Another Ebay Steal

• You cannot reply to this topic
12 replies to this topic

therealtime

• Slow builder of Fast cars
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86 CRX Si Turbo, 87 Civic Wagon 4wd (sold), 88 Civic Hatch Std. (RIP), 93 del Sol Si (sold)
CP Pistons - MSRP $549 most internet retailers charge $490+

ebay (gently used but in excelent condition) - $67 shipped!! (with wrist pins and clips)

I was planning to buy SRP pistons to save money and they would have been $320 with shipping from summit. with the money i saved i can have the cp pistons lateral gas ported and buy a gapless ring set from total seal and still spend less money and have the baddest ass piston and ring setup possible!!

i cleaned them up at work with the glass beader, but they were really not that bad to start with.

pictures now:

just thought i would share so noone can accuse me of having a fortune in my car when i start racing again.

-tony

p.s. i forgot to resize the pics the first post but i am on it right now.

Edited by therealtime, 06 September 2006 - 09:43 AM.

-Tony
1986 CRX Si turbo project best 1/8mi et= 8.02
1987 Civic Wagon Real Time 4wd (SOLD)
1993 Del Sol Si (sold)

and Various non-Hondas
www.cheaptrixracing.com

wago%20clan.JPG
ex Wagovan-Clan Member

lilneedle

• Mcguyver's long lost son...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86 Civic 1300 With complete brown top teg convo...
    • Image Gallery
ew????
FORSALE$700BUX...
86 1300 3G With Teg conversion...DOHC BABY!!!

SAHCR-Saving Abused Hondas for Cleanup and Restoration-member.

therealtime

• PipPipPip
    • Drives: 86 CRX Si Turbo, 87 Civic Wagon 4wd (sold), 88 Civic Hatch Std. (RIP), 93 del Sol Si (sold)
QUOTE (lilneedle @ Sep 6 2006, 09:50 AM)
ew????

sorry... more specifics: d16z6 pistons 75.5mm in diameter so i can bore my ew up to fit them.

part number sc7026 for the set.

-tony

-Tony
1993 Del Sol Si (sold)

and Various non-Hondas
www.cheaptrixracing.com

wago%20clan.JPG
ex Wagovan-Clan Member

kacivic

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: '06 350Z '99 Integra LS '92 Prelude Si
    • Image Gallery
so does it matter that they've got valve relief cut for 4 valves and the EW is only 3 valves/cyl.?

ex-SportInjectedClub

ibcnya

• HNFTuning
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: his girlfriend crazy
QUOTE (kacivic @ Sep 6 2006, 10:46 AM)
so does it matter that they've got valve relief cut for 4 valves and the EW is only 3 valves/cyl.?

If you look at the stock ew pistons...they have two reliefs cut on the piston on the exaust side any ways....thats 8 reliefs and 4 valves.... biggrin.gif no it doesnt matter.

Edited by ibcnya, 06 September 2006 - 11:08 AM.

iceracercrx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 84 CRX
That top ring land looks like it's in a good spot. Less chance of problems under heavy boost!!! Have fun

Randy

therealtime

• PipPipPip
QUOTE (iceracercrx @ Sep 6 2006, 11:20 AM)
That top ring land looks like it's in a good spot.  Less chance of problems under heavy boost!!!  Have fun

that's what i am hoping for. all the cast pistons i have used didnt do so well with that ring land. i hope this one is strong enough for every bit of power because i will be putting a gapless ring there so pressure cannot go around it.

-tony

-Tony
1993 Del Sol Si (sold)

and Various non-Hondas
www.cheaptrixracing.com

wago%20clan.JPG
ex Wagovan-Clan Member

lemons

• Carbs are better (lol, not really; but they sound cool)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
what are you doing for rods?

the next weekness is the crank, then i'd concider o-ringing the head.
I have nothing...

therealtime

• PipPipPip
QUOTE (lemons @ Sep 6 2006, 03:38 PM)
what are you doing for rods?

the next weekness is the crank, then i'd concider o-ringing the head.

arp rod bolts.

i would like to keep the boost just under the limit for the rods. i can use easily available pistons from other hondas, but rods are specific to our engines and that makes them harder to find and much more expensive. eventually i will buy some chromoly but it may be a while.

i am hoping the arp head studs i will be using will eliminate my head gasket problem.

-tony

-Tony
1993 Del Sol Si (sold)

and Various non-Hondas
www.cheaptrixracing.com

wago%20clan.JPG
ex Wagovan-Clan Member

iceracercrx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 84 CRX
No gap Total seals. I don't know about that, I would talk to someone at Total seal about that. I would worry about that. Cast stock pistons are just weak. The larger gap standard ring is not the problem at all.
Just thinking about running their rings. Why wouldn't they work. Talk to someone that knows! Watch the hone, they like something different.
Randy

MakDiesel

• She'll do 80 mph in 2nd gear and 45+ mpg, not simultaneously
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: '89 CRX HF-Z1 ~ no carpet, no A/C, no muffler, earplugs optional '97 Hatch DX-Y5 ~ Roll cage & lean burn
    • Image Gallery
Mike was tellin' me about your find you lucky sucka! Which reminds me, I'll probably need some new(er) stock EW slugs and rings for the Si once the HF is subbed into DD duty, sometime hopefully this year. Mak
QUOTE (therealtime)
i see you did a world class rape on the rest of the vehicle lol.

therealtime

• PipPipPip
QUOTE (iceracercrx @ Sep 6 2006, 08:42 PM)
No gap Total seals.  I don't know about that, I would talk to someone at Total seal about that.  I would worry about that. 

I called total seal and spoke with Kevin in the tech department. his very first recommendation was the gapless and then he recommended gas porting. he is actuall the one who will be porting them also.

thanks for the concern. i will ask him about the hone when he calls me for return shipping.

-tony

p.s. adam - all my old pistons have broken ring lands and/or ar 75mm in diameter which means you would have to bore over. we have 2 engines at the shop with stock pistons though and mike wants to build one over the winter so we might have one set for ya.

-Tony
1993 Del Sol Si (sold)

and Various non-Hondas
www.cheaptrixracing.com

wago%20clan.JPG
ex Wagovan-Clan Member

MakDiesel

• She'll do 80 mph in 2nd gear and 45+ mpg, not simultaneously
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: '89 CRX HF-Z1 ~ no carpet, no A/C, no muffler, earplugs optional '97 Hatch DX-Y5 ~ Roll cage & lean burn
    • Image Gallery
sweet, my stocker benefits everytime you tear something up smile.gif I finally filled my '89 HF mounts w/ 60a shore polyurethane, that stuff is easy to work w/ for about 8 minutes, then it sticks to everything! Hope to test fit the Z1 next week, then get started on wiring sad.gif After that it's basically piece it back together and buy parts along the way. She'll run before '07, maybe roll out of the shop a few months after. I ditched the plan to do a full paint job and body work and opted to just make her run like a top and look like dog ass in order to get the '85 Si in ASAP to install rings, slugs, headgasket, valveguides, seals, and maybe a valve job, and cut/weld all rust period. Burn no mo' oil eh? AD

Edited by MakDiesel, 07 September 2006 - 10:44 PM.

QUOTE (therealtime)
i see you did a world class rape on the rest of the vehicle lol.