Looking For Pics Of Carb Filters Or Hats

• You cannot reply to this topic
62 replies to this topic

RFL85CRXSI

• The Martinsburg Intimidator!
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1985 Honda Civic CRX Si ,'85 Honda Civic CRX DX, '02 Ford Crown Victoria Police Crusier, '94 Chevy S-10 LS1 (Haul'n AsS-10), '98 Plymouth Breeze 2.4T
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage

Took a little longer than I though to post, lol.

Suck my SOHC!
Im the VTAC sauze on your Honda Burger!

84crx06

• 85crx06
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1985 crx
QUOTE (phatboycrxhf @ Aug 6 2006, 12:34 AM)

here is mine and the one i made for crxboi

crxbois hat on my carb

and one more of my intake and hat on the dodge shadow hood

um, how do you get the carb hat to stay attached to the carb?? cuz the carb has no bolt or screw for you to attach a wingnut or anything like that and you can't clamp it down. how do you do it. how did you make yours? could you send me some plans or something? I can make one out of metal or plastic.
thanks again. sure could use the help!!

crxboi

• Got Rice?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 1989 CR-X Ef8 RHD , 1993 CR-X DEL SOL EG2 RHD
QUOTE (84crx06 @ Sep 14 2006, 01:16 PM)
um, how do you get the carb hat to stay attached to the carb?? cuz the carb has no bolt or screw for you to attach a wingnut or anything like that and you can't clamp it down. how do you do it. how did you make yours? could you send me some plans or something? I can make one out of metal or plastic.

ok well there is a hold down bolt on top of carb when phatboy bade mine he drilled a hole threw the carb hat and the hold down bolt fits threw... but the wing nut does not fit so you need a 3/8 nut that futs on top so you spin it around and jeep it nice and snug! i keep a 3/8 wrench on my key chain cause when i want to run open carb any where i have the wrench there!!! cool.gif

jdeleur

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1987 civic HB and 92 civic sedan lowrider
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (jjamiemmark @ Jul 18 2006, 11:18 PM)
30  bucks at ct

Really love this look cool.gif
Do you feel any differences with engine reaction?

jjamiemmark

• Spit pop bang
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86 CRX,91 CRX SI
    Garage View Garage
YA IT makes a huge diffrence in the way the engine sounds under throttle,I took it out for a drive on sunday and could not belive the sound it made..I love it and it only cost 35,00 bucks. smile.gif
05192012083.jpg

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 crx ,98 malibu ,90 hatch,87 hatch trailer,87 legend,95 dodge neon,90 civic sedan SE
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (84crx06 @ Sep 14 2006, 01:16 PM)

well with mine it was made to fit really snug so there is no need for a bolt & nut but just like CRXBOI said for his after all i did drill a hole
and for plans there really isent any need for some laugh.gif all i did was take some pipe cut in half and weld together if you would like me to make you one i can smile.gif i just charge the cost of makeing and shipping
QUOTE (crxboi @ Sep 14 2006, 03:44 PM)
ok well there is a hold down bolt on top of carb when phatboy bade mine he drilled a hole  threw the carb hat and the hold down bolt fits threw... but the wing nut does not fit so you need a 3/8 nut that futs on top so you spin it around and jeep it nice and snug! i keep a 3/8 wrench on my key chain cause when i want to run open carb any where i have the wrench there!!!  cool.gif

huh i didnt no that the wing nut didnt fit we must have diffrent ones laugh.gif at least you got it to work

My Webpage
(quote by RareCrx)HAVE A MADD TYTE DIGGITY DOGG ,BUBBLES SPRAYIN ON THE INTERCOOLER, poopin ON A 8 SECOND CHEVELLE WITH MY MINI-ME SWAP DAY..

WickedClown

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 civic powwwah suck my SOHC
CRXBOI, is that filter and ram intake actually proven to make power .. i mean such a long ram tube would in theory make you loose power. i know that the Kw gain is only about 2-5 Kw from a direct filter on top of the carby it doesnt make sense to me why you would run a pod on a carby.
nice fabrication job tho and im not meaning to take the piss with the above^^
but wouldnt air induction through that ram tube cause the turbulance to be out of control potentially screwing up your jetting??
just a thought anyway

cheers
marcus

kamikaze_fish

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: '03 Nissan 350z, '06 Scion tC, 85 CRX, 85 Civic Hatchie
QUOTE (RFL85CRXSI @ Sep 2 2006, 10:39 PM)

Took a little longer than I though to post, lol.

That looks like a fake. Like a model or a toy or something. laugh.gif Looks good though. I think that's what I'll end up doing.
SAHCR-Saving Abused Hondas for Cleanup and Restoration - Founder
QUOTE(zakats)
my gosh thats like killing puppies and infants while burning flags all at the same time!!!!

user posted image

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 crx ,98 malibu ,90 hatch,87 hatch trailer,87 legend,95 dodge neon,90 civic sedan SE
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (WickedClown @ Nov 2 2006, 04:13 AM)
CRXBOI, is that filter and ram intake actually proven to make power .. i mean such a long ram tube would in theory make you loose power. i know that the Kw gain is only about 2-5 Kw from a direct filter on top of the carby it doesnt make sense to me why you would run a pod on a carby.
but wouldnt air induction through that ram tube cause the turbulance to be out of control potentially screwing up your jetting??
just a thought anyway

cheers
marcus

well i asumme you mean me when you say long ram tube and really i dont know yet laugh.gif i havent tried it out dry.gif since my car hasent ran long enough to take it for a spin laugh.gif but i dont think there will be a problem since all its taking in is cold air smile.gif

but i allso amd another where i use 2 short ram intakes so that might help

i guess ill have to wait and see tongue.gif

oh and thanks i like makeing these little things cool.gif and ive sold a few now i like seeing stuff ive made on other crx and civics

My Webpage
(quote by RareCrx)HAVE A MADD TYTE DIGGITY DOGG ,BUBBLES SPRAYIN ON THE INTERCOOLER, poopin ON A 8 SECOND CHEVELLE WITH MY MINI-ME SWAP DAY..

Sgt. Pepper

QUOTE (jjamiemmark @ Aug 13 2006, 11:55 PM)
sweet it will look great.somthin like this

linky to air filter build

That's the look I'm going for with my EW1, I'll post pics when I am done. I'm going with the K&N filter for mine. biggrin.gif
Adding power makes you faster in the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere. - Colin Chapman

stevo911_

• I'm Canadian, Eh?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 2000 Civc Ltd Edition w B16a swap
QUOTE (RFL85CRXSI @ Sep 2 2006, 07:39 PM)
...Took a little longer than I though to post, lol.

Whatd you do to get that one to fit if you didnt hack up the bottom of the frying pan thing?

RFL85CRXSI

• The Martinsburg Intimidator!
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 Honda Civic CRX Si ,'85 Honda Civic CRX DX, '02 Ford Crown Victoria Police Crusier, '94 Chevy S-10 LS1 (Haul'n AsS-10), '98 Plymouth Breeze 2.4T
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
All I did was change the hat. I went to Advanced Auto, bought a 10" Edelbroch air cleaner assembly for $30, and ordered a K&N filter through Summit Racing, and slapped them both on. No mods needed!

QUOTE (Sgt. Pepper @ Nov 6 2006, 03:08 AM)
That's the look I'm going for with my EW1, I'll post pics when I am done. I'm going with the K&N filter for mine. biggrin.gif

Like I told you before, go through Summit. They have pretty decent prices (got mine for about $30).
Cant wait to see the car next year biggrin.gif

Suck my SOHC!
Im the VTAC sauze on your Honda Burger!

crxboi

• Got Rice?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 1989 CR-X Ef8 RHD , 1993 CR-X DEL SOL EG2 RHD
QUOTE (WickedClown @ Nov 2 2006, 04:13 AM)
just a thought anyway

cheers
marcus

ya i noticed a little throtle responce and it seemed to pull a bit better, i recieved my intake from phatboycrxhf 2 weeks ago and installed it ill updat with some pics....

stevo911_

• I'm Canadian, Eh?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 2000 Civc Ltd Edition w B16a swap
QUOTE (RFL85CRXSI @ Nov 7 2006, 07:56 PM)
All I did was change the hat. I went to Advanced Auto, bought a 10" Edelbroch air cleaner assembly for $30, and ordered a K&N filter through Summit Racing, and slapped them both on. No mods needed!
Like I told you before, go through Summit. They have pretty decent prices (got mine for about $30).
Cant wait to see the car next year biggrin.gif

wicked, thanks i guess its gonna be the Edelbrock one for me. you wouldnt happen to have the part # by any chance do you?

WickedClown

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 civic powwwah suck my SOHC
im curious for the part number to .. that would be a big help if you can get it for that edelbrock filter housing smile.gif