1986_crx_si

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si
    Garage View Garage
Alright i give up.

here's my darn ghost story lol.

I lived in a house here in SC for 14 years. The lady who owned the house went to school with my great great grandmother (born 1907.) Her name was Mrs. Wilson. Her husband and her lived in that house for many years, but had a separate dwelling in Columbia. It was a two story house, built in the 40's, and was an apartment-house. Basically, there were laws at the time that you could not build an apartment, so they built houses where the up and downstairs were separate, except for one door (which locked on either side so the floors were technically separate, thus allowing multiple tenants to pay rent.) They eventually moved to Columbia permanently, but would frequent their house on the Isle of Palms in Charleston. We lived in the bottom part of that house, and I swear, her husband must have died in the upstairs part. 90% of the time the upstairs apartment was empty, only used when Mrs. Wilson's nieces and nephews (she had no kids) would visit a few week during the summer. On such empty nights, there would be audible footsteps coming from upstairs. Too loud to be anything other than a full grown man. Multiple times my father and I loaded up a couple of shotguns and went upstairs (we had the keys as we would maintain the upstairs when not in use) looking for thieves, but there was no-one. It used to scare me awake at night, and thinking about it still gives me the creeps sometimes ph34r.gif

-Aaron
5 reasons cars are better than women

5) You can rub and wax a car in your driveway and not get arrested
4) Car's don't get mad at you for no reason every 28 days
3) You can't put a bumper sticker that says "How's my driving? Dial 1-800- EAT-S*IT!" on a woman.
2) You can sell your car to a complete stranger and nobody will get mad at you
1) Women can't go 200 miles per hour.

Stikiller

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: 2006 hawkeye wrx, 1990 240sx, 1986 civic si
I really dnt understand this whole ghost story thing lol

bigdeez

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (Stikiller @ Nov 21 2010, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really dnt understand this whole ghost story thing lol

Especially his last post was Last Seen: 31st August 2009

monkeey

• Banana Powered Monkey
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 2007 Honda Fit Sport, 1987 Honda Civic Wagon RT4WD
    • Image Gallery
here goes my story !

I had just moved to Austin,Tx . It was my first
night in my house.It was the middle of the night, sound
asleep, I suddenly awoke and there was a long misshaped face (2 eyes,
long funny nose, large mouth) right in front of my face, about 4 inches
away. When the ghost saw my eyes open, his eyes got real large with a
look of complete and udder surprise, his mouth opened as if to scream,
and instantly disappeared. I just laid there for a long time in shock
and wondering what the funk I just saw. The other ghost I saw was also at night.
I couldn't sleep so I reviewed in my mind all of the strange things I
have seen and experienced in my life. This took a little while and when
I opened my eyes (I was laying on my stomach with my head turned to the
side) right in front of my face only a couple of inches away was a
ghost . Again, all he was, was a face - black, round, with large bumps
all over. He looked at me for a full minute, then took a skinny arm with
a gloved hand, four fingers (looked cartoonist) and started at the top
of his head and slowly brought it down in front of his face and as he
did this, he slowly disappeared. ohmy.gif

meh... tongue.gif

metal_guitar76

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 89 Honda civic, fuel injected
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (OniLeo @ Jun 21 2005, 03:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well to try and follow the broad rules wink.gif I will give ghost one a ghost story, well im not a good writer and well i dont know any ghost stories. but this is a story about ghosts and it is said to be true... blink.gif judt thought it would be funny for all to see, and to give you the feeling of what i have to put up with up here..

A visiting professor at the University of Montana is giving a seminar on the supernatural.

To get a feel for his audience, he asks, “How many people here believe in ghosts?”

About 90 students raise their hands.
“Well that's a good start,” says the professor, “Out of those of you who believe in ghosts, do any of you think you've ever seen a ghost?”

About 40 students raise their hands.

“That's really good,” continues the professor, “I'm really glad you take this seriously. Has anyone here ever talked to a ghost?”

15 students raise their hands.

“That's a great response,” remarks the impressed professor, “has anyone here ever touched a ghost?”

Three students raise their hands.

“That's fantastic. But let me ask you one question further... Have any of you ever made love to a ghost?” asks the professor.

One student in the back raises his hand.

The professor is astonished.

He takes off glasses, takes a step back, and says, “Son, all the years I've been giving this lecture, no one has ever claimed to have slept with a ghost. You've got to come up here and tell us about your experience.”

The redneck student replies with a nod and begins to make his way up to the podium.

The professor asks, “Well, tell us what it's like to have sex with a ghost.”

The student replies, “Ghost?!?” Dang, I thought you said ‘goats.’

well hope you enjoyed that and dear god get me out of this state laugh.gif people like that are more commom here then you would think... dry.gif

there were weird movies in the 80's where some really hot chick is really a ghost and she suduces some guy for some weird reason (brunnette, curly hair? lol) too weird for me but I have seen ghosts when I was younger and have felt ghosts present (although I could not see them) kinda thing......c'mon though....there's got to be more to the universe than just OUR dimension right? our eyes only see less than 10 percent of whats really out there, ya know? i.e. dark matter, magnetic power, gravity, etc......

Driving down the road, stereo cranked !!!

metal_guitar76

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 89 Honda civic, fuel injected
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (1986_crx_si @ Nov 4 2010, 02:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Alright i give up.

here's my darn ghost story lol.

I lived in a house here in SC for 14 years. The lady who owned the house went to school with my great great grandmother (born 1907.) Her name was Mrs. Wilson. Her husband and her lived in that house for many years, but had a separate dwelling in Columbia. It was a two story house, built in the 40's, and was an apartment-house. Basically, there were laws at the time that you could not build an apartment, so they built houses where the up and downstairs were separate, except for one door (which locked on either side so the floors were technically separate, thus allowing multiple tenants to pay rent.) They eventually moved to Columbia permanently, but would frequent their house on the Isle of Palms in Charleston. We lived in the bottom part of that house, and I swear, her husband must have died in the upstairs part. 90% of the time the upstairs apartment was empty, only used when Mrs. Wilson's nieces and nephews (she had no kids) would visit a few week during the summer. On such empty nights, there would be audible footsteps coming from upstairs. Too loud to be anything other than a full grown man. Multiple times my father and I loaded up a couple of shotguns and went upstairs (we had the keys as we would maintain the upstairs when not in use) looking for thieves, but there was no-one. It used to scare me awake at night, and thinking about it still gives me the creeps sometimes ph34r.gif

-Aaron

when i was 16 or 17, me and a friend of mine would hang out and jam metal tapes and all that stuff
(alice in chains, death metal, some really heavy s==t sometimes......one of my friends would do the whole pagan black candle stuff that was kinda scary to watch sometimes....my other friend had a trailer and it always felt weird looking in the bathroom mirror or going to the back of the trailer....another friend of mine was over hanging out with his boa constrictor that was always squirming around.....one night, the three of us were hanging out and we thought we heard some weird noises behind the traler....so we all three
go outside and try to look behind the trailer but a fuzzy dimlit human fig. peeked from behind the trailer slowly and slowly went back behing it....also the snake my friend had was completly still with a "darty" kinda offense stance in the dir. of the back of the trailer.....we were all like "h*** s***!
we all concluded that somebody died or was killed in that trailer and that accounted for the ghost sighting........I remeber looking in the mirror sometimes and either seeing a split second flash of someone behing me or like a weird face flash in the mirror, realllyyy weird scary stuff when your 16....
I've also been in houses where i've felt a unsettling feeling for no reason......to my knowledge we were
not drunk that night..... lol so it wasn't a imagined experience.....

come to think of it....the neighbor in the next trailer had a wegge board and we'd all mess around with that for awile.....u could tell people were moving the piece around most the time , but twice the piece did seem to "tug" on its own...............

Driving down the road, stereo cranked !!!

DJMonkey

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: 86 Si
There was house house on the hill that the neighborhood kids always stayed away from. they heard storys from the big kids that the house was haunted. one day little jim decided he was braver then all the ghosts in the world so he marched right up to the house. as he went inside he heard whispers and a cold breeze. as he walked towards the steps that led up the stairs the door slamed behind him. little jim ran to the door but could not get it to budge. as little jim slowly back away from the door and look door the hallway to the left he notices a back door. as he slowly walk towards it he heard what sounded like a floor board creaking. as he slowly walked to the door he heard a shiffle behind him. little jim turned around and screamed. it was..... Your Mom
1986 CRX Si (being assembled)

asianflava

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 07 Tundra CrewMax 89 Si hatch 85 & 91 CRX Si
This is the only one I could think of: My wife used to sell Creative Memories stuff. She had a co-worker who sold Pampered Chef. They had a combo show at a building in Buda, TX. It was some house converted into an insurance office, but had a community room upstairs. My wife's co-worker setup the use with a friend of hers who worked at the insurance office. Can't remember the details, but one of them thought they saw someone upstairs and went up since it was open. When they went up, nobody was there, they figured that that person just went back downstairs. When the lady who worked there showed up, they told her that someone had already come to unlock the building. The lady who worked here then told them that the building is haunted and she refuses to be there after dark. She had come early to unlock the door, which was locked.

I don't have any stories (that I can remember). Lived in North Carolina just down the street form the "Rhine Research Center for Parapsychology". Took the Ghost tour at the Stanley Hotel (the place that inspired Steven King to write the Shining) but didn't see anything. In Austin we lived across the street from the old house where the Texas Chainsaw Massacre was filmed (it was later moved).

acadianasportscars

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
This happened about 6 months ago on Louisiana Hwy 57, just outside of Dulac, a little town in the bayou country of Louisiana , and while it sounds like an Alfred Hitchcock tale, it's real.

An Ohio businessman, Saul Rubins, abandoned his disabled vehicle on the side of the road, and attempted to hitchhike.. The night was pitch dark in the middle of a thunderstorm. Time passed slowly and no cars went by. It was raining so hard he could hardly see his hand in front of his face.

Suddenly, through the sheets of rain, he saw a car moving slowly, approaching and appearing ghostlike in the rain. It slowly and silently crept toward him and stopped. Desperately needing a ride, Saul jumped in the car and closed the door.

Only then did he realize that there was no one behind the wheel and no sound of an engine to be heard over the rain.
Again the car crept silently forward and Saul was terrified, too scared to think of jumping out and running.. He saw that the car was approaching a sharp curve and, still too scared to jump out, he started to pray and beg God for his life; he was sure the ghost car would go off the road and into the bayou and he would then drown!

But just before the curve, a shadowy hand appeared at the driver's window, reached in and turned the steering wheel, guiding the car safely
around the bend. Then, just as silently, the hand disappeared through the window and Saul was alone again.

Paralyzed with fear, Saul watched the hand reappear every time they
reached a curve. Finally, scared nearly to death, Saul had all he could take, jumped out of the car, and ran to town.

Wet and in shock, he went into bar called Fishermen's Point.
Voice quavering, he ordered two cups of coffee, black, and then told everybody about his supernatural experience.
The room became silent and everybody got goose bumps when they
realized Saul was telling the truth (and not just some drunk).

About 30 minutes later two Cajuns, dripping wet, walked into Fisherman s Point and one says to the other,

"Look, Boudreaux, ders dat idiot dat rode in our car when we wuz pushin' it in the rain!!!"

(Best I could do with some Cajun humor for you guys!)
Chicks dig me, rust fears me.

andy86si

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: DD: 04 Acura TL 6spd; Shop whore that refuses to run: 91 Dx Hatch; Beaters: 2 x 86 Si hatch; Project too far down the list to worry about: 85 push button wago Project waiting on somebody else's work: 77 Civic cvcc hatch
    Garage View Garage
Looks like maybe this tradtion here isn't as fresh as it once was, but i'll play!

Noob from tx here. Two stories, one short (mine), and the other happened to a former friend.

Mine: I live in one of the top floor units in a 100-ish year old 4-plex in Deep Elum (funky part of town just east of downtown Dallas). Landlord has owned it for 25 years and says that a female someone did pass in the other top floor unit, but he didn't know any of the details as it was before his time as owner. Neighbors living under the unit have mentioned walking and noises coming from the unit while vacant! I've noticed sounds as well, but i'm not there as often, and they have lived there during longer periods of vacancy in the up stairs.

One night, I was up late cruising the webz, and I clearly heard the voice of a 7 to 9 year old girl say my name. Looking up I thought I saw a shadowy ltle figure move in the other room, but was unable to confirm that it wasn't lighting/glasses glare or some similar illusion...

Not really shaken, as it was non threatening, and I'm quick to chalk it up to mind tricks, but it was so audibly clear! Call it what you want, iiwii.

My (ex) friend: This family is "typical american" religious. Go to church on holidays, and "believe" but aren't really all that knowledgable as far as biblical scrpture or other denominations differences from there own baptist beliefs(if they even actually know what their baptist beliefs are, heh). He was between 10-12 and had been living at a reasonably old home in Garland, tx. They had some interesting experiences there. Clear, audible human whistling, as if calling a dog. Loud, like the person whistling is calling a dog outside, but doing it a few feet from you in the living room... They also heard distinctive door opening and closing sounds. We all know how each door has it's own unique squeak or other sound, well they would hear specific doors opening and closing without ever actually having anyone pass through them...

Anyways, around this time his parents were going through a divorce, and he was finding out that his biological dad was a janitor from his mom's work, but his mom was leaving who he though was his dad originally for some old guy with more money, general crazyness... Tough time for a kid that age, or any age. He claims that several times in a year or two span at night he would be crying in bed, only to look up and see a bright hazy figure in the corner of his room whose mere presence calmed him and helped to sleep. He didn't share this for years, but when he talked to a devout catholic friend of his about the experience(s) years later his friend pulled out a card with a picture on it. He swears up and down that the image was obviously apparently of the figure that came to him. His catholic friend informed him of the name of the saint (don't rightly recollect, myself), and told him this saint is known to come to people in their time of need...

Being agnostic, nigh on to atheist, I'm naturally quite skeptical... But his tone and demeanor when relaying this to me were either Oscar worthy acting, or at the very least HE fully believes he saw these things(and he's not a looney, lol), even if there is no actual reality to any of it...

Sorry for being long winded. Hope this satisfies the requirements, ha.

Hello_KittyJunki33

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: 1987 Honda Civic Si

Rules are rules so here I go: ( true story)

Years ago I was staying at my godmothers house with my cousins ( mind you it was night time when this happened) and we were watching tv in the living room. They live in a two story house and there were only two rooms upstairs that were across from each other one of them was my cousins room and the other was his older brothers and my Ninas room was downstairs. So they decided that they wanted to go to the neighbors house to hang out and drink, I stayed back to finish watching whatever i was watching then i'll head over there, so once they left i was all by myself in the house. In the corner of my eye i noticed that the lights from the stairs had turned on and i turned to look if anybody was there and i didnt see anybody, I slowly approached the stairs and called for someone to see if anybody was upstairs and nobody responded, so i turned the lights off and went back to wacth tv. Not even five minutes later the lights turned on again and i just sat there looking at the stairs waiting for something or someone to come out and nothing all of a sudden the lights turned off and i just ran out of the house, i didnt even turned off the tv or anything i just wanted to get out of there. I went over to the neighbors house and I never told my cousins what had happened and ever since i never wanted to say in that house alone at night, if everyone was leaving i made sure that i left as well. Even though I get scared about that kind of stuff the paranormal interests me so much but i didnt have anymore experiences after that day, except for when my cats stare at the ceiling and it looks like they are following something lol.

il_570xN_426283650_3yql.jpg

PowerWheels86

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 CIVIC Si
    Garage View Garage

kudos!! i've been waiting a year and a half for another ghost story!!

Dark Side of the Power........
Posted Image

Wheels

QUOTE (RARECRX @ Jun 26 2009, 06:55 PM)
The ONLY BMW's I like are (Beautiful Mexican Women)

gustav129

• At a racetrack near me....
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Si, 1981 CP Mustang, 1987 Civic Si - R.I.P., 1974 IH Scout II
    Garage View Garage

The original rule is to tell Ghost-One a story (for those that don't get understand).  I probably told a crappy story before this thread was made.

Ironically, Ghost-One - Last Active Aug 30 2009 10:30 PM

Posted Image
Under steer is when you hit the wall with your front end.
Over steer is when you hit the wall with your rear end.
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you move the wall.
RGL Motorsports #129

chedda_j

• Lives to modify
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    • Drives: 1986 Honda Civic 2.2L LSD, Acura TL Aspec
    Garage View Garage
bump

10395168_748294558578686_901304337744719