Why don't people use at least their first names

• You cannot reply to this topic
96 replies to this topic

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (bobdragster @ Mar 26 2008, 10:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You old people take the internet too fucking seriously.

-James

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (gustav129 @ Mar 26 2008, 11:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For some reason, I thought your name was Bob.

yeah, for some strange reason beyond my comprehension, I did too laugh.gif
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

redrex

• de de de
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: crx hf
my name is also

Dave
just click and your in the pics

http://www.redpepper...llery/v/redrex/

catch22

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 84CRXHF, 86CivicSi, ITA88CRXSi, 89CRXSi
I don't know if it is a gen thing. I also don't know if I'm considered an older one here on this board. Either way I always sign my name to the end of each post. Yes I have a member name everywhere I go online, but I'am a real person each place I go as well. So I will become the 3rd? Jason on this thread. I do agree that the multiple same name thing would get old. But it is nice to reply to a real name.

Jason

Infinityzero

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: D16a1 Powered 3rd gen hatch, D15a1 Powered first gen Crx
I've been using this name online for the last 5-6 years or so, Yet I don't mind telling everyone my name

I'm also Dave

ATXBoy

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 1986 Honda Civic Si
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
My name is Fabian smile.gif

lxndr

• All work and no play makes LXNDR a dull boy. All work and no...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
I don't usually sign my posts but I always sign my PM's, and if I know the name of the person I am PMing I always address them by name. I don't feel that I need to sign every post because posting on the internet seems so informal.

I'm Alexander, hence LXNDR, or 'xndr.

Giltaran

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86 CRX Si, EW4, Stock as I can make her.
QUOTE (Screech @ Mar 26 2008, 04:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My name is John, there are too many fucking Johns around, if you referred to me as John everyone would ask which John. Then you would say Screech/John, so if I go by Screech, a nick name I've had since `89, there is less confusion to start with. tongue.gif

What he said, only with Gil instead of Screech, and Mike instead of John. There are too many people with my same name - to the point that in a crowd I don't even turn around when someone calls it out. But if they hollered for Gil, I would.

Screech

• Project CI2-VIC Team Lead
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 16 Ford RS, 84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2), 98 Civic EX
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Giltaran @ Mar 27 2008, 05:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What he said, only with Gil instead of Screech, and Mike instead of John. There are too many people with my same name - to the point that in a crowd I don't even turn around when someone calls it out. But if they hollered for Gil, I would.

Just to add that Screech could be a "real" name to me, my (step) daughter calls me Screech, when she was 1-2 years old it was "sceech". My wife use to until we started dating, then she started calling me John and gets mad when I don't respond. Everyone at work knows me as Screech, even embroidered on my work jacket.

Screech <-- No, really

koshir

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: CRX 86' and 91' :: JAZZ 08'
wink.gif

So my nick-user name suits me best since my last name is Kosir (s has that mark above so in english koshir) and first name Emil
I always use nick that is conected to my real name...before I had and still have on lots of forums TypeKoshiR cause at beging (7+ years ago) it sounded nice wink.gif
but now it's just koshir plain and easy ph34r.gif

cya

SHOGUNOVDDRK

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1986 civic hatchback
Hi im Lloyd, (yes 2 L's not 1)

Im the token 6"1 aussie guy in every american forum and i drive a 3g

Im highly addicted to roads with lots of twists and turns (and drive on my family's private roads with these features) and i envy every Nz member here because they get the best shiznit! *shhh i didnt say that*

I dream of oneday having the car Battle/Track spec one day just to continue my love and devotion of the car and make sure it doesnt stay a daily but becomes one of our fine examples.....

Reason why i dont have my name in my sig/normally is just because im more used to being called Sho or shogun on a forum

When i address someone to pm's i normally add my name after 1 or 2 pm's (as its just a comfort thing)

Oh Hi dave tongue.gif
QUOTE(SHOGUNOVDDRK;835304)
the import scene has kinda become like emo's.... its killing itself whilst looking overdressed and in drag

QUOTE(phyregod;835835)
Sig worthy. But mine is full.

JDT

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: JDM 86 CRX si, 97 Civic GLI
^ Hey, there isn't supposed to be 2 of us. If you get to be the 6"1 Aussie guy addicted to twisty roads, then who am I?

I gave up trying to use my name for my user name because it's usually taken and I find it easier to have one name on all forums, so my initials it is. Most people don't use my first name either but for you...

James

hosmer

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 CRX Si, 03 350z
my username is my last name...growing up there were 2 "Eric"s and everyone called me by my last name to differentiate

All the people I know personally I call by their 1st name...I never call someone by their screenname
-Even if I'm directing a post at them, I use their 1st name if its someone I know

Dadd

• Big wheels on a little car
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 CRX HF, 86 N/A Supra, 76 Mercedes 300D
    • Image Gallery
I've been called Dadd since '97 when I first signed up for internet...chose the AOL name 'daddleton'...middle initial D and last name Addleton. Everyone there started calling me Dadd and it stuck. Every forum I'm registered at is by Dadd (if available).

Since I'm the 4th or 5th Dave/David in this thread, you guys can call me Dadd. smile.gif

I'm 43 years old, just celebrated my 24th wedding anniversary this past Sunday, and have 2 kids, who will be 21 and 16 in July. I play bass guitar and collect/restore late 70s-early 80's skateboards (have over 30 so far). I work at Frito-Lay. I drive the primered 87 HF with the 18" wheels you guys like to rip on so much.

I'm no certified mechanic, but I do know how to turn a wrench. I have enough walking around sense to fix most anything on my car, but lack the patience to do so.
Laugh if you want, it runs

Jaminak

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 84 1500 Coupe, 89 Cherokee
Jaminak is like maniac, but with a k, like aktion (my license plate). Jamin is not pronounced like jammin, but like Jason with a 'm'. And like others it's been my internet name since I joined AOL years ago. Ironically enough, I stopped using my jaminak IM on aol when I quit working there and started using JediJamin.

-Jamin

jsgprod

• The Beach....The only place where salt LOWERS your blood pressur
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE and 2001 F250 SD
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (firstgencrx @ Mar 26 2008, 02:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WARNING: I am feeling grumpy today, so this is going to sound a bit like a FLAME... Read on...

..................(didn't figure it all needed to be here again, we all know what it said tongue.gif ).....................................
END RANT!

I feel better now. tongue.gif

Take care all!

David

WOW blink.gif See what you started?

Or maybe................................................................it was me? laugh.gif

You know who I am!

If you love the Elise, drive a Se7en - Caterham or whatever...
It has even less content than the Elise, is less graceful looking
...and changes direction like a ping pong ball whacked by Thor.

scull+gif+1.gif

jsgprods Gallery