. As soon as I get a couple of days off I will put in a lot more time on it. But as it appears this week I am pulling doubles at work and wont get around to it till next weekend.

I will probably have enough time to just clean out the engine bay.