Remember This? 1 Year Anniversary!.......

• You cannot reply to this topic
46 replies to this topic

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Sad news for me.. MY CRX IS DEAD

This morning my brother and I were working on my crx putting a fuel pressure regulator on, we had a leak when we turned on the key and gas soaked everywhere, we fixed the leak but my brother set The wrench on the battery and it sparked, causing it to ignite a bunch of rags on fire on the ground that were soaked with fuel. Before we noticed ,it was too late. The fire had spread too quickly and had no fire extinguisher present, we got my family out and had enough time to shut of electricity and the gas main outside..

My crx is in the garage melted into oblivion , my brothers truck got toasted (the keys were on the ground next to my crx so we could not move it) . my suv was also outside next to his truck..

will post more pics shortly after the department gets its "investigation" over... RIP CRX... at least everyone is ok thats the main concern..

WE have to stay 100 ft away until the house is deemed safe..

Edited by RARECRX, 01 April 2008 - 01:52 PM.

Giltaran

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86 CRX Si, EW4, Stock as I can make her.
There are no words. But I'm saying it anyway. It is good that everyone got out okay - everything can be replaced, it just sucks. Sorry you have to experience this.

1stGenRex

• Easily Amused....
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
HOLY FUCKING SHIT DUDE!!!!

there are no words to describe how much that sucks!!!!
1GRPhotography
MySpace
I'ma in the Carburetion Nation

85supersleeper

• am i still in the slow lane???
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 1985 Honda Civic sedan
i send my condolences. what a horrible event. =( this is truly a sad day.

icebox187

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
i almost cried reading this.... hope to see you get back into the oneG's someday man, sorry to hear
grimms mom

Sgt. Pepper

ohmy.gif OMG! Dude, that sucks! Glad everyone is safe. Sorry this happened to you, hopefully life can return to normal asap. Let us know if you need anything.
Adding power makes you faster in the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere. - Colin Chapman

604_Crx

• My car is older than i am...
  • PipPip
Really sucks man, again words cannot be help in this situation, but its good that everyone is alright.

down4ce

unsure.gif Damn dude I'm really sorry to hear this. I know you know this but again the important thing is that your loved one's are safe. I hope things work out and go in your favor once things settle down, I'm sure they will. You had one of the cleanest first gens I've ever seen and you can remain proud about that you took good care of it unlike a lot of people out there beating them to a pulp and then hauling them to junkyards. Were all here for you, thats for sure.... TT

EuphoricBlue

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
This is horrible! I have no words for a scene like this. I am so sorry for your loss. It's good that everyone's unhurt, though.

I'm amazed at the destruction here. I couldn't imagine the fire would be so intense to burn the trucks outside! >_>

bobdragster

• Without 無限Limit
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1980 Honda Prelude
    Garage View Garage
Oh god... I see the bumper hanging out of the garage.... slowly painfully dying.... Good thing your family is safe.

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1985 crx ,98 malibu ,90 hatch,87 hatch trailer,87 legend,95 dodge neon,90 civic sedan SE
    • Image Gallery
I call BS does anyone relise what day it is today ?????? APRIL FIRST i hope this is what this is ,but if not i feel like a ass and im sorry for your lose and glad your all ok

but i still thin its BS

My Webpage
(quote by RareCrx)HAVE A MADD TYTE DIGGITY DOGG ,BUBBLES SPRAYIN ON THE INTERCOOLER, poopin ON A 8 SECOND CHEVELLE WITH MY MINI-ME SWAP DAY..

1stGenRex

• Easily Amused....
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (phatboycrxhf @ Apr 1 2007, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I call BS does anyone relise what day it is today ?????? APRIL FIRST i hope this is what this is ,but if not i feel like a ass and im sorry for your lose and glad your all ok

but i still thin its BS

i didnt even think of that
1GRPhotography
MySpace
I'ma in the Carburetion Nation

ibcnya

• HNFTuning
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: his girlfriend crazy
That really sux man... and i loved your rex so much. Glad youre all Ok though. This is why i always keep my battery plenty far frm the car when messing with gas lines. Were you able to save anything....or is the rex a total loss. Sux bad man... sad.gif

bobdragster

• Without 無限Limit
  • PipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (1stGenRex @ Apr 1 2007, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i didnt even think of that

Good call phatboyicantspell

bobdragster

• Without 無限Limit
  • PipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
Holy crap it WAS an APRIL FOOLS!!! the date on the pictures(at the host site) is 05-Nov-2004 08:36 . And how would he post it if he didnt have a computer.... LOLS nice one etmydst.

Edited by bobdragster, 01 April 2007 - 07:19 PM.