• You cannot reply to this topic
288 replies to this topic

3rd gen sinner

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2016 Contributor
    • Drives: 15 Kia Sorento, 86 Civic
    Garage View Garage

Alright lets bring this Ghost back from the dead.

I grew up in Savannah Ga, supposedly one of the most haunted places in the country. I'm not one that is easily spooked and I have never really experienced any ghostly phenomena. I worked in the historic district where there were catacombs that ran beneath the city. Most of these catacombs have been sealed off and businesses use them as basements or as an additional floor. While one day I was running wiring for a sound system in an area that had recently been opened back up for extension and renovation. I had the uneasy feeling come over me, all of the hair on my body stood up, and something told me to I needed to exit the area. After a few, I had a coworker come down to assist me, probably because I'm a scared little kid.lol A few weeks later, I discovered this area was also used as a paranormal investigation for a ghost hunter style show. I have been back in this establishment several times, but never again in the lower levels. 

Another "experience" I had was at the one of the last standing plantations in Savannah. Driving down the 3 mile long drive, you pass many of the cotton fields and the blue shacks that the slaves were housed. While working in the basement of the big house. I felt that same uneasy feeling that made me not want to be there. I quickly finished my work while trying not focus on this feeling. I have never been back to this location. 

Although these might be true "Ghost Stories". These are the closet I came to experiencing such a thing. 

Lets see if we can keep this going again.

Sinub

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 2012 Civic Si, 1987 Crx Si
    Garage View Garage

So one day I was sitting in my car just listening to music before I got out of my car and decided to go inside my home. It was late at night, probably 1am. Just enjoying sitting in my 1G Crx like any other day. Just as I was about to open the door I heard a loud bang from underneath my car from my gas tank area. Mind you my car had already been off and parked for about 15 minutes. Wait this isn't a ghost story, this is true! This hasn't been the only time. I occasionally hear some bangs from my gas tank. Perhaps a ghoul or spirit is trying to get out of there. Ah who am I kidding. It has to be a venting problem. I'm actually finally going to do something about it. I'm changing the two way fuel vent that goes on top of the gas tank and probably change out the charcoal canister if that doesn't work. Last thing I could try is a simple gas cap. 

PuddleSkipper

• Ecomodder/Hypermiler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 89 Civic LX, 00 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 84 Civic 1500S (R.I.P.), 85 Wagovan (R.I.P.), 84 Civic GL (R.I.P.)

Lol, I wouldn't mind that problem! I had a gas tank venting problem where the only way to fill my gas tank was to have your hand barely on the trigger. In Oregon it's not legal to pump your own gas, which is just dumb, but many a times the gas attendant would barely fill my tank because I was probably more hassle than what I was worth and would claim that the car was filled because it kept tripping the trigger to shut off. Mine was my fault, I attempted to replace the curved rubber vent hose at the back of the tank with a piece of straight hose which kinked. I fixed the problem by replacing the bend in the rubber hose with a metal line (not sure if it was steel or copper) and using pieces of the straight rubber hose for "couplers" like on PVC pipe. I have attempted to clean the charcoal canister but have ended up with the same results down the road, there are several sites for other vehicles on how to rebuild these, most of it is just replacing the charcoal with the charcoal you get for aquariums. Here's a write up for a jeep, man it sure would be cool if the peppers had a write up for their charcoal canisters :nudge, nudge: ........ :D

http://www.ifsja.org...ad.php?t=174213

Sinub

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 2012 Civic Si, 1987 Crx Si
    Garage View Garage

Charcoal canisters don't seem hard to come by here in Southern California. I still haven't gone around to change that two way valve on top of the gas tank, but I will get to it soon. As for filling up my gas tank, I don't have any issues while filling up. I can hold the trigger normally and it always fills up.