What If Honda...

• You cannot reply to this topic
7 replies to this topic

EuphoricBlue

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
So, people were saying some stuff abbout the Fit...

Well I thoght, "What if Honda..."

ph34r.gif

Edited by EuphoricBlue, 22 July 2005 - 10:54 PM.

nature223

• Yeah,Im the guy who stuffed the GEICO Gecko up Barnie's ass.
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1985 CRX Si(manual),1995 Del Sol Si ,2005 Honda CR-V,Wife's 2006 CR-V(all the others are auto tran's)
[quote=EuphoricBlue,Jul 22 2005, 10:50 PM]
So, people were saying some stuff abbout the Fit...

ohmy.gif blink.gif ohmy.gif blink.gif ohmy.gif blink.gif ohmy.gif blink.gif ohmy.gif blink.gif ohmy.gif blink.gif ohmy.gif blink.gif ohmy.gif

[FONT=Courier][SIZE=14][COLOR=red]
WERE NOT WORTHY,..... WERE NOT WORTHY.....GADS,I'd almost sell MINE to get that hot looking booger.
Now if we can ONLLLLLY talk HONDA INTO STUFFING THAT NIFTY 200HP 2.0 liter in there from the RSX-S

Saw one I think MUGEN put together.....wicked fast,and LOOKED exactly like the "JDM MOM MOBILE" that the REAL Fit is
man a TWO door FIT..whew,can you say ALMOST a NEWER Rex???
lose the back seat,and lighten it as much as possible,then we'll talk...Ya LISTENING HONDA??????? wink.gif
oh yeah,faster AND furious..Heh Heh Heh

better to be thought the fool..
rather then to open one's mouth and confirm it

use may include risk factors these include;anal leakage,oily discharge,copious flatulence,bloating,incontinence,erectile dysfunction,body rejecting genitals,a racing or severely diminished heart rate/including death. discontinue use if health insurance ends,or patient turns blue and doctor leaves after declaring patient has died...your results may vary

1g Supremacy

210~hp from the '05 RSX. tongue.gif

But they won't. There's no way in hell something that small with that much power would make it into the US and stay light enough to gain anything from the power.

bigk3000

• 1337 5h17
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 84 Civic Hatch 1500 S with D16A1 blacktop
    • Image Gallery
i bet it ways twice as much as our cars.. or more
EXPLOSIVO!
84 Civic Hatchback 1500S-w/ d16 blacktop :P
86 Nissan 300zx GLL

user posted image

SportInjectedClub
user posted image

EuphoricBlue

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
huh.gif I think some people may be getting the wrong idea... The way some people reply makes it seem you think it actually exists...

It's a mear photochop I did...

I was just wondering if anyone would buy it if Honda was to put out a CRX based on the Fit platform as the possibility was hypothisized in another thread.

Now things like "it ways more" shouldn't be taken into consideration. Because, let's face it, with the curent safty standards it's almost imposible to put out a car in the same wheight range as the 1g/3g without it being one of 'em mosqito cars like the Smart.

Lets take a base that is roughly comprable to the 3G. The 2005 Mini Cooper. It is a 1.6L I4, with comprable dimentions. The thing has a curb weight of 2,524 lbs. So, it's clear to me that ANY revision of the CRX or the Civic Hatch can be expected to be in the 2400-2800 range. That's just a fact of life, so let's not stress to much over it.

The reason I used a Mini is to show that it's not just Honda making cars heavy, it's the standards that are forcing the wheight.

1g Supremacy

i bet it ways twice as much as our cars.. or more

With over twice the power of a USDM Si, and close to 3 times the power of a USDM DX.

Unless Honda could make it light enough to harness that power, AND strong enough structurally to meet US safety standards, there's no hope.

bigk3000

• 1337 5h17
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 84 Civic Hatch 1500 S with D16A1 blacktop
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (EuphoricBlue @ Jul 23 2005, 09:31 AM)
I was just wondering if anyone would buy it if Honda was to put out a CRX based on the Fit platform

unfortionalty.. the next crx probably will be based on some ugly looking newer style honda sad.gif

those sneak peak pics of the 2006 civic are hidious.. imaging a crx based on that :S i think i saw some pics of a 06 crx too and it was pretty bad.

to think.... if honda came out with a decent looking, and decent performing crx next year i would probably go buy one.. till then i'll stick with my beaters
EXPLOSIVO!
84 Civic Hatchback 1500S-w/ d16 blacktop :P
86 Nissan 300zx GLL

user posted image

SportInjectedClub
user posted image

nature223

• Yeah,Im the guy who stuffed the GEICO Gecko up Barnie's ass.
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1985 CRX Si(manual),1995 Del Sol Si ,2005 Honda CR-V,Wife's 2006 CR-V(all the others are auto tran's)
Ahhh EX-squeeze me..isnt the NEW INSIGHT..basically a 3 G with better aero effects..and ISNT it basically a HF with a 3 cylindar,and MISERLY attitude with the Electric assist??
it weighs.....ONLY (kg) 838....... 2326Lbs
WITH the battery pack in it's ass,and the 4 STAR rating on every angle of attack in accident simulations and EXCELLENT roll over protection...it is a worker in that regard.it IS safe..big time.
and it's slicker then hell aerodynamically;Coefficient of drag: 0.25.
now if it HAD 210 HP..and better tires...man it would flat out SMOKE most other cars in it's segment.
but honda aint happy with the miserable sales numbers, they get selling them new.
if they can sell 800 UNITS(!!!!!) a year,it's a good year.
the CIVIC HYBRID sedan outsells it easially..it just isnt a practical car for most families,they need the cargo room and extra seats.
Now I've own a commuter mobile( A corolla;small 4 door sedan,ok gas mileage)....why would I buy another,which the market segment that the INSIGHT fits into....why?
maybe it's because it IS small,city perfect,and it gets EXCELLENT gas mileage in stop and go traffic..that is WHY honda built them in the FIRST place..Tokyo traffic,the worst on the planet....that and $4.oo-5.oo or more dollar a gallon fuel costs...not so much highway driving as the electric assist is decent enough to fart from stop light to stop light..with a little engine assistance every so often.
I worked at a Honda dealership when they first came out,Salesman told me that the major buyers were the wannabe treehugger naturalists AKA the "dirty foot girls"/"furry legged ones",and NOT the commuters.
guess they ran out of dirty footers....
they DO make a nice racer if you were to strip out the non needed econo craptastic over complicated techno babbles,and hang a real set of wheels on em.
they do handle ok..but the over thin/hard/not sticky hard ass tire compound fights you.
essentially they do have the attribute of being veryyyyy much a "shelf car"
utilising pre-existing parts on a newer car.
the Front BRAKE rotars are EXACTLY the same as the 1 G CRX uses.
food for thought,but a one liter 3 cylindar aint gonna cut it.
besides..you got a case of 0-20 MOTOR Oil setting around??
that's what these little boogers require..damn near crisco..to keep them from slogging too much viscosity about.

2005 Honda Insight Performance & Efficiency Standard Features
-995 cc 1 liters in-line 3 front engine with 72 mm bore, 81.5 mm stroke, 10.8 compression ratio, overhead cam, variable valve timing/camshaft and four valves per cylinder
-Unleaded fuel with additional electric 87
-Fuel economy EPA highway (mpg): 66 and EPA city (mpg): 61
-Multi-point injection fuel system
-10.6 gallon main unleaded fuel tank
-Power: 54 kW , 73 HP SAE @ 5,700 rpm; 79 ft lb , 107 Nm @ 1,500 rpm
-Secondary power: maximum power (kw): 10, maximum power (hp): 14, maximum torque (ft lb): 36 and maximum torque (nm): 49

FWIW..mannn,you gotta send that photo you worked up to honda in japan...give some food for thought.
that is a FLAWLESS interpretation of the way a new one SHOULD look..
Im droolin already..that is bad ass.

Edited by nature223, 23 July 2005 - 11:59 PM.

oh yeah,faster AND furious..Heh Heh Heh

better to be thought the fool..
rather then to open one's mouth and confirm it

use may include risk factors these include;anal leakage,oily discharge,copious flatulence,bloating,incontinence,erectile dysfunction,body rejecting genitals,a racing or severely diminished heart rate/including death. discontinue use if health insurance ends,or patient turns blue and doctor leaves after declaring patient has died...your results may vary