114 replies to this topic

redsautorehab

• 3gen enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    • Drives: 00 Dodge Durango, 01 Ford F250, 99 Chevy Tracker, 82 suzuki rm250
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
sedan hood is different, and he hasn't had enough ppl requesting them, is wat i was told

also, one piece is very difficult, due to the design of the header panel
"You play hard to get, I play hard to get rid of" Fez, That 70's Show

my website if you need parts for your car, and i don't have them at on my website, just pm me. I can get most of the common parts for our cars.

my vouch thread

chedda_j

• Lives to modify
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1986 Honda Civic 2.2L LSD, Acura TL Aspec
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (86dxmechanic @ Jan 26 2006, 12:36 AM)
sedan hood is different, and he hasn't had enough ppl requesting them, is wat i was told

what a jew job. well i want one. so

Sedan hood

1.chedda-J

10395168_748294558578686_901304337744719

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic Si, 1991 Civic Si, 2001 Saab 9-3, 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero, 2003 Honda Pilot, 2009 Ducati Monster 696
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (chedda_j @ Jan 26 2006, 02:43 AM)
QUOTE (86dxmechanic @ Jan 26 2006, 12:36 AM)

what a jew job. well i want one. so

Sedan hood

1.chedda-J

stupid canadians can't read... heheheee.
1986 Civic Si; b16a is in.. just gotta get it running..
longest swap ever..... :(

mesean13

• Ohne Scheiss.Somewhere in Germany.
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87'civicsi (ZC1)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
How is it packaged and can you send it U.S. Postal Priority? I want one sent to my APO address but I don't know if it will make it without damage. Kakabox sent me a sunroof and it was completely destroyed.
Let me know.
Think before you speak, learn before you think, listen so that you may learn to think before speaking a bunch of shit!

No fried rice please!

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (mesean13 @ Jan 26 2006, 02:55 PM)
How is it packaged and can you send it U.S. Postal Priority? I want one sent to my APO address but I don't know if it will make it without damage. Kakabox sent me a sunroof and it was completely destroyed.
Let me know.

It is packaged really well, but I can't ship these via USPS. They are too big.

Marcus

mesean13

• Ohne Scheiss.Somewhere in Germany.
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87'civicsi (ZC1)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
It is packaged really well, but I can't ship these via USPS. They are too big.

Marcus

[/quote]
sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif
Think before you speak, learn before you think, listen so that you may learn to think before speaking a bunch of shit!

No fried rice please!

C8V6C

Yeah, you cant go over a certain amount of inches in the demensions....so even though the hood doesnt weight much, you cant ship it since its too big smile.gif

Bump for some activity

844b096b-9fda-4214-b621-217bc4a6dce1.jpg

1986civicsi

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: CRX w/d16 - HP CRX- 73 & 86 si projects
    Garage View Garage
How many orders have you got so far?

mindlessracing

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 05 gmc sierra; 97 teg h22 turbo; 87 crx hf; 90 300zx tt
    • Image Gallery
usps is a total of 108 inches
ups is "i think" 130 inches
don't know about fedex but pretty damn big

these should be able to ship fedex without getting damaged, the total inches is around the box then the height.

ya keep us updated on how many orders ya have so far. thanks.
user posted image

Camsshaft

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 90 fulldrag CRX/86sihatch/89toyotatruck
fuck it count me in 4 1 cf bump. thats pretty ridiculous 4 the price that he cant make a header panel/hood 1 piece. i might just go talk to this really good glass guy i know and see what he says. its not like its a complicated part or anything.

oldschoolimport

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 2005 Subaru Legacy GT, 1986 civic si, 1990 civic wagon. 1979 civic 1200
QUOTE (Camsshaft @ Jan 31 2006, 02:00 AM)
fuck it count me in 4 1 cf bump. thats pretty ridiculous 4 the price that he cant make a header panel/hood 1 piece. i might just go talk to this really good glass guy i know and see what he says. its not like its a complicated part or anything.

the problem is with the front points of the fenders. the crx fender goes straight forward to the headlight, with the header panel being flat on the side. the hatch fender stops at the trailing edge of the header panel, and the header panel wraps down to the side marker.
wes g.

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (oldschoolimport @ Jan 31 2006, 02:55 PM)

the problem is with the front points of the fenders. the crx fender goes straight forward to the headlight, with the header panel being flat on the side. the hatch fender stops at the trailing edge of the header panel, and the header panel wraps down to the side marker.

This is correct....I might be able to drop the price a little, but need to get some people for sure on board first.....

Email me to get on the contact list!

[email protected]!

Marcus

Airgazm86

• Ungawa!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: '86 Std. hatchback, '06 Mitsu EVO IX SE, '15 Mitsu Lancer EVO X FE
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
thats pretty ridiculous 4 the price that he cant make a header panel/hood 1 piece. its not like its a complicated part or anything.

Have you actually looked at how the header panel meets the hood? Have you ever taken off your header panel? All that's there is a gaping hole and a radiator...nothing really worth showing off. biggrin.gif I think a one-piece hood/header panel would be flimsy because the stock header panel is held on by eight or 10 bolts....eliminating these wouldn't be very safe. Also, the grill attaches to the header panel, so those points would have to be built into the mold...which would ultimately require more time and money.

DSMTimeline.jpg

Camsshaft

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 90 fulldrag CRX/86sihatch/89toyotatruck
structural integrity has nothing to do w/it. its because the hood latch would have to be relocated and completely changed. and yes i have taken 1 off before.I'm on my 3rd si
hatch and have heavily modified all 3. I was merely stating that its not a difficult job to
make the mold or part, and changing it for what little more it would need to add the header panel would not be alot more work. The price is steep for the part.But either way
u know us die hards r still going to want em!!!

redsautorehab

• 3gen enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 00 Dodge Durango, 01 Ford F250, 99 Chevy Tracker, 82 suzuki rm250
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
in order for it to look decent, he would also have to make fenders to match the one-piece, or you would have to mod the fenders yourself, to cover the hole.

if you are intent on the one-piece design, i'm sure you could get a local fg guy to make them for you, however i believe you would pay considerably more. building a mold without an original part to match exactly is very difficult if you want the same quality that marcus will provide
"You play hard to get, I play hard to get rid of" Fez, That 70's Show

my website if you need parts for your car, and i don't have them at on my website, just pm me. I can get most of the common parts for our cars.

my vouch thread