294 replies to this topic

Screech

• Project CI2-VIC Team Lead
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 16 Ford RS, 84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2), 98 Civic EX
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Oil changed. Got the coolant in. Coolant slowed me down as both hoses at the radiator wanted to leak, love having a pressure tester so I don't have to wait for operating temp to build up pressure to test hoses. Got the fans installed and wired up. Tested that the AC switch (once I get one for an 86-87) will activate both fans, was also the easiest way to make sure I wire the new push fan the right way.

My A6s came in today. In the morning I call to find out when to take the car to the exhaust shop.

Picture added now.

Screech
------------------------

16 Ford RS (2.3l, DS)
84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2 2.0l, SMF)

Screech

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Quick update, so only links to the pictures tonight.

I got these put together And put on the car. I didn't like the tuner lugs on it, they didn't use all of the lug seat on the rim so I went and got a set of "normal" lug nuts that fully seats with the rim and then a little extra. Looked at it from a few more angles 1, 2, 3) I like them. The gunmetal is closer to gothic grey that I expected. Close look at the mounted wheel tires.

I found that the 84 shifter/exhaust tunnel is smaller, shifter rod was hitting the side, so I hammered it out for the clearance. I also learned to turn the brake hose bracket on the TEINs about 35-40 degrees toward the rear of the car instead of straight out when installing 13x7.5 wheels. I found my 87 AC switch in a bucket of sedan parts. Got the drivers seat belt in.

Parting view of the night.

Screech

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Drove it at 7AM to the exhaust shop with the open header. They got the cat, and resonator on but had to order the muffler. Will have the muffler tomorrow. I did drive it home for the night to work on it. Got the front bumper on (almost, missed the left slide screw) as well as the corner lights, headlight trim and the fog lights. Left fender is about crap, corner light and headlight trim are about 1/2 inch too far forward on the side that screws to the fender. Another of the wish Blacksheep would have disclosed a little more about the car so that I could have brought more of the spare parts that were in much better shape to him to have painted with the car.

Damn I love driving this car... Going to be a fun weekend!!

Screech
------------------------

16 Ford RS (2.3l, DS)

Screech

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Little over due for an update.. Car was ready in time for the race. The next day I left town and left the car at the airport for the week. Just got home tonight.. Plan to install the Kakabox's old window regulators in the drivers door and get the door panels on this weekend.

Still need radio and antenna deletes.

Screech
------------------------

16 Ford RS (2.3l, DS)

hondaguy72

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1998 Odyssey
Having owned a b20z swapped car I can vouch for how fun they are to drive. Great job on the swap and enjoy the heck out of it!

Screech

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I found a video on youtube of the car at the recent auto cross, not of the whole run, but you can hear the exhaust good and see the 3 wheeling.

Screech
------------------------

16 Ford RS (2.3l, DS)

Screech

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
After watching that video a few times I wanted to see why the right rear wheel would stop, and it did in every video the guy took of me around that sweeper. I found that the while the rims do just clear the stock Integra rear disc setup the stick-on wheel weights do not. They just rub the bracket for the e-brake cable. This week I'm going to see if I can move/bent it up and to the inside a little to remove that contact.

Also this week I plan to put the front under car splash shields back in.

Screech
------------------------

16 Ford RS (2.3l, DS)

Screech

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I picked up the new right headlight assembly from Honda today. Installed that, had to adjust the air filter to clear the plug on the back of the H4 light. Rerouted the hood pin cables so they come out the light area instead of the gap between the hood and the header panel. And to end the night I cleaned the over spray off of the right quarter panel window.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edti: added pics

Edited by Screech, 27 March 2012 - 09:15 AM.

Screech
------------------------

16 Ford RS (2.3l, DS)

Screech

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Just filled the car up and got just North of 35MPG on that tank!! Goal achieved. Best I got with old 5th gear set while in the 86 Si chassis was 32MPG.

Screech
------------------------

16 Ford RS (2.3l, DS)

Screech

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Well, I felt I was fibbing with the 1500S badge on the back, so I replaced it.

Posted Image Posted Image

Anyone having trouble IDing the source of the new badge is really not up on current cars. LOL. I'm thinking of getting some flat red sun resistant paint and putting it on the S so it looks copies the color format of the 1500S badge more.

I had been considering the 2.0Si Prelude badge since it is type font is more like the original 1500S, but I figured the engine and electrical are as new as the 2000S badge so a little update would be OK. Also, the price for the new badge was right, free.

I've got my OBD-2 <-> Bluetooth bridge installed too. I can watch lots of stats in realtime (almost) now on my phone. Timing advance, temp, engine load, TPS reading, MPG and even O2 voltage. I can even set up alarms that if I exceed a given RPM before the car is at operating temp or many other options it can warn me. In fact if my MIL lights up the phone will say the code and lookup the reason and say it right away too.

All looking up right now.

Screech
------------------------

16 Ford RS (2.3l, DS)

jjamiemmark

• Spit pop bang
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86 CRX,91 CRX SI
    Garage View Garage
Car looks great, looks like it hauls in that video.
05192012083.jpg

Screech

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
And improved:

Posted Image

Screech
------------------------

16 Ford RS (2.3l, DS)

Screech

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I reinstalled the cruise control today. Also, had my daughter use the screen shot function of the Torque app while I was cruisin at 60mph.

Posted Image

Before swapping the 5th gear set that speed would have been 3400rpm.

Screech
------------------------

16 Ford RS (2.3l, DS)

Screech

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Had second race of the season with NCR-SCCA yesterday. Got 1st in SMF again, upped my lead over the Neon from ~1.5 seconds in the first race to ~3 seconds this last one. No problems yet, glad I had cruise re-installed with the race over an hour away. Again I was a little over 3 seconds from FTD.

Only issue with the site (Warren Airfield, Washington, NC) is that the concrete is about 80 years old and starting to chip and crack. Well, one piece came free as an S2000 went over it and the piece got kicked up and wedged at and angle that pushing it through the floor board of the car. After a long break for the safety stewards to re check the whole feed we got back under way. Was not sure if they were going to call the race or not. But incident aside it was great once the sun came out, tires were happy then, so I was happy too.

Screech
------------------------

16 Ford RS (2.3l, DS)

Screech

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
LOL, just noticed that Torque app is showing .6 Gs at just over 50% throttle. I did calibrate the acceler-o-meter for the mount in the car....

Screech
------------------------

16 Ford RS (2.3l, DS)