87 Project Car Underway 56k Be Warned

• You cannot reply to this topic
439 replies to this topic

1stGenRex

• Easily Amused....
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
i was thinking the same thing...i would have used fiberglass to fill something like that
1GRPhotography
MySpace
I'ma in the Carburetion Nation

david21ky

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
no actually.. BONDO will not stick to plastic.. which is why you use a plastic filler before you lay it on thick. like DURAGLASS

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 crx ,98 malibu ,90 hatch,87 hatch trailer,87 legend,95 dodge neon,90 civic sedan SE
    • Image Gallery
well ive done all most everything youve done even the glassing of the header panel ,fenders,doors antena,spoiler holes front and back bumpers and ive noticed that when u layer onplastic filler that thick it will crack and quick.the only time u you use plastic filler is for touch ups and little dings and even then i wouldent use it.Ive been glassing and bondoing for a few years and i just think plastic filler is garbage but your doing a crazy job good luck with it but i still think its going to crack!i say sand it down and go get fiberglass jelly or hair you would be much better of lol wow i sound like a @$$ sorry

crack crack crack laugh.gif

My Webpage
(quote by RareCrx)HAVE A MADD TYTE DIGGITY DOGG ,BUBBLES SPRAYIN ON THE INTERCOOLER, poopin ON A 8 SECOND CHEVELLE WITH MY MINI-ME SWAP DAY..

david21ky

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
yo guys got an update...

sooo its been a while and my digital camera someone barrowed it from me..but i got it back this morning just wanted to give you all an update of whats goin on so far..this will prolly take 2 posts due to all the pics..

cut...

then i started body work to make the taillights flush..i am STILL NOT finished ok..

now before you go onto the next pictures.. YES i know the passenger side taillight is lopsided.. and angled down a bit and DOES NOT line up.. i just have got body filler on the inside of the recess where the light goes and have not sanded it down yet.. its been to cold.

but its pretty much flush down the whole side..

heres the part where im struggling tho.. im goin to have to figure out what im goin to have to do about this problem.. any ideas on how to build it up? the tailights still out to far.. and id say im gopin to have to do some glassing on the back hatch as well for it to line up and look OK in other words iknow ican do it its just to cold here in kentucky right now to attempt it.. the past couple days have been warm but it prolly wont get done today..

ok onto my next post for more pics..

david21ky

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
alight... and i worked on the signal lights a bit i cut and spliced and well here ya go... 87 with center reverse lights..

and signal lights..

see heres a shot of the bondo holding me back like i said earlier..

AND HERES what i got sent to me and i ordered my projectors sheww they sent me more euro tailightsinstead of my headlights.. so im goin to have to send them back and get that taken care of BUT i did recieve these correctly tho..
but i dont wanna get to many irons in the fire at one time i wanna finsih the tailights off before i start on the headlight conversion.. (if thats what its called in a way)any who... i cant work with these until i get them 88-91 projectors in.. so they will mount on them i dont wanna cut these to fit o nmy existing lights..

thats pretty much it so far.. i just need warmer weather and i can get alot of stuff done. anyways ill keep ya guys updated o nthe RICE BUILD biggrin.gif

mesean13

• Ohne Scheiss.Somewhere in Germany.
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87'civicsi (ZC1)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
This post reminds me of Buck Rogers and the 25th century for some reason. BIDIBIDIBIDIBIDI....HEYYY...BUCK!!!

Edited by mesean13, 20 March 2006 - 09:44 AM.

Think before you speak, learn before you think, listen so that you may learn to think before speaking a bunch of shit!

No fried rice please!

SilverRex-Bullet

• Nerd
  • PipPipPip
y dont u juct cut into back 1/4 panels to make taillights work??...just make sure theres nothing inside 1/4 panel when u do wink.gif

david21ky

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
because then the center pieve would not line up with the sides of the tailights.. the tailights would stick in but the back metal bar would push out o nthe center pice making it stick out then and then i have NO IDEA how id mount the center piece or secure it in

Performance Freaks EG

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
looks like you have quite the project going on. keep up the good work. where in KY is that. thought it might have been Paintsville

SilverRex-Bullet

• Nerd
  • PipPipPip
u could cut the piece that the center part of taillight is mounted 2 out.....and weld a piece of metal spacer (would extend mounting into interior of car) all round and then weld it back in place smile.gif ....its easier to do it then say it wink.gif

rexsk8er

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: '86 CRX d16a1 hf (RIP), '86 civic hatch ls (DD)
    • Image Gallery
hmm, well i got a way to solve the problem.... use stock taillights?

david21ky

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
hey guys..a lil to chilly to work with bondo today but i worked on my vacuum lines and redone some of them 1 at a time.. i took stuff offf and painted it a little at a time.. worked underneith the hood.. heres some pics..

also i was curious i found a performance header to fit my car it said it would not fit an engine with a PRECAT? i think that means if the catalytic converter is bolted DIRECTLY to the manifold... but say if i was to take my cat off.. it would work then right.. they are just tryin to cover their asses in terms speaking right?

deadpool7372

• Give me Peppers!
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
Regarding the header you are right.
You can get 4-2-1 Header for a Si and put a cat under the car.
If you are not doing any other performance work I would put a stock Si header on and a customer 2" exhaust.
My two cents.
Tom/RPR: You know you are hardcore when you remove the SEAT COVER!
Lubbock, TX representing. Ya HeaRd! :)

mesean13

• Ohne Scheiss.Somewhere in Germany.
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87'civicsi (ZC1)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (rexsk8er @ Mar 20 2006, 10:20 PM)
hmm, well i got a way to solve the problem.... use stock taillights?

LOL laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Think before you speak, learn before you think, listen so that you may learn to think before speaking a bunch of shit!

No fried rice please!

jerfguy

• Computer nerd
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: Two tone black '85 CRX si: Kragen CAI + CF hood + D16a1 + rear seat + smoked corns + side markers + mudflaps.
    • Image Gallery
Damn thats alot of work. Why rice out a 1st gen? Why not just use a 2nd gen? It's cheaper. But good work kid.
QUOTE (1stGenRex @ Sep 25 2006, 08:54 PM)
I'd piss on her

QUOTE (JEFFtheJ00la @ Jun 16 2006, 01:39 PM)
you guys figured out my secret. i sell my ass for cash. i shake it at the butt-nekkid every night. *puts head down in shame*

QUOTE (JEFFtheJ00la @ Sep 26 2006, 08:46 PM)
lol. i hate to admit it but i wanted to grab his titty, it looked that good.