• You cannot reply to this topic
13 replies to this topic

vaughan

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86 honda civc wagovan, 00 silverado
    • Image Gallery
got a wagovan back in nov. didn't really no what to do with it .but then i found redpepperracing.so i've pored more money than it's worth into it . and have one of the ugly cars around. love it love it love it. so far ive gotten alot of help on hear. thanks every one. if it wore'nt for rpr this car would probly be in the junk yard. so far ive started to paint it gold and black (sandelwood met and black met) ive got the top and hood painted one piece at a time . also installed a sun roof . weber 32/36 dgv got about half the intior painted black and grey. sound system. thanks to a few people on hear i found enough parts to do the si head swap. we have a si head that is at the machine shop getting a vauvle job. a set of si pistons. that i need order a set of rings for tommorw. a si oil pan should be on it way. so we can fit are dg header on. tore it all apart this weakend just got to get more parts all post pics win they give me a gallery and some more win my wife come back from vacation with the camra
user posted image
Si Wagovan-Clan Member

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
biggrin.gif I can't wait.
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

sindrlla

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 Honda Civic AWD Wagon
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (badpenny @ Jul 9 2006, 08:06 PM)
biggrin.gif I can't wait.

agrees!!!!! smile.gif I love the wagon too! It's a great car and I hope you get all the love it has to give!

Visit: Asimo - The Coolest LowRider

FI Blacktop D16A1/ZC Hybrid

vaughan

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Image Gallery
when and ordered the rest of my parts today. and made a tally sheet. kind of suprized at the amount of money i got tied up in this little project. prob a little over a grand when all said and done carb 200 head and piston used 120 head gasket 80 vauvle seals. rings. rod bearings. oil pan gasket. 280 intake exhaust gasket 40 header and por 20 paint 130 oil pan 25 cdm intake 45 exhaust system. pipe joints muffler 140 vauvle job ? 200 only thing i think i missed is front and rear main seals and main bearings. but main looked really good and to get the right ones i whould have had to take off the tranny to get the rest of the code for the right ones and i'll get the main seals if when i take off the trannys. but theres my 02 cents for today probley get the parts in a week or so but i am going on vaca 23 so it will be a while before i get to put it back together wink.gif
user posted image
Si Wagovan-Clan Member

vaughan

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Image Gallery
well here is a couple pic of my car finally figured out how to post them. when wife get back from vaction with the camra ill take some more

Edited by vaughan, 11 July 2006 - 07:31 PM.

user posted image
Si Wagovan-Clan Member

Ghost-One

• the only Moderator who can fight MONSTERS
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
keep up the work.... i will begin my build tomorrow...

vaughan

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Image Gallery
well got most of my exhast parts from summit racing got the car up in da airand got to work fabing up a new exhast system. out with the old in with the newi got some por 20 to paint my headers with. pored some into a cup. thought that i to be enough to paint the head and the welds on the pipe. well let me tell you something. a little goes a long way that why whe exhaust is so shinny cause at 25 bucks a pint something was going to get paintedheader all painted up and ready to go can't wait to get rest of parts and get this baby running smile.gif
user posted image
Si Wagovan-Clan Member

vaughan

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Image Gallery
been working on on the wagonvan this weeked got it tore down. and three of the si pistons in. i got over sized rings and screwed on up filing it down. got to get another one hear are the wheels i got off ebay kind of a bad deal 3 of the 4 were bent on the inside. strightend them out and spun them on the tire balencer got them pretty close. have to see how that works out got my cdm manifold put together. cut the adapter plate up. from my usdm manifold and welded it to the cdm manifold to fit my 32/36 dgav weber my car was once towed by a rv the bracket were with the car when i got it makes it easy to bring home for the week. to get it out of the shop maybe it will be runing next weekend if i can get the rest of the parts
user posted image
Si Wagovan-Clan Member

iceracercrx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 84 CRX
Vaughn,
How did that header work out for you? I love that you changed the 2 into 1 merge. I always looked at that going why DC why. But when I saw it going to good use, I almost started to cry.

Thanks
Randy

vaughan

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Image Gallery
ya thought sence i was going 2 1/4 i'd miswell cut that piece of the header and make it 2 /14 two. and i moved the 02 sensor hole to the bottom . and try and run my narrow band 02 setup and see how it works sence i have one . have'nt got to put it on yet hopefully the rest of my parts will be here next week and all get to put this thing togeter and drive it cant wait it should be a vast improvment over the old dx .i'll take a couple more pic's when it goes together
user posted image
Si Wagovan-Clan Member

lilneedle

• Mcguyver's long lost son...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86 Civic 1300 With complete brown top teg convo...
    • Image Gallery
Looking good Vaughan!!! wink.gif
TOM
FORSALE$700BUX...
86 1300 3G With Teg conversion...DOHC BABY!!!

SAHCR-Saving Abused Hondas for Cleanup and Restoration-member.

vaughan

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Image Gallery
finally got the last of my parts. got all the si pistions in .pic of head all cleaned up vauvle job new vauvle guides only pulled out one stud out of the block putting it in. a couple pics of the new exhaust system and a couple of the cleaned up engine bay.ive got 17 miles on it so far been tuning carb a little and it keeps running better and better still a little rich and got to set the timming but seems alot stronger

Edited by vaughan, 24 August 2006 - 11:38 AM.

user posted image
Si Wagovan-Clan Member

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
anyone want to trade a non running wagovan for a non running sedan?
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

OVNi_CIVIC

• fear me...fear the self...
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 85 Wagon AWD, 86 CRX, 01 EM2, 04 ES1, 93 civic hatch
    • Image Gallery
i like this one... wish i had a project wagon... mine's to prety to mess with, lucky bastard! more pix more updates!

"Tie two birds together, even though they have four wings they cannot fly"---Circle of Iron
MySpace.......... www.myspace.com/kored

Wagovan-Clan Member