K Swap Knowledge Dump

• You cannot reply to this topic
384 replies to this topic

CSPCRX

Big update last night from Brian.  The long awaited block adapter is done! This was the last part needed for the kit and was delayed due to a revision.  This new adapter is also going to be used in other swap kits HASport sells.

next steps is to place K20 and K24 in the car with the mounts now that we have all of them to ensure there are no issues.

Victor
86 K24 Powered CRX SI (SMF Solo2, HPDE-4 NASA & TA-A Time Attack

85 CRX DX totally original
07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

CSPCRX

Passenger side frame bracket has been revised as a result of the updated block adapter.  Hopefully we can test fit the new version soon

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

na-spirit

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86 Civic si. 01 Integra Type R

Any updates? thanks!

CSPCRX

Brain redesigned the block adapter bracket to use larger bolts.  He is going to use this bracket on several swaps now.  As a result the passenger side mount had to be changed.  Then the laser went down,  he is digging out now and his video this week said he hopes next week.

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

CSPCRX

Update:  motor is back in the car!  Brian worked on it yesterday and today.  He shared a photo on VTEC Academy earlier this evening.

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

CSPCRX

Spoke to Brian today.  The revised block adapter, with the larger bolts, did not change the vertical position of the motor.  It did also require a small change on the rear mount so he is tweaking that now.

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

CSPCRX

Saw photos of the revised mounts welded up.  All 3 mounts where fully welded and ready for final test install.

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

CSPCRX

Final testing today.  We finalized the rear mount today and test fitted a K24a2.

52007343689_28f0822da4_c.jpgUntitled by Victor M, on Flickr

52007150068_6a636f6039_c.jpgUntitled by Victor M, on Flickr

this is at the lower K24 height for the K24, means it hangs 3/4 inch lower than the K20.  Clears with only one modification to the hood.  Hood latch hook must be removed.  We also tested a K20 manifold and you would not have that issue with the K20 intake.

K24a2 can not be mounted at the K20 height without switching to the K20 intake and skinning the hood structure.  Since mounts are finalized now Brian is going finalize production elements and get some sets made.  We are going to start on my car in the next week or two.

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

CSPCRX

Brian had the mounts on the show tonight and talked about next steps!

so close!

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

na-spirit

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 Civic si. 01 Integra Type R

I'm ready to order!  So hood pins will be needed even if I use a shorter intake manifold on the k24? 

I'm also going to try the 91 crx hubs instead of trying to find 86/87 knuckles, I'll show that process when it comes time.

This will be a big achievement for me if I can actually pull off this swap with no help besides asking questions online/research..

Going to document my crazy struggle to help other beginner mechanics like myself. I want to know it all.. but need the experience. Best way to do that with this swap.

CSPCRX

Pins are needed k20 or k24.  The latch hits all the manifolds we tried.

plan is to pull my B16 out in the next week or so.  Then do a video series on how the swap the 84-87s.

also working up a hydro clutch conversion that has the master cylinder on the pedal assembly.  Just purchased an assembly off of eBay so we can mock it all up in advance of the swap.  There is a conversion for sale on eBay but the guy wants $250 for a bracket and some instructions.  Seems a bit steep!

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

Jesus2088

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: 85 Crx Si, 2022 Gr86
What intake manifold would be recommended to use for the k24

CSPCRX

It really depends on what your looking for out of the motor.  How do you use the car it’s going in and will it stay as a K24a or will it be a K24a block with K20 head?

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

Jesus2088

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: 85 Crx Si, 2022 Gr86

It really depends on what your looking for out of the motor.  How do you use the car its going in and will it stay as a K24a or will it be a K24a block with K20 head?

I currently have a RBB manifold that I want to use and I ordered a intake manifold adapter to be able to use it. Was just wondering if I should use the stock intake manifold from the k24 or go with the rbb

CSPCRX

Do you have a K24 from an Accord?

I am staying with the RBB on mine.  I did send the K24 Accord cable TB and my RBB manifold to King Motorsports to have the ported to 64mm.  I am staying with the RBB to keep the torque that is lost by other manifolds on the K24.

took everything over to Brian’s house today.

52041370206_c3dc285194_c.jpgUntitled by Victor M, on Flickr

Running CRX, K24a on the nose and had trans plus a bunch of other parts in the bed.  We are staring on Wednesday.  Going to pull the B16 and prep the car for the K24a2.

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily