Seats That Fit 3g Civic

• You cannot reply to this topic
17 replies to this topic

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: R.I.P ~Honali~ 3G civic now drives Silver 86 Civic hatch
my hubby is 5'5".... so when he jumps in the car to go to the store he winds the seat forward, so that when i jump in the car in the morning to drive him to work my knee's hit the dash and cup holder then i get my knee's trapped between the steering wheel and the dash.... and the wheel is right in my tummy so when i grab the wheel my left elbow hits the drivers side window. dry.gif mad.gif

so i just put my foot to the floor on the clutch pedal, and wind the seat back till my leg is straight yet i can still push the pedal to the floor.

going over well used gravel logging roads with these seats without a helmet in my car is taking a chance on brain damage.

on the plus side, there are 3 layers of floor in my car now, the seats are bolted in 16 places on each seat through all 3 layers of floor with grade 8 bolts, plus the huge chunks of angle iron for floor supports and the fact the the seats themselves are strong enough to double as rollbars and they weigh 150lbs each. in the event of a rollover or a crash i should be safe just due to all the extra support we added just to handle the seats.

i'm not saying that everyone should try and stuff a set of leather Lay-Z-boy recliners in their car like we did, but everytime someone comes in and posts the question "wut seets fit my car?!?!?" i'll post up pics of my seats, just to show that anything is possible with enough swearing and time.

fyi: it only took an afternoon to get these seats in the car, so getting a set of honda/acura/sedan seats in our cars will be easier then what i did. wink.gif

Edited by JeepGirl, 05 September 2006 - 10:28 AM.

rprdotcom1cropped.gifRIPHonalicroppedsigpic.jpgAW1GMtu.jpgH4zO0Qb.jpg

Dura-Ace

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 Civic 1.3
I actually just put seats from a '91 si into my 3g today... the front brackets bolted right up, but the rear ones were sort of a mess. A mess that was easily solved with an angle grinder and a sledgehammer.

oh yeah, also: I'm new here, but seems like a great placel.

mysql

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: own:75 toyota pickup,85 crx si, 95 ford ranger 00 civic ex (ol' ladies)
QUOTE (Dura-Ace @ Sep 7 2006, 07:58 PM)
I actually just put seats from a '91 si into my 3g today... the front brackets bolted right up, but the rear ones were sort of a mess.  A mess that was easily solved with an angle grinder and a sledgehammer.

oh yeah, also:  I'm new here, but seems like a great placel.

hey that looks pretty good...might have to find some of those
1995 ford ranger (beater)
1986 crx si..
wifeys 2000 civic ex ebay coilovers and 17in drag dr11 with nexxen z rated tires soon to be b16 powered with b20 automatic trans (girls)