Itc For Cvcc -finally A Cheap Cvcc Subst Webbers!

• You cannot reply to this topic
56 replies to this topic

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
maybe I'll take you up on that in the near future! seriously.
so far I just got em run. I bolted em on, cut up a soccer sock and tightly rubber banded em on there for temporary... theres a lotta tiny leaves and such blowing around as well as other things i really dont want in my engine so thats just to pretty much strain the air...they prolly arent the best as far as small contaminants go though
I sprayed some carb cleaner on the socks and turned it over.. dadadavroom it started right up and idled rly high so I turned the VERY convenient adjustment line(gawd I love that thing!) down to about 900 rpm. it runs a tiny bit rough but not as rough as the stock carb!
as far as tuning... my plan goes as follows:

Figure out if I can use some seafoam on my car b/c i think thats part of why its always ran a lil rough. this will be trickier b/c the whole ITC thing against the single downdraft stocker!

clean/new plugs

drive pretty much as is for a lil while and then check plugs after a little bit unless it starts giving me trouble as I havnt gotten it on the road just yet.

ideas?

oh also talking to crxls, he brought the importance of good support for the carbs into mind. I think that the runners will sag over time so I want to take some measures to keep that from happening.
-zak
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

zakats

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
lmao I forgot to mention that in the pics I actually have my booster connected... I dont plan for it to be for very long!

zakats

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
OMFG!!!!! ITS SOOOOOO MUCH FASTER I CAN'T UFCNKIG BELIEVE IT!!! I went through second gear SO much faster, I wish my speedometer was working so I could see my acceleration to 30 or 50 but....
I had to wrap it up kinda short because the temp was starting to shoot up, I gotta play around with coolant a while to see what I can do about that. I might have to TAP into my coolant port and use a hollow, threaded bolt to put in there for my coolant unless someone can couch for that not being an issue. I have several theories- bad IM gasket(I did re use my 4 month old one that was kinda solid) leaking the egr into the water port, Bag HG(doubt but would be cool to throw on the SI head!), or just didnt completely fill the rad up well enough or something like that...
Im gona try pulling out the t-stat a little later to see where that gets me.
-zak

ps this is the most BALLIN' SHIT EVAR!!!

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Good to hear Zak. You're brave. biggrin.gif
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

RFL85CRXSI

• The Martinsburg Intimidator!
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1985 Honda Civic CRX Si ,'85 Honda Civic CRX DX, '02 Ford Crown Victoria Police Crusier, '94 Chevy S-10 LS1 (Haul'n AsS-10), '98 Plymouth Breeze 2.4T
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (zakats @ Aug 28 2006, 02:02 PM)
slider thing? I have 900rr carbs so I believe they are either the same but with bigger jets or have larger throttles and jets. I believe the bore size was something like 34mm or 36mm. what part number is listed on ur carbs? I cant find much of any info on them anywhere.

The water port is completely sealed off so I will have to seal off a port on the water neck I believe.

does your carb setup have the fuel return line as well? I'm not sure what I'm going to do about that one :-X I might be forced to run my electric pump because of that and use the return line from the stock setup as my return from the carb. Do you have the swinging bowl vent(?) in the center next to the throttle arm as well? also I am pretty lost as to why the chokes open up only when positive pressure is applied to that bowl vent...I dont think thats a bowl vent though....?!!?

do you have the little spring'd little piston things on the top, exit side of the carbs? I cant figure out their purpose

I was hoping you'd get those 900rr carbs u showed me that way we could have same/similar setups and could be more help on tuning for eachother.

I think some of this will be revealed over time or figured out soon enough just gotta get down to it.....
-zak

Honestly, I dont know jack shit about these... I do know that they are Keihin, and came off of a '94 CBR 600F2, and they have ( I belive) a 32mm bore.
As of right now, I am still in the stage of the whole manifold BS, I was going to take it over to my dad's to cut and weld, but I had to work late...
Congrats on getting it to work! (I really want my new carbs on so I DONT have to smell gas when i'm driving!!!)

Suck my SOHC!
Im the VTAC sauze on your Honda Burger!

jjamiemmark

• Spit pop bang
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86 CRX,91 CRX SI
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (zakats @ Aug 29 2006, 11:15 AM)
OMFG!!!!! ITS SOOOOOO MUCH FASTER I CAN'T UFCNKIG BELIEVE IT!!! I went through second gear SO much faster, I wish my speedometer was working so I could see my acceleration to 30 or 50 but....
I had to wrap it up kinda short because the temp was starting to shoot up, I gotta play around with coolant a while to see what I can do about that. I might have to TAP into my coolant port and use a hollow, threaded bolt to put in there for my coolant unless someone can couch for that not being an issue. I have several theories- bad IM gasket(I did re use my 4 month old one that was kinda solid) leaking the egr into the water port, Bag HG(doubt but would be cool to throw on the SI head!), or just didnt completely fill the rad up well enough or something like that...
Im gona try pulling out the t-stat a little later to see where that gets me.
-zak
ps this is the most BALLIN' SHIT EVAR!!!

it might be runnin lean....
05192012083.jpg

zakats

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
we'll seeeee!

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 crx ,98 malibu ,90 hatch,87 hatch trailer,87 legend,95 dodge neon,90 civic sedan SE
    • Image Gallery
right on that makes like 3 or four guys that got it working good on the cars smile.gif so what kinda fuel pump and regulator did you use ??????and couldent someone use a stock cam ran fuel pump and regulate that instead of running a new pump cause dont these bike carbs run at 3 or 4 pound anyways and the stock one is about that right i think it would work just fine

Edited by phatboycrxhf, 29 August 2006 - 11:00 PM.

My Webpage
(quote by RareCrx)HAVE A MADD TYTE DIGGITY DOGG ,BUBBLES SPRAYIN ON THE INTERCOOLER, poopin ON A 8 SECOND CHEVELLE WITH MY MINI-ME SWAP DAY..

zakats

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
stock for the cycle carbs is something like 1 or 2.
YES I am using the stock Fuel pump and NO regulator. so far so good.
I think a few more than that have gotten em working...right?

Im reeely thinking I'll put my SI head on and then I will use the electric pump I have along with a regulator(probably) unless I just 'T' It off at with the return line under the hood as to supply whatever needed and the rest will recirc, I think that'd work pretty well.
of course that Is unless I go super cheapo j00la and use the DX cam....gas milage?!
-zak

zakats

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
Honestly, I dont know jack shit about these... I do know that they are Keihin, and came off of a '94 CBR 600F2, and they have ( I belive) a 32mm bore.
As of right now, I am still in the stage of the whole manifold BS, I was going to take it over to my dad's to cut and weld, but I had to work late...
Congrats on getting it to work! (I really want my new carbs on so I DONT have to smell gas when i'm driving!!!)

take em apart and remember where it all goes, thats what i did.... well rly I just pulled the covers off, be careful with the plastic tops, the whole assy will come off with it so mind where it goes! i pulled the covers off and got an idea.

I can tell you what hoses do what and how they should be mounted as far as angle(which u already know) along with what I did to fit everything on.

pm me or gimme a call
-zak

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 crx ,98 malibu ,90 hatch,87 hatch trailer,87 legend,95 dodge neon,90 civic sedan SE
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (zakats @ Aug 29 2006, 11:32 PM)
stock for the cycle carbs is something like 1 or 2.
YES I am using the stock Fuel pump and NO regulator. so far so good.
I think a few more than that have gotten em working...right?

Im reeely thinking I'll put my SI head on and then I will use the electric pump I have along with a regulator(probably) unless I just 'T' It off at with the return line under the hood as to supply whatever needed and the rest will recirc, I think that'd work pretty well.
of course that Is unless I go super cheapo j00la and use the DX cam....gas milage?!
-zak

oh i thought they ran at 3 to 4 but your not having any problems on stock ???thats good too hear smile.gif ihave and si head with a dx cam right now on my si block but just a word of advice it is a pain in the ass to get TDC with the dx cam if you go that route smile.gif you really need another set of hands for that one it allways tries to go one tooth advanced mad.gif took me like an hour to get it right laugh.gif but when i had it running it ran solid except for my bs i had to deal with with the carb acell pump sticking but anyways i got those bike carbs from lilneedle on the way and im going to try them out after i throw intake manifold together shouldent take me to long to make one i hope it all works out for you and cant wait too see more for your project

peace mitch

My Webpage
(quote by RareCrx)HAVE A MADD TYTE DIGGITY DOGG ,BUBBLES SPRAYIN ON THE INTERCOOLER, poopin ON A 8 SECOND CHEVELLE WITH MY MINI-ME SWAP DAY..

zakats

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
Update, I need to pull them off and take em apart to see if I clogged em up or something because its started to run shittier and shittier. it starts bogging more and more easily. I was thinking that it was because the mech pump wasnt doing the job or was pumping too much at 2-3.5k but that wasnt the case at all. I know I need to lock my dist timing and I will just as soon as someone can find me the how to thread since I cant fkin find it! So I am running the elect pump and all for now. I want to have some runners welded up since I think that'd make a lotta improvement but I gotta wait to find someone who welds aluminum. Damn I wish I had a beng grinder and a drill press....

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: R.I.P ~Honali~ 3G civic now drives Silver 86 Civic hatch
what is everyone using for a IM gasket?

i just pulled the IM off my parts car to get working on cleaning it up and cutting it down for a set of cbr 600F3's (i think thats right). anyway, i was just wondering if you guys just went out and bought a new gasket or made one.

oh, and do you think the cbr 600 f3's are too much carb for my little 1.3L? i ask because i'm looking at a set of those from ebay or a set of carbs from a KZ650 streetbike, the mikuni ones, i think 34 or 36mm.

i spose i could make my own intake mani with really short runners as i have access to everything i need to make it happen, its just... i havent welded in a very very long time (think highschool trades course welding class, i was one of 4 girls taking the course), so i'm going to try going it the cut stock mani route instead...

i am a huge chickenshit when it comes to welding, i was never very good at it. dry.gif sad.gif

Edited by JeepGirl, 26 September 2006 - 11:06 AM.

rprdotcom1cropped.gifRIPHonalicroppedsigpic.jpgAW1GMtu.jpgH4zO0Qb.jpg

zakats

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
I take it, its not a cvcc eng. so yeah go buy a new IM gasket, they're cheap. not sure if those carbs will be a bit much but I think it should be OK. they should mount a lot easier than since they are smaller. Just seems odd that you'll want ITC's on your 1.3. Im not saying it isnt worth it, I just think that investing in another engine would be more worth it since these will be pretty annoying to tune.

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: R.I.P ~Honali~ 3G civic now drives Silver 86 Civic hatch
no no, mine is cvcc. why? will i run into problems?

and no, no swap will be going in this car, the swap is going into the new one. this car will be getting a colt cams stage2 regrind, i was hoping to use ITC's, new intake for the itc's, new mandrel bent exhaust and locked timing. when the body finally craps out on the car the driveline will be transplanted into a 4X4 rock crawler buggy LIKE THIS or into a go-kart LIKE THIS but think of it with 8" of suspension travel like a quad with 2 seats and a roll cage.

by the way, in the gixxer video, check out the air filters he has on those ITC's.... might think about hunting down some of those!!!

rprdotcom1cropped.gifRIPHonalicroppedsigpic.jpgAW1GMtu.jpgH4zO0Qb.jpg