Falken Ze 512 Ziex

• You cannot reply to this topic
27 replies to this topic

duner

• What if there is no tomorrow? There wasn't one today!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
just curious if anyone has ever used these tires? specifically 175/60/r13.

or does anyone have any suggestions for a good 13" that isnt more than $75 per tire(just spent $1000 on the pic below and am trying not to spend that much in rubber wink.gif )

*edit, boy i sound smart..."anyone ever this tire?" hahahaha

Edited by duner, 23 February 2006 - 04:50 PM.

Living the Air Force Dream!

Vouch Thread

breadvan

• whiptastic
  • PipPip
    • Group: Bad Email List
    • Drives: 2 liter rusted soda can
DAMN MAN,YOU BOUGHT THEM FOR A 1K blink.gif . Wish i had money to play with like that. anyways, try the tirerack.com. they have a reasonably priced sumitomo htrs for like $50 or so. they have em in that size and i believe 215/50/13 ph34r.gif
user posted image

calmoc9

• C.E.L. 4-life
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86 crx si. FINALLY PUT THE ZC IN!! turbo coming soon. 12 Titan Pro 4X, 07 Accord EX V6 6MT dd
    • Image Gallery
i think my htr's were 35 a piece

scott
"Why dont you just put a pussy on the front of that car? It takes more money than I do." - The Wife

vouch thread 1 2

QUOTE (kaymo @ Mar 2 2009, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sure its no ferrari, and its no pussy magnet

duner

• PipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (breadvan @ Feb 23 2006, 04:37 PM)
DAMN MAN,YOU BOUGHT THEM FOR A 1K  blink.gif . Wish i had money to play with like that. anyways, try the tirerack.com. they have a reasonably priced sumitomo htrs for like $50 or so. they have em in that size and i believe 215/50/13  ph34r.gif

but these wheels are only 5.5" wide...i REALLY doubt that 215's would fit. what is the widest i could/can go? 185?

i tried tire rack, but what i dont like is you have to specify a width aspect ratio and diameter. other sites you can search just by diameter. i fund these falkon's at www.tiresavings.com

i wouldnt say that i had 1k to play with, but i got a nice tax return and splurged because i doubt i will ever come across ones this nice EVER again cool.gif

Vouch Thread

breadvan

• whiptastic
  • PipPip
these were the prices for the htrs:

185/60/13 $35 each
195/60/13 $39 each
215/50/13 $49 each

these were on tirerack.com, HTH
user posted image

breadvan

• whiptastic
  • PipPip
QUOTE (duner @ Feb 23 2006, 05:42 PM)
QUOTE (breadvan @ Feb 23 2006, 04:37 PM)
DAMN MAN,YOU BOUGHT THEM FOR A 1K  blink.gif . Wish i had money to play with like that. anyways, try the tirerack.com. they have a reasonably priced sumitomo htrs for like $50 or so. they have em in that size and i believe 215/50/13  ph34r.gif

but these wheels are only 5.5" wide...i REALLY doubt that 215's would fit. what is the widest i could/can go? 185?

i tried tire rack, but what i dont like is you have to specify a width aspect ratio and diameter. other sites you can search just by diameter. i fund these falkon's at www.tiresavings.com

i wouldnt say that i had 1k to play with, but i got a nice tax return and splurged because i doubt i will ever come across ones this nice EVER again cool.gif

185 would be a perfect and reasonable fit,IMO. BTW, your a lucky bastard, i love those wheels biggrin.gif
user posted image

ChrisF-dude

• Powered by Natural Gas
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Location:Maryland, United States of America, Earth, Terran System, Milky Way 21158
    • Drives: 85 CRX Si (ZC), 2011 Toyota Camry
    • Image Gallery
You can get various 13" sizes for street or race on tirerack, tires.com, and others. Even though they are light mugen rims, I would never use those at the track for fear of damaging them. Get some good 13" street tires, with rim protecting sidewalls, and some VX, or 85Si rims for competition. Rims that are replacable. I like the look of my BFG tires with white letters, however 80s they are.

Edit- Sears and tires.com both had Falken Ziex 512s starting in the 40s price wise. The Sears ones were a sale, the tires.com normal price.

Edited by ChrisF-dude, 23 February 2006 - 05:52 PM.

Once a woman is introduced to Colonel Angus, she'll settle for nothing less.
chrisfpixelcrx.jpgSiemblem.jpg

duner

• PipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (ChrisF-dude @ Feb 23 2006, 04:45 PM)
You can get various 13" sizes for street or race on tirerack, tires.com, and others. Even though they are light mugen rims, I would never use those at the track for fear of damaging them. Get some good 13" street tires, with rim protecting sidewalls, and some VX, or 85Si rims for competition. Rims that are replacable. I like the look of my BFG tires with white letters, however 80s they are.

yeah, i will NEVER race these....i grant the right to all of you to bitch slap me if i ever do!

thanks for all the replies.

basically i want some good performance for summer only, that wont break the bank.

in case it has been over looked above...how wide can i go on these 5.5" rims?

Edited by duner, 23 February 2006 - 05:55 PM.

Vouch Thread

breadvan

• whiptastic
  • PipPip

a pic of the tread . i had these and they had pretty decent grip.
user posted image

nature223

• Yeah,Im the guy who stuffed the GEICO Gecko up Barnie's ass.
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1985 CRX Si(manual),1995 Del Sol Si ,2005 Honda CR-V,Wife's 2006 CR-V(all the others are auto tran's)
we put a set of those on the front of my G/F's hyndai before it's tranny took a shit...a little noisy,but STUCK EXCEEDINGLY well for such a cheap tire...
get em and dont look back,best bang for the buck yet..
soon as I get ahead monetairilly...Im buying a set for my crx...
oh yeah,faster AND furious..Heh Heh Heh

better to be thought the fool..
rather then to open one's mouth and confirm it

use may include risk factors these include;anal leakage,oily discharge,copious flatulence,bloating,incontinence,erectile dysfunction,body rejecting genitals,a racing or severely diminished heart rate/including death. discontinue use if health insurance ends,or patient turns blue and doctor leaves after declaring patient has died...your results may vary

87Si

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
I had these tires on my CRX and now I have them on my new car as well. I had 15" rota slipstreams on the rex. They are (IMO) great tires for the price, but I unfortunately don't have much to compare them to. I did autocross with these tires and they stuck to the road very well. They also do very well in the rain. I will continue to buy them as long as they make them. All around great tire.

Good bang for the buck!
No more CRX

duner

• PipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (87Si @ Feb 23 2006, 04:58 PM)
I had these tires on my CRX and now I have them on my new car as well.  I had 15" rota slipstreams on the rex.  They are (IMO) great tires for the price, but I unfortunately don't have much to compare them to.  I did autocross with these tires and they stuck to the road very well.  They also do very well in the rain.  I will continue to buy them as long as they make them.  All around great tire.

Good bang for the buck!

the falkens or the sumitomo's?

Vouch Thread

mep

In case you aren't sold yet.. the HTR 200s are unbeatable for the money & range of 13" sizes.

I had a set of Falken ZE 512s in 225/40-16 & I was disappointed with them... poor dry grip, molded extremely narrow(205/45-16 Paradas were wider), & they have a huge rim protector flange that is downright ugly in my opinion. The only thing I would praise them on is wet grip & ride comfort.

Also try onlinetires.com for a couple of other cheap options in 185/60-13.
. . sm 85 HB . .

Xipher

• OMG! I posted THAT!?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: 1986 Honda CRX Si (project), 98' GMC K2500 BIG BLOCK 4WD, 2008 Honda Fit Sport, 2017 Chevrolet Volt
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (duner @ Feb 23 2006, 02:42 PM)

Running 185/70/13 on 5in wide VX rims, was going to put on 195/205's but had to keep the final price around 200$ ( 203$ total ). The tires I just got cost 33$ a piece.
Full of The Internets!
etmydst - ""...and since he was the hardest gangster in all of stockton they were to scared to go in his house so they drove by and said "slow down forest"..."
My Vouch Thread

B@T "El Argentino"

I know "squareback" used those Sumitomo HTR200 215/50/13 on stock 5.5" wide stealies.
I think that the Falkens are grippy but never tried the Sumitomos.
B@T 46 "THE DOCTOR"
[email protected]
user posted image
My "VOUCH" tread http://www.redpepper...44