K Swap Knowledge Dump

• You cannot reply to this topic
385 replies to this topic

CSPCRX

Little work this weekend.  

shortened the fuel feed line from the hard line to the filter.  Was about a 1/4in too long and didn’t like how it looked or laid.  I also put a heat resistant sleeve over the fuel return line.  Probably going to do the feed line as well since the header is right below these lines, but order the wrong size shrink sleeves for it.

Also installed the speed gauge speed box and cable.  The three foot cable was a perfect length for the mounting point I found on the passenger side of the car.  Will be up and out of the way of passengers feet but also near the ECU wiring so connecting into the signal from the Transmission Speed Sensor will be easy.

we also finalized the radiator mounting brackets.  Going to use these as templates to make a new set, as these are a bit scared up from all the small tweaks made along the way.  

plan is next Friday to start working on the clutch hydraulic conversion.  Getting so close I can almost hear it running! 

Victor
86 K24 Powered CRX SI (SMF Solo2, HPDE-4 NASA & TA-A Time Attack

85 CRX DX totally original
07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

rufusbob

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 2016 Accord, ‘87 CRX Si (2 - neither running), ‘60’s Vettes (2), ‘67 911S, '70 914-6, '95 F150.
    Garage View Garage
Super psyched! Got word today Hasport shipped my AFK kit!
Bob

CSPCRX

Excellent!

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

na-spirit

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 Civic si. 01 Integra Type R

Excited for you csp! looking forward to your first start up :)

great news rufus! I ordered my kit back on the 9th.. Looks like we will be swapping our cars at same time! Well I have to refresh suspension parts/brakes first... probably wise ha

Also got my k24a on the way from HMO.. yesss . Was 1324 shipped total for long block if your going through hmo also.

Edited by na-spirit, 22 September 2022 - 08:16 PM.

CSPCRX

Had the day off today so worked on a hydro conversion for the peddle assembly.  This was the first run at it.  We are going to use this as a starting point.  Basically this was a Hush Racing bracket that I cut up to see if I could make it work.  Now we know what changes are needed to make it better.  Using a Toyota master, it’s very small and compact.

52380135295_b32118b388_c.jpgUntitled by Victor M, on Flickr

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2018 Contributor
    • Drives: 9 crx's: #1 228k 87si beater, #2 concours 25K, #3 108K 87si, #4 98K parts car, #5 213K 87si parts car, #6 84 straman, #7 86si 150k #8 67k parts #9 129K si for straman conversion
is the toyota booster something i could swap into a stock si!

nice project. very meticulous!!
Keepin' it OEM

CSPCRX

I am not sure if the Toyota brake boost works in our cars.  Have not heard of that one.

I thought someone said the S2000 booster works in our cars.

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

CSPCRX

Part one of the video series is up.

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

rufusbob

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 2016 Accord, ‘87 CRX Si (2 - neither running), ‘60’s Vettes (2), ‘67 911S, '70 914-6, '95 F150.
    Garage View Garage
Very cool video Victor. The change from B to K is an amazing improvement.

Edited by rufusbob, 06 October 2022 - 01:33 AM.

Bob

CSPCRX

I still remember how blown away I was going from the EW3 to the B16.  It’s going to be a huge jump to the K24!

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

CSPCRX

Slow progress on things between shop getting hit with a rash of Covid-19 cases and travel.  Worked on the hydro conversion yesterday.  We think we have enough to build a first prototype and test it in the coming weeks.

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

rufusbob

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    Garage View Garage
Stay safe & healthy Victor. Good luck with work on the clutch conversion.
Bob

CSPCRX

Thanks!  Use lots of hand sanitizer and wash my hands a lot!

we went and measured the ratio on several peddle assemblies to get an idea of where the hole will need to be on the AF assembly.  This is the kind of stuff Brian things of, makes it fun to be able to work on this project with him.  Also makes me understand why his kits are always so good.

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

rufusbob

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    Garage View Garage

… This is the kind of stuff Brian things of, makes it fun to be able to work on this project with him.  Also makes me understand why his kits are always so good.

Cool. Boils down to two words … “Experience matters”
Bob

CSPCRX

Hybrid racing released a new K Swap shifter cable.  It’s a few inches shorter than the RSX cables that are usually used in K swaps.  Great news for the AF and EF chassis.  Less snaking of the cables means fewer bends which results in easier and smoother shifts.

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily