• You cannot reply to this topic
62 replies to this topic

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: R.I.P ~Honali~ 3G civic now drives Silver 86 Civic hatch

making sweet sounds with the intake.

MaximumMax whipped this intake up in about an hour, i only had to do a wee bit of die grinding to get it to fit really snug.

its made out of stainless and mild steel, painted the mild steel so it wouldnt rust, then went to NAPA and spent $70 on filters.

sounds good, looks good and it performs! biggrin.gif

Edited by JeepGirl, 23 July 2006 - 08:29 PM.

rprdotcom1cropped.gifRIPHonalicroppedsigpic.jpgAW1GMtu.jpgH4zO0Qb.jpg

crxboi

• Got Rice?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 1989 CR-X Ef8 RHD , 1993 CR-X DEL SOL EG2 RHD
QUOTE (JeepGirl @ Jul 23 2006, 08:26 PM)

making sweet sounds with the intake.

MaximumMax whipped this intake up in about an hour, i only had to do a wee bit of die grinding to get it to fit really snug.

its made out of stainless and mild steel, painted the mild steel so it wouldnt rust, then went to NAPA and spent $70 on filters.

sounds good, looks good and it performs!  biggrin.gif

No offence jeep girl but your intake kind looks like a penis!!! you probally get more power then me with that!!! laugh.gif

Edited by crxboi, 24 July 2006 - 01:29 AM.

DarkHand

Looking for pics of carb filters or hats

Sorry, couldn't resist. biggrin.gif
DarkHand

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1985 crx ,98 malibu ,90 hatch,87 hatch trailer,87 legend,95 dodge neon,90 civic sedan SE
    • Image Gallery

here is mine and the one i made for crxboi

crxbois hat on my carb

and one more of my intake and hat on the dodge shadow hood

My Webpage
(quote by RareCrx)HAVE A MADD TYTE DIGGITY DOGG ,BUBBLES SPRAYIN ON THE INTERCOOLER, poopin ON A 8 SECOND CHEVELLE WITH MY MINI-ME SWAP DAY..

hondadude

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 92 Civic Sedan
    Garage View Garage
wink.gif

not the best pic, sorry
user posted imageuser posted image

1stGenRex

• Easily Amused....
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
QUOTE (DarkHand @ Jul 29 2006, 03:02 PM)

Sorry, couldn't resist.  biggrin.gif

LMAO...too bad this wasnt a mugen hat!
1GRPhotography
MySpace
I'ma in the Carburetion Nation

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 crx ,98 malibu ,90 hatch,87 hatch trailer,87 legend,95 dodge neon,90 civic sedan SE
    • Image Gallery
hondadude thats a nice carb hat you make it or is it from something else ?????

My Webpage
(quote by RareCrx)HAVE A MADD TYTE DIGGITY DOGG ,BUBBLES SPRAYIN ON THE INTERCOOLER, poopin ON A 8 SECOND CHEVELLE WITH MY MINI-ME SWAP DAY..

hondadude

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 92 Civic Sedan
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (phatboycrxhf @ Aug 11 2006, 05:48 AM)
hondadude thats a nice carb hat you make it or is it from something else ?????

Nope thats a cone upgrade for a toyta tazz, as common as dirt around here, it just fitted my hondas carb perfectly. There is also a VW cone adapter they sell here a plastic one, alot cheeper then the tazz one i got, it too also fits on those honda carbs.

I will take a closer pic. smile.gif
user posted imageuser posted image

RFL85CRXSI

• The Martinsburg Intimidator!
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 Honda Civic CRX Si ,'85 Honda Civic CRX DX, '02 Ford Crown Victoria Police Crusier, '94 Chevy S-10 LS1 (Haul'n AsS-10), '98 Plymouth Breeze 2.4T
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Edelbroch 10" cover, K&N filter and devac (will have pics soon)

Suck my SOHC!
Im the VTAC sauze on your Honda Burger!

jjamiemmark

• Spit pop bang
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86 CRX,91 CRX SI
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (RFL85CRXSI @ Aug 13 2006, 10:48 PM)
Edelbroch 10" cover, K&N filter and devac (will have pics soon)

sweet it will look great.somthin like this

linky to air filter build
05192012083.jpg

RFL85CRXSI

• The Martinsburg Intimidator!
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 Honda Civic CRX Si ,'85 Honda Civic CRX DX, '02 Ford Crown Victoria Police Crusier, '94 Chevy S-10 LS1 (Haul'n AsS-10), '98 Plymouth Breeze 2.4T
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Except I didnt cut the bottom piece, but it dosnt look too bad. (will have pics tomorrow, still setting up my new computer)

Suck my SOHC!
Im the VTAC sauze on your Honda Burger!

84crx06

• 85crx06
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1985 crx
QUOTE (crxboi @ Jul 23 2006, 05:39 PM)
Alright well my hommie phatboycrxhf  cool.gif made it for me thats the carb hat and the air filter is off an fc rx7 thats k&n.. phatboycrxhf is a great seller you should ask him to throw one together for you aswell...  biggrin.gif

ok, did he make the carb hat or did he get it off another car? the RX-7 right? that would fit perfectly.
later

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (84crx06 @ Aug 30 2006, 02:46 PM)
ok, did he make the carb hat or did he get it off another car? the RX-7 right? that would fit perfectly.
later

no the filter is from a rx7 and the carbhat i made from scratch its made out of exhaust pipe and 18gauge steel i think is what i used on his smile.gif and it fits snug on his carb but for added strength just incase it poped off i made it so he could use the stock mounting scew and wing nut wink.gif unlike mine that just sits on there tight tongue.gif my hat is cool that way i dont need no stinking nut laugh.gif but ive allso heard that you can use a multiport injection hat from a newer civic and honda dude has a nice one from a toyota tazz (whatever that is tongue.gif )but looks really good and he said it a prefect fit and jeep girl has one that looks good too ahh there is just to many but personal i like jjamiemarks filter wideopen oldschool look cool.gif

if you have any other questions just pm me ill be more then happy to help you

peace and happy finding

My Webpage

84crx06

• 85crx06
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1985 crx
QUOTE (phatboycrxhf @ Aug 31 2006, 03:33 AM)
no the filter is from a rx7 and the carbhat i made from scratch its made out of exhaust pipe and 18gauge steel i think is what i used on his  smile.gif and it fits snug on his carb but for added strength just incase it poped off i made it so he could use the stock mounting scew and wing nut  wink.gif unlike mine that just sits on there tight  tongue.gif my hat is cool that way i dont need no stinking nut  laugh.gif but ive allso heard that you can use a multiport injection hat from a newer civic and honda dude has a nice one from a toyota tazz (whatever that is tongue.gif )but looks really good and he said it a prefect fit and jeep girl has one that looks good too ahh there is just to many but personal i like jjamiemarks filter wideopen oldschool look cool.gif

peace and happy finding

wow, I saw the other pics of the other carb hats. They are exactly what I've been looking for. I'm thinking of making mine from an intake piece from an old Subaru Legacy. The only problem is its a little tall, so i gotta find a way to shortin it to clear the hood. Then I was gonna use a hose clamp and I remembered I had that wing nut screw, so I can just use that.
thanz guys for the inspiration!!
l8ter
84crx06
1st gens rule!

crxboi

• Got Rice?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 1989 CR-X Ef8 RHD , 1993 CR-X DEL SOL EG2 RHD
QUOTE (phatboycrxhf @ Aug 31 2006, 03:33 AM)
no the filter is from a rx7 and the carbhat i made from scratch its made out of exhaust pipe and 18gauge steel i think is what i used on his  smile.gif and it fits snug on his carb but for added strength just incase it poped off i made it so he could use the stock mounting scew and wing nut  wink.gif unlike mine that just sits on there tight  tongue.gif my hat is cool that way i dont need no stinking nut  laugh.gif but ive allso heard that you can use a multiport injection hat from a newer civic and honda dude has a nice one from a toyota tazz (whatever that is tongue.gif )but looks really good and he said it a prefect fit and jeep girl has one that looks good too ahh there is just to many but personal i like jjamiemarks filter wideopen oldschool look cool.gif

peace and happy finding

ya but jeepgirls intake looks like a cock!!! lmao!!! laugh.gif
its tight tho!!!