• You cannot reply to this topic
47 replies to this topic

Mercury

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86 CRX
swap or not to swap?

I've been reading some of your posts on carb issues and like to ask you about swaping my stock carb (250k) with the weber kit 1984-1987 Honda Civic - Weber Part Number: V1000 WEBER DVG SERIES CARBURETOR: KIT # K726 (32/36DGAV ). Old carb runs RICH , no choke and poor / erratic idle. Other than that it's fast as hell for bone stock. Just lookin for dependebility and MPG's And to get rid of all that extra stuff. Read good things and bad things.
Your opinon / links to more info would be greatly appreciated.

Thx

rollz87civic

• VOOM VOOM NO VTEC!!!!!!!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1987 civic sedan(sold) 1987 civic DX(sold) 1992 civic SI(sold) 1985 civic wagon 4wd(sold) 1986 civic std DD(Sold)1986 civic dx(sold)
    • Image Gallery
The webber's are kinda a b word to get the jeting right. go with a CDM set up
SACHR member be hate for who you are not loved for who your not.

Posted Image
Member in the Carburetion Nation

RIP GLEN

Mercury

• Granny
  • Pip
QUOTE (rollz87civic @ Dec 9 2007, 02:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The webber's are kinda a b word to get the jeting right. go with a CDM set up

Is the jetting still a problem even when just using as a stock replacement ( no mods at all ). It says it's set up for this engine.

rollz87civic

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 civic sedan(sold) 1987 civic DX(sold) 1992 civic SI(sold) 1985 civic wagon 4wd(sold) 1986 civic std DD(Sold)1986 civic dx(sold)
    • Image Gallery
^^^yes because the carbs dont come jett'd right for are cars right out of the box

Posted Image

RIP GLEN

Mercury

• Granny
  • Pip
QUOTE (rollz87civic @ Dec 9 2007, 01:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^^^yes because the carbs dont come jett'd right for are cars right out of the box

THX

Mercury

• Granny
  • Pip
I installed the weber redline kit k762 on my 86 CRX. Just ripped out eveything with a vacuum line, used 5 head plugs and 3 vacuum caps (3/8 I think) to close off open ports to intake.
added fuel filter with new lines, carb came with 5/16 fuel port but the pump out is 1/4 so that can be worked out any way you like. Had to leave some valves on intake till I make some block
off covers. Choke wire is right where it needs to be. Car runs great started right up with no adjustment at all. mixture screw is out 2 turns from seat. Fuel economy is about the same. Power
is a little better but is sounds great wide open. If emissions are not an issue DO IT. I'll post a pick when I get a chance.

rollz87civic

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
How much was the kit?

Posted Image

RIP GLEN

anassa

• Slowest of em all.
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1985 Honda CRX Si
QUOTE (Mercury @ Dec 21 2007, 09:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I installed the weber redline kit k762 on my 86 CRX. Just ripped out eveything with a vacuum line, used 5 head plugs and 3 vacuum caps (3/8 I think) to close off open ports to intake.
added fuel filter with new lines, carb came with 5/16 fuel port but the pump out is 1/4 so that can be worked out any way you like. Had to leave some valves on intake till I make some block
off covers. Choke wire is right where it needs to be. Car runs great started right up with no adjustment at all. mixture screw is out 2 turns from seat. Fuel economy is about the same. Power
is a little better but is sounds great wide open. If emissions are not an issue DO IT. I'll post a pick when I get a chance.

anychance you could get it dynoed to see how much power your making?? it would be intresting to see, and of course pics.
Someday my car will look as clean and sexy as this:

-1997 318ti DD

-1989 240sx sold on CL

-1985 CRX DX, sold to Justin

-1985 CRX Si, sold to Indyman.

-1991 CRX Si, totaled in the mountains, RIP

Mercury

• Granny
  • Pip
The Carb kit was $404.00 plus $40. in extras. A/C is a problem that I'm working out now. To idle at 900 with A/C on it goes to 1300 rpm's A/C off witch couses run on after ign off. working on a
bracket for a throttle solenoid. I'm working on the throttle cable cam off the OEM carb ( don't like the junk that came with, but it works) the plate shaft off the old carb is smaller that the weber
so I filed it out and it fits now... but I cut the stock cabe end off mad.gif I'm looking for a round cable adjustable stop $0.56 plus $6.00 shipping... going to home depot and hardware store to look.
The old throttle cable cam also has a place for the A/C throttle solenoid to push WITH a adjustment screw for fine tuneing it. I think the cable mite be too long anyway for the cable bracket that
came with the weber.

As for added power ???? It was ok fast stock( with out a passenger) The power ban is wider. MPG's are a little less but it mite be my foot.

Pic's after throttle cable cam mod.

rollz87civic

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
^^^^ your timming is off that y its staying running after you trun the car off.

Posted Image

RIP GLEN

Mercury

• Granny
  • Pip
Haven't touch timing in years, you think changing carb/mixture etc could efect timing??

gustav129

• At a racetrack near me....
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Si, 1981 CP Mustang, 1987 Civic Si - R.I.P., 1974 IH Scout II
    Garage View Garage
Is one of your throttle plates stuck partially open? That can be another reason for "Dieseling".
Posted Image
Under steer is when you hit the wall with your front end.
Over steer is when you hit the wall with your rear end.
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you move the wall.
RGL Motorsports #129

Omega Mugen

• Dug Diggler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 CRX w/Si motor, 86 Civic DX Hatch, 2001 Prelude
Weber has an optional anti-run on solenoid that should install if you remove one of the brass bolts. Actually, the stock carb has one too. It cuts off fuel to the idle circuits when the ignition is turned off. Both the CVCC motors that I've owned had the tendency to run on, but the Si motor that I have doesn't do this at all.

Going to Hawaii? You need a Dune Buggy.

WTB: 14x8 or 9" Panasports or Watanabe RS.

WTB: 3g Civic hatch gauge cowl, brown.

WTB: ZC header--FOUND

old fart

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: 87 civic DX
I am new to Honda CVCC engines, but $3 plus a gallon gas prompted me to pick up this 87 Civic DX . the carb isn’t working very well, and with a hundred hoses going to it who knows where to start.
I’d like to switch to a Weber, but after doing a little research on stratified combustion systems I was wondering how the above mentioned Weber kit deals with the auxiliary intake system. The stock carburetor appears to have third venturi to feed the spark plug chamber with a richer mixture?

Omega Mugen

• Dug Diggler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 CRX w/Si motor, 86 Civic DX Hatch, 2001 Prelude
You are correct. That is what the third barrel is for. The adapter that is in the Weber kit has a little cut away to feed the CVCC part of the intake manifold. Essentially you are running the motor with a normal, close to stoiciometric mixture, without the lean burn. So you are feeding the same mixture to the CVCC system as the main combustion chambers. So, it doesn't get as good of fuel economy as when you are running the CVCC as it is supposed to, but you will get a heck of a lot more performance, especially in the higher RPMs. That is where the Weber and its emulsion tubes really get the fuel atomized.

Going to Hawaii? You need a Dune Buggy.

WTB: 14x8 or 9" Panasports or Watanabe RS.

WTB: 3g Civic hatch gauge cowl, brown.

WTB: ZC header--FOUND