• You cannot reply to this topic
9 replies to this topic

wyclefcupcake

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1985 honda crx si CONVERTIBLE by R. Stramman
    • Image Gallery
ok here is the deal, i live on the eastern shore of virginia, and i really need to find someone that knows what they are doing for a b16a swap.

i have the integra front brake system already and i could probably get more parts if needed (there is an 88integra really good condition at a junkyard near me)

my engine keeps getting hotter and hotter and i have wanted to get this swap for a long time now. i need to find someone that can just do it and get it done right. i figure this is the right place to go. can anyone offer to be able to do this and i will pay. if you have done this before then that would be great. i dont want any n00bs trying to do this swap in my car.

i have a 1985 honda crx si, made into a convertible by r. stramman from california. i want to get a really good b16a engine to have a good engine and this car is my daily driver car. i want to have a good strong a/c system and have good wiring done in the car so that i can keep this car for years to come.

i will post some of the pics of my car that i have on cardomain.com

thanks!

-shamgar
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/434210 - thats my ride, 1985 honda crx si convertible by R. Stramman.

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: your car if i find the keys
    • Image Gallery
you dont need to hire someone to do this. just buy all the parts and we can walk you through it.

parts you will need:
-B series motor
-B series transmission with cable clutch
-B series mounts (you can use hasport or search this site for used or custom made ones, expect to pay $250-$600 for these)
-B series ECU
conversion harness from hasport or rywire (unless you can get someone else to wire this up for you) about $300 i believe
-86-89 integra hub/knuckle and brake rotors and calipers
-half size HF (or equivalent) radiator helps a lot
-will have to lengthen the shift linkage

im sure there's more im forgetting but thats the big stuff. the answers are all here, just search or ask.
When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Dec 10 2008, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another loser who can not get traction. I feel sorry for him.

IM A LOSER!!! my car pulls harder when spinning than any "highly modified" EW

Team BUrnOUt founding member

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic Si, 1991 Civic Si, 2001 Saab 9-3, 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero, 2003 Honda Pilot, 2009 Ducati Monster 696
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
i'm close enough i could come help. (only a few hours drive for me..)

i'm preparing to do my swap mid-late oct. november..
1986 Civic Si; b16a is in.. just gotta get it running..
longest swap ever..... :(

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (E-AT_me @ Aug 31 2006, 05:53 PM)

why not get both cars and parts together in one location and have a weekend "swap meet". buy a bunch of beer and food and have both cars finished in a weekend.

i would be in for attending a somewhat local weekend "swap meet" to turn a wrench and share my B swappin knowledge.
When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

Screech

• Project CI2-VIC Team Lead
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 16 Ford RS, 84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2), 98 Civic EX
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (E-AT_me @ Aug 31 2006, 05:53 PM)

You better have it on the road the last weekend of Oct smile.gif

As for the original topic, I almost want to say don't mess with that car, just fix the stock parts. But, at the same time I think that would be a nice and fairly unique car when done.

Screech
------------------------

16 Ford RS (2.3l, DS)
84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2 2.0l, SMF)

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (Screech @ Aug 31 2006, 06:15 PM)
You better have it on the road the last weekend of Oct  smile.gif

As for the original topic, I almost want to say don't mess with that car, just fix the stock parts.  But, at the same time I think that would be a nice and fairly unique car when done.

didnt seekerone just recently do a B swap in his straman?

if you going to have something cool, you might as well have the ultimate in cool. go with the B and dont let anyone talk you out of it.

wyclefcupcake

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1985 honda crx si CONVERTIBLE by R. Stramman
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (crxls @ Aug 31 2006, 05:31 PM)
you dont need to hire someone to do this. just buy all the parts and we can walk you through it.

parts you will need:
-B series motor
-B series transmission with cable clutch
-B series mounts (you can use hasport or search this site for used or custom made ones, expect to pay $250-$600 for these)
-B series ECU
conversion harness from hasport or rywire (unless you can get someone else to wire this up for you) about $300 i believe
-86-89 integra hub/knuckle and brake rotors and calipers
-will have to lengthen the shift linkage

im sure there's more im forgetting but thats the big stuff. the answers are all here, just search or ask.

yah i already have the 88 integra hub/knuckles and brake rotors and calipers and new brake pads from a store.

what is the point of getting a half size HF radiator? i have a new radiator i just purchased last year for my crx si, is the HF bigger or better? i want to keep my engine as COOL as possible.

i have researched a lot of b16a1's on ebay but i'd like to just purchase the motor and all the stuff along with it, and get it shipped to where i am going to get the swap done.

also if anyone has the mounts that i could buy for cheap that would be awesome. also the wiring. i saw somewhere that some people went and purchased the HF speedometer bcs it has the VSS switch on it, but then after thinking about that, wouldnt you have to get the whole wiring from a HF car to that speedo?

so thats y i said i was wondering if anyone could do this. i'm guessing you will need a motor lift or something and then also a whole bunch of tools
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/434210 - thats my ride, 1985 honda crx si convertible by R. Stramman.

mysql

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: own:75 toyota pickup,85 crx si, 95 ford ranger 00 civic ex (ol' ladies)
QUOTE (wyclefcupcake @ Sep 1 2006, 11:22 AM)
yah i already have the 88 integra hub/knuckles and brake rotors and calipers and new brake pads from a store.

what is the point of getting a half size HF radiator? i have a new radiator i just purchased last year for my crx si, is the HF bigger or better? i want to keep my engine as COOL as possible.

i have researched a lot of b16a1's on ebay but i'd like to just purchase the motor and all the stuff along with it, and get it shipped to where i am going to get the swap done.

also if anyone has the mounts that i could buy for cheap that would be awesome.  also the wiring.  i saw somewhere that some people went and purchased the HF speedometer bcs it has the VSS switch on it, but then after thinking about that, wouldnt you have to get the whole wiring from a HF car to that speedo?

so thats y i said i was wondering if anyone could do this.  i'm guessing you will need a motor lift or something and then also a whole bunch of tools

hf radiator is smaller i beleive than SI
1995 ford ranger (beater)
1986 crx si..
wifeys 2000 civic ex ebay coilovers and 17in drag dr11 with nexxen z rated tires soon to be b16 powered with b20 automatic trans (girls)

kacivic

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: '06 350Z '99 Integra LS '92 Prelude Si
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (crxls @ Aug 31 2006, 05:31 PM)

yes, it is smaller, but the point is to give you more room. the header on the smaller si engine sits almost right up against the radiator in my car, and i assume that by using the smaller radiator you're opening up more room in front of the engine, which is important b/c the B series is much bigger than the si engine from what i can see.
http://www.redpepper.../DSC01698-1.jpg

Edited by kacivic, 01 September 2006 - 11:06 AM.

ex-SportInjectedClub

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (kacivic @ Sep 1 2006, 11:00 AM)
yes, it is smaller, but the point is to give you more room.  the header on the smaller si engine sits almost right up against the radiator in my car, and i assume that by using the smaller radiator you're opening up more room in front of the engine, which is important b/c the B series is much bigger than the si engine from what i can see.
http://www.redpepper.../DSC01698-1.jpg

just to add to this. the HF radiator is smaller but it will cool better because with the full size radiator it will be right up against (less than 1/2 inch clearance) the exhaust manifold which will actually heat up the coolant (possibly to the point past boiling). with the HF radiator you dont have this because the radiator doesnt come over as far as the exhaust mani.