Pbk's Batman Crx B17a1 Tuck Super Herooo'd

• You cannot reply to this topic
177 replies to this topic

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1985 crx ,98 malibu ,90 hatch,87 hatch trailer,87 legend,95 dodge neon,90 civic sedan SE
    • Image Gallery
linky and i'll update on here as i go along

http://www.honda-tec...d.php?t=2728422

let me know what u guys think i have untill july to get this running and saftied for the N16 meet so wish me luck

My Webpage
(quote by RareCrx)HAVE A MADD TYTE DIGGITY DOGG ,BUBBLES SPRAYIN ON THE INTERCOOLER, poopin ON A 8 SECOND CHEVELLE WITH MY MINI-ME SWAP DAY..

1stgenfan

• Lando is my friend
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 crx si (donor car), and 85 crx hf (project), 91 mitsubishi 3000gt
looking good, like always bud. Hey, what do you do for a living now? i think i remember you saying you moved cause of work, but im not 100% sure. regardless, nice work, good writeup, and i look forward to watching your progress. also, is your wood stove all hooked up now? there is nothing better than on a cold day firing up the wood stove and wrenching on a car.
QUOTE (RARECRX @ Nov 4 2008, 03:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have taken the $300 John Force drag racing Course . Now I know what the champions do thus making me, in sense, a champion.

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 crx ,98 malibu ,90 hatch,87 hatch trailer,87 legend,95 dodge neon,90 civic sedan SE
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (1stgenfan @ Feb 27 2010, 02:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
looking good, like always bud. Hey, what do you do for a living now? i think i remember you saying you moved cause of work, but im not 100% sure. regardless, nice work, good writeup, and i look forward to watching your progress. also, is your wood stove all hooked up now? there is nothing better than on a cold day firing up the wood stove and wrenching on a car.

thanks ,i do maintenance at Old Dutch foods in winnipeg ,bought this place in lundar and rive every day there wink.gif ya the wood stove is ready to go,need to get it inspected now ,should pass,hope it passes haha ,but i used it anyways l;ast night and the garage iddnt burn down haha,so i think its good wink.gif

another 50 bucks worth of stuff

another pass with the wire wheel ,needs one more ,allso sanded the drivers tower ,needs another coat of filler though

My Webpage
(quote by RareCrx)HAVE A MADD TYTE DIGGITY DOGG ,BUBBLES SPRAYIN ON THE INTERCOOLER, poopin ON A 8 SECOND CHEVELLE WITH MY MINI-ME SWAP DAY..

kaymo

• Mr.Ididntseeyousittingthereofficer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 74'vert Blazer, 84redrexHF (RIP), 87blackrexSI, 91STDhatch(resurrected for beater)(RIP again)
your repair skills are VERY good, but your talent for picking the WORST shell to start with is AMAZING!

seriously, you should be working in a body shop getting paid big bucks repairing classics. why arent you?
QUOTE (kjeffery @ Apr 17 2009, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yet again Scott, you have all the answers

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Apr 17 2009, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No. All the answers are in the Kakabox build thread.

QUOTE (Lymitliss @ May 26 2009, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ohh yeah I guess that makes sense. King Kaymo has all the answers :lol:

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (kaymo @ Feb 27 2010, 03:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
your repair skills are VERY good, but your talent for picking the WORST shell to start with is AMAZING!

seriously, you should be working in a body shop getting paid big bucks repairing classics. why arent you?

thanks smile.gif lol no doubt,i dont know what it is about that,but for some reason i allways get clunkers haha,maybe its the big prices on the cleaner ones that i cant bring myself to spend that kind of money on them or maybe its these rusty cars are actually my calling,beats me,but i guess everything happens for a reason right wink.gif

now to let it dry some then we shall spray it with sealer :-)b ...back to the strut tower now :-)b

i have an idea for the underbody of this rex,since its very clean,like no rust from what i can see i'd like to put this sucker on her side and do the wheel wells and under carriage in batmanish yellow.obviously the car will be sprayed a satin black like the batmobile ,but a few brighter accent colors would make it like no other i think smile.gif

My Webpage

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (kaymo @ Feb 27 2010, 03:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

and for not working on classics or in a body shop,i have a family to support and dropping it all for schooling at this time would be just to hard since i'm just keeping a float with fuel costs to get to work and back 600 a month on that alone haha and i have a good thing going at old dutch foods right now.allso i dropped out of school and went to work.So need to get my grade 12 to even be looked at for a position at any bodyshop in manitoba.ive been looking into just getting my GED online but havent taken any real steps to it as of yet

maybe one day ...but untill then i'll just keep playing in my garage doin my thing biggrin.gif

thanks for looking guy ,cheers

mitch

My Webpage

kaymo

• Mr.Ididntseeyousittingthereofficer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 74'vert Blazer, 84redrexHF (RIP), 87blackrexSI, 91STDhatch(resurrected for beater)(RIP again)
i dont know how it is in canada, but i got my GED so i could go to auto tech college. it was quite easy. i got one of those read this and you will pass books, but it was sooooo simple stuff i couldnt bear to read it. i got an average score of 666 (yeah yeah im the devil biggrin.gif) out of 700 or 750 i cant remember.

also, if a body shop was smart they would hire you simply on your skills and talent, and could care less of your schooling. remember Albert Einstein, "do not let schooling get in the way of your education"

just find one you would like to work at and go ask if they have an opening. print all these pics and keep them in a binder to show them. you can leave out the potty break pics tho biggrin.gif

yeah i go for the cheap cars too, but i try to stay away from body work unless its easy to fix or easy to ignore. i am a pretty decent body guy myself i worked at a motorcycle body shop and had to repair BUSTED (like seven pieces busted) fairings and reinforce them with fiberglass and my boss would sell them as new panels biggrin.gif
QUOTE (kjeffery @ Apr 17 2009, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yet again Scott, you have all the answers

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Apr 17 2009, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No. All the answers are in the Kakabox build thread.

QUOTE (Lymitliss @ May 26 2009, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ohh yeah I guess that makes sense. King Kaymo has all the answers :lol:

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (kaymo @ Feb 27 2010, 08:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i dont know how it is in canada, but i got my GED so i could go to auto tech college. it was quite easy. i got one of those read this and you will pass books, but it was sooooo simple stuff i couldnt bear to read it. i got an average score of 666 (yeah yeah im the devil biggrin.gif) out of 700 or 750 i cant remember.

also, if a body shop was smart they would hire you simply on your skills and talent, and could care less of your schooling. remember Albert Einstein, "do not let schooling get in the way of your education"

just find one you would like to work at and go ask if they have an opening. print all these pics and keep them in a binder to show them. you can leave out the potty break pics tho biggrin.gif

yeah i go for the cheap cars too, but i try to stay away from body work unless its easy to fix or easy to ignore. i am a pretty decent body guy myself i worked at a motorcycle body shop and had to repair BUSTED (like seven pieces busted) fairings and reinforce them with fiberglass and my boss would sell them as new panels biggrin.gif

yeah GED is probably the way i'm going to go,its BS when you think about it,like when it comes to job listings its says in most cases grade 12 required blah blah blah haha ,like shit even to work at MCdicks you need a grade 12 now or be in school :S wtf is that haha

haha you must be pretty good to have them pass off as new...kinda sneaky,but if its reinforced with fiberglass i'm sure it was good as new wink.gif

so i added some glaze (this tower is taking forever) sanded and sanded and sanded and still looks like crap haha

crappy sealer primer in a can :S better than nothing for now i guess (to cold to spray the good stuff)

thats allso only one well a light and then a bit heavier coat ,just so its not left bare to long ,can start to rust within 24 hours ya know wink.gif lol

My Webpage

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
drivers side

this is where i hide from the girlfriend ...she will never find me hehe

gettin there,would like to have seam sealer on this sucker before i goto bed wink.gif

My Webpage

strudel

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 2009 AUDI TT 3.2L, Project Teg powered Austin Mini Van
    • Image Gallery
So what's going on with all the welding on the front fender wells? Are they all cracked or what? JS

If you want one of these Logos send me a PM

aan.jpg

Austin Mini Van with DOHC Honda HP
http://www.angelfire.com/droid/strudel
Honda reliability and power combined with Mini cachet and style.

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (strudel @ Feb 28 2010, 12:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So what's going on with all the welding on the front fender wells? Are they all cracked or what? JS

no not at all, just welded them up for the shave ,since just filling can cause cracking of the filler from flexing and stuff i guess.ive never had it happen to me,but i guess it has to others,so i'm not going to take the chance haha

pretty pissed off photobucket says i exceeded my bandwidth and well alot of my pics from this project and i guess every other one had missing pics,the time it would take to fix this problem would be retarded so i dont know if i'm going to keep going with posting pics ,obviously i'm going to keep with the crx and keep going like i have been but probably wont be posting pics i dunno

crap this sucks haha

My Webpage

TribalHatch

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1986 Honda CiviC SI
i saw ur video on youtube...." fire fire " .....lol that was hilairious

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (TribalHatch @ Feb 28 2010, 03:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i saw ur video on youtube...." fire fire " .....lol that was hilairious

lol right on wink.gif

My Webpage

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
i think this wheel well should be good enough ,i put a bit more seam sealer this time,but i wish i didnt,not as clean and i allso spread it with my finger lol not so pretty haha

there was a bit of surface rust that i have to hit with rust convertor before i use that crappy sealer primer ,but other then that i only have 2 wheel wells to go :-)b .now that thats done i can put my focus on this bay and get that out of the way biggrin.gif

My Webpage

Maine_Honda_Racer

• Can't stay off the race track!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1993 Civic EX Track Car, 1987 Crx Si Ice Racer, 1990 CRX Si Track Car, 2004 Dodge Durango
Lots of hard work and dedication in there.

Ben

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Feb 28 2010, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In fact, I rock out an RPR decal!