23 replies to this topic

hawk86

• ah rice is good.
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 91 nissan 300 ZX, 85 crx hf, bagged 94 s-10
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (etmydst @ Sep 1 2006, 02:28 PM)
At least you dont have the problem like this!! >>etmydst lives in BEAT UP RICER CENTRAL OF ALL OF THE UNITED STATES<<<< I will bet my bottom dollar you will not find more ricers than central cali/ bay area just look at CRAIGSLIST.org sfbayarea and type in honda.. youll see..

I'll be driving my CRX at 65-70 MPH  (when I do drive it) , then all of a sudden this BEAT UP ricer, primered , bouncing off the stops, APC stickered out riceboy slows then try's to engage me in a speed contest revving and downshifting next to me WTF, happens like 3 times on the way back from school.

I just LAUGH and let them jock my mugens, and my dentless, shiny red paint that they wish they had..

funny thing Is all the OLD people driving  give me thumbs up all the time, probably a first time seeing a NICE TAstEFUL honda in central cali for once.

if you type in HONDA in craigslist for my area all you get are four wheelers hahahahaha laugh.gif
http://www.redpepper...showtopic=27167

NO kittie thats my pot pie! NO kittie......Mom kitties bein a dildo.......well i know a certain kittie thats sleepin with mommy tonight..

Vicious

well i haven't noticed it with drivers of old honda considering i'm the only one in my area laugh.gif but when i work and i'm driving the truck i see every truck driver *mostly contractors in my town* are always friendly. then again i live in a very small town so most of us are contractors and labors who drive mostly big trucks but there's a good sense of respect for one another since we all know we work hard and stuff.

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Success is about standing out, not fitting in.

Fennec

• I-5 traffic dodger
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 84 Civic 4dr (hibernating), 83 Civic Type S (daily masher)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Where I live there are no 2g or 3g civics on the road. 4g civics are getting rare also. When I do see one, they always look like they are barely alive.

It's strange though, when I go back to my home town Bremerton, I see all the old school cars. Even some fixed up 2g's. That's prolly why all the junkyard civics are stripped bare over there!
HONDA: What else is there?
user posted image

user posted image

Buy/Sell with Confidence (vouches)

crxboi

• Got Rice?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 1989 CR-X Ef8 RHD , 1993 CR-X DEL SOL EG2 RHD
ya every time i see a 1g i always stop and ask how he likes his car this one time i saw a first gen crx rusted to crap with 4 apc decals a huge apc wing!!! it was kinda funny! but it ended up being a 41 year old spanish guy with a baby in the seat! laugh.gif

WOLFCRX

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 crx si, 87 crx si and 84 crx(Straman Spyder), 91 Chevy silverado, 87 lynx 5th wheel
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I drive the convertible around and most people are respectful and rarely get anyone trying to intice me to race. Then I put it away and drive my blue crx and I don't get 2 blocks from my house and some punk in a newer civic revs at me or runs up real fast trying to screw with me. I just act like I have blinders on and ignore them, that usually pisses them off.
RPR Convertible club:

84 Straman project build

myheadhertz

• Some days it isn't worth gnawing thru the leather straps
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: '91 CRX si, '66 Datsun SPL311, '87 CRX turbo under construction
QUOTE (JeepGirl @ Sep 1 2006, 09:21 AM)
are friendly on the road?

Most of you are too young to remember the 1960's. Back then, we drivers of "sports cars" (ie: Triumph, MG, Sunbeam, Austin Healey, Fiat, et al) always waved at each other as we passed on the road. As sports car drivers, we were members of a brotherhood of eccentrics, vastly numbered by the robots driving boring Detroit iron.

Once in awhile, I get some acknowledgement from knowing Honda drivers as I cruise around in the 1st gen CRX. Unfortunately, it's not like the brotherhood that existed back in the 60's. As our cars get rarer, I hope we will start to wave at each other on the road. We ARE a brotherhood of eccentrics. Right?

jjamiemmark

• Spit pop bang
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86 CRX,91 CRX SI
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (myheadhertz @ Sep 2 2006, 12:20 AM)
. We ARE a brotherhood of eccentrics. Right?

RIGHT>>>>>>>>>>>>
05192012083.jpg

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1985 crx ,98 malibu ,90 hatch,87 hatch trailer,87 legend,95 dodge neon,90 civic sedan SE
    • Image Gallery
yeah i noticed that allso there is a bunch of guys in the city next too me that allways hate like was in my malibu and one of the guys yelled FAG at me mad.gif i was like what the f_ck so i turned around and asked him whats your deal hes like you drive a four door malibu im like yeah and this little punk in a second gen crx starts laughing at me dry.gif im like so what i allso have a 1st gen crx that im working on and he was like WHAT a old ass crx arent those carbed and i was like yeah and whats your point ???? those things are slow and im like ohhh and whats under your hood he pops his hood its a friggin sohc with a crapy intake but he has like 3000 in body kit and eurotaillights and a muffler with a 22 inch tip laugh.gif no not that big but you get me and the car was lowered to the point that the stock 13inch steelies were rubbing and hes like its a h22 laugh.gif its vtec and im like oh yeah he like its hella fast.i then look at him with a sure buddy kinda look so then some guy in a pretty much stock sunfire it had some 17s intake muffler so they go and race im like i gotta see this so go watch and the sunfire whoops him walks on him like he wasent even there but when i see other malibus in town they all love the car ask me whats done or give me a honk or smile smile.gif so i guess what im getting at is i guess its just that there young and dont know any better but im not really one too talk since im only 20 laugh.gif and i allso noticed that subaru drivers are drinks too but thats another story laugh.gif

My Webpage
(quote by RareCrx)HAVE A MADD TYTE DIGGITY DOGG ,BUBBLES SPRAYIN ON THE INTERCOOLER, poopin ON A 8 SECOND CHEVELLE WITH MY MINI-ME SWAP DAY..

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
The cool part about a 600 mile roadtrip in my civic was the number of newer civics on the road. I kept up with the newer ones (they were burdened by many families) I was courteous, because I always let them pass, when they wanted, and always waved as they did. Its nice. biggrin.gif
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.