• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
because.. everyones got riced out 2nd gens.. thats to easy on me... wink.gif

rexsk8er

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: '86 CRX d16a1 hf (RIP), '86 civic hatch ls (DD)
    • Image Gallery
poor car sad.gif

jjamiemmark

• Spit pop bang
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86 CRX,91 CRX SI
    Garage View Garage
it looks like you just spray painted your lines with blue paint what did you take off too paint?????some tape and paper will go a long way and yse poor car.
05192012083.jpg

Richard

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: NZDM? 85' Civic Hatch LX- D16A1,92 Toyota Soarer Big Single and a Bunch of Other Stuff
QUOTE (david21ky @ Mar 20 2006, 09:01 AM)

"look boss ZEE PLANE! ZEE PLANE!"

Edited by Richard, 24 March 2006 - 12:36 AM.

jerfguy

• Computer nerd
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: Two tone black '85 CRX si: Kragen CAI + CF hood + D16a1 + rear seat + smoked corns + side markers + mudflaps.
    • Image Gallery
Damn good use of Bond to diss. Never seen that. Props. But come on guys. To each their own and hell least he's saving it from the rust.
QUOTE (1stGenRex @ Sep 25 2006, 08:54 PM)
I'd piss on her

QUOTE (JEFFtheJ00la @ Jun 16 2006, 01:39 PM)
you guys figured out my secret. i sell my ass for cash. i shake it at the butt-nekkid every night. *puts head down in shame*

QUOTE (JEFFtheJ00la @ Sep 26 2006, 08:46 PM)
lol. i hate to admit it but i wanted to grab his titty, it looked that good.

jjamiemmark

• Spit pop bang
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86 CRX,91 CRX SI
    Garage View Garage
bondo will absorb water its not water proof that is why thyey make short strand fiberglass filler, Water proof so it will never crack. so really puttin all that bondo on the rust wont help it at all. totale waste of time. sorry
05192012083.jpg

david21ky

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
pilot to base..pilot to base permission to LAND another update...

still have to sand thie and stuff.. but just to let u all know im not just USING bondo and bodyfiller just on this car so it will crack and pop everywhere i am actually using fiberglass to mold it together. anyplace where i think theres going to be a pop or crack i still put resin and some sheets of glass on it.. i use the REALLY THICK STUFF.. i get this stuff give to me. cause my uncle is liek a manager of starcraft boats and can get this stuff for me for nothing.. its all given to me.. and im gettin liek the BIG ROLLS of like 1.4 inch thick cloth and mat see check it out.

ANYWAYS... the back centerpiece taillight ive got put in and fixed.. and it aint budging so it went on QUITE NICELY.. and lined up good then i used 2 layers of that 1/4 inch glass matt to fill my gap up and once i sand this and get it smooth and get a can of chrome paint to match the altezzas to paint it on top it should look *ok*
i also glassed over the holes in the door where they used to be at. its raining today so i wont get to sand it off.. like i said about the bondo swelling up.. yes i know this.. and like i said its going to take time. but im working on it as gracefully as i can.

u all can keep downing me all u want... but i WILL keep posting update pics of this car

SilverRex-Bullet

• Nerd
  • PipPipPip
i think its pretty cool to see sum1 do new stuff to a 1g

my hats off to u man....

<----wishes he could glass like that

david21ky

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
got some new toys in today..i got these for 30 bucks off a boy that go o na MAZDA RX8 but for 30 bucks.. com'n that wasa steal. ill have to cut em in half prolly and fabricate em in.. but yeh should look good..

more pics as i roll on im off the next 2 days.... so im planning if the weather holds up.. ill work on here somemore.. im not goin to start on these until i get my tailights in.. just i dont wanna get to many irons in the fire.

jerfguy

• Computer nerd
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: Two tone black '85 CRX si: Kragen CAI + CF hood + D16a1 + rear seat + smoked corns + side markers + mudflaps.
    • Image Gallery
Like I have ben saying this whole time: To each there own; but those side skirts look nice. Can't wait to see what they will look like on the car. Good luck and keep up the work kid.
I'd piss on her

you guys figured out my secret. i sell my ass for cash. i shake it at the butt-nekkid every night. *puts head down in shame*

david21ky

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
ok so i got up this morning... and i figured id work a while on the sideskirts in my building... first off i had to CUT ALOT off them.. but these were ment for an RX8...sooo anyways u can tell i havent cut any off the passenger side yet...
RX8 on top
CRX on the bottom..

ok fittin them wasnt really a problem i had to take a dy-grinder and cut out some of the curves and lines... it actually went on pretty well and the lines of the sideskirts from it going from wider to narrower from back to front wasnt an issue either after i cut off the extra 10 inches i didnt need.

see look how well it went up in here..

LATER GUYS

jerfguy

• Computer nerd
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
lol I swear some times it hurts my head trying to read these posts.... It's like... I don't know... I put my pants on and then came to.... the computer... and read all the stuff... But least we know he's... still working on... it.
I'd piss on her

david21ky

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
ive done some stuff but not much.. i ordered my header off of summit racing to fir the 87 carborated car i just have to take off my cat and everything man i tell you what taking off the heat shroud that goes around that manifold is a BITCH. but i did get it.. AND IN THE RAIN TO... but its off im goin to proly take off the manifold and cat monday cause ive had to work the past 4 days sad.gif BUT yeh heres some pics i worked o nthe hood to.. BOY WAS IT WAVY.. it had really bad highspot i didnt know how else to fix them then takin a hammer and making them low spots then fillin em.. it turned out pretty good. the reason its blue with white under the blue paint is cause im givin myself a guide coat if u guys dont know what that is.. when i sand if the blue shows up afterwords i have a low spot if the white shows up i have a high spot. im looking just tomake it all blend all together.. i had to spray it on pretty fast today wheres it raining i jsut wanted to seal it off to keep it from gettin rusted. but enough talk heres pics.
also got my alternator off new one be here the 4th.. it was hard as hell gettin that thing off to...

THE HEAT SHROUD IS REMOVED.. i have to still take off the O2 sensor its tourqed down pretty good tho ill have to let someone stouter then me ring it off..

not really an update i just wanted you all to know im still hard at it o nthe rice rocket til next time LATERRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

hgca

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: soon to be a first gen
all I got to say is.... WOW.....

I am not a fan of rice either, but where I am from, alot of younger people turn 15, pick a car, and by the time they turn 16 it's back from the speed shop and the body shop and the car audio shop, and they get a riced out car with no iterior "to save weight" but a 400lb stereo system and a wing big enought to fly a 747.... with no work involved. Mommy and Daddy buy it all.

if that's the look your going for, I understand... not my cup of tea, but, OK.... smile.gif

it's just nice to see a young person work on there car. mad props, no matter what it turns out like.... P.S. my first car was a POS, and I worked on it ALOT, probably making it worse... smile.gif but it was an awsome learning experiance, and I know I wouldn't be where I am, doing what I am doing today, if I hadn't worked on "fixed, sometime broke" my own cars...

Edited by hgca, 03 April 2006 - 08:08 AM.

cburnscrx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 Honda CRX Si, 93 Honda Prelude VTEC, 92 Chevy Cheyenne 1500 WT, 96 GMC Suburban SLT 4x4, 98 Acura CL 2.3, 06 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL, 09 Maxima SV, 09 Acura TSX 2.4
Yea, I give the kid mad props yo for putting in all that time and work. Definitely not my cup of tea either, but oh well. Keep working man, and I am really curious to see how it turns out.