• You cannot reply to this topic
10 replies to this topic

kacivic

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: '06 350Z '99 Integra LS '92 Prelude Si
    • Image Gallery
Ok, I don't yet have an actual plan for my car, but I've decided that her journey shall be chronicled (if that's really a word...).

I purchased the car with 209k miles. The owner was asking $700, but the car had been sitting for 8 months, so naturally the battery was dead. Rather than coming to this conclusion, he assumed the starter was bad and told me he was dropping his asking price to $500. A simple jump start and we were on our way.

The bad:
-front end damage

-bad brakes

My first goal is to get the car to stop well, and then we'll see about making it faster.

First off, keeping track of what I've spent on this car:

Vehicle Purchase: $500

Brake Master Cylinder: $90
Brake Booster: $75
SS brake lines: $45
Brembo front replacement rotors: $48
EBC Green Stuff pads: $57
Integra rear calipers/brackets: $50

Front right fender: $40
Sunroof glass: $75
Rear Cargo cover: $20 blink.gif
Taillight center piece: $40
'91 Prelude seats: $80

If I can find a set, I'd like to put some 15" Honda/Integra LS mesh wheels on it.

Edited by kacivic, 18 August 2006 - 03:25 PM.

ex-SportInjectedClub

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Did you find this one on craigslist?

Dangit, I was going to get it if it was.
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

carphreak

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 honda civic sedan, 2006 nissan frontier, 2004 nissan xterra, 1994 nissan pathfinder
wow dude i need to change the brakes on my civic too. i've had my civic for more than a month now but the most i've done is just change the spark plugs and replace the coolant. hahaha i guess im uber-lazy. was it hard replacing the master cylinder?

Richard

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: NZDM? 85' Civic Hatch LX- D16A1,92 Toyota Soarer Big Single and a Bunch of Other Stuff
a master cylinder job is very easy, as long as you have a 10mm flare wrench and take your time bleeding the whole brake system.

Screech

• Project CI2-VIC Team Lead
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 16 Ford RS, 84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2), 98 Civic EX
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Another white `86 Si, smile.gif. Sounds like your jumping right in, have you owned a T-bar equipped Honda/Acura before? If you keep at that pace you may end up with the title of "Faster swaper in RPR history" if you do a swap.

Screech
------------------------

16 Ford RS (2.3l, DS)
84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2 2.0l, SMF)

kacivic

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Image Gallery
badpenny: yes i got this off of the austin craigslist.

screech: first one w/ torsion bars... should be fun though. seems light enough and powerful enough that it should make a fun auto-crosser

i'll post up some more recent shots of the front end. still isn't that good, but definately better...

and if anyone's interested in a set of ss braided brake lines, they're new in the box and i think i need a different set for my future brake setup.

ex-SportInjectedClub

kacivic

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Image Gallery
picture of the slightly re-worked front end. i noticed that the lower radiator support is bent, but it is also just bolt in... may try and find a straight one and see if i can straighten it out a bit more...

and the wheels i picked up. my uncle has a 2g crx w/ mugen wheels, and these are apparently the wheels that he got the car with. a major improvement over the steelies i think. now just to get the one extra tire so i can complete the set.

ex-SportInjectedClub

lilneedle

• Mcguyver's long lost son...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86 Civic 1300 With complete brown top teg convo...
    • Image Gallery
Pretty good buy...she needs some work...but hey thats the fun about it...buying an old car that needs some work and turning it into your own beast...personalizing it all to your specs...I love it...if you need any parts...let me know...if I don't have it ...someone will....Good luck bro...TOM
FORSALE$700BUX...
86 1300 3G With Teg conversion...DOHC BABY!!!

SAHCR-Saving Abused Hondas for Cleanup and Restoration-member.

bobdragster

• Without 無限Limit
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1980 Honda Prelude
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (kacivic @ Aug 18 2006, 11:36 AM)
Ok, I don't yet have an actual plan for my car, but I've decided that her journey shall be chronicled (if that's really a word...).

I purchased the car with 209k miles.  The owner was asking $700, but the car had been sitting for 8 months, so naturally the battery was dead.  Rather than coming to this conclusion, he assumed the starter was bad and told me he was dropping his asking price to $500.  A simple jump start and we were on our way.

The bad:
-front end damage

-bad brakes

My first goal is to get the car to stop well, and then we'll see about making it faster.

First off, keeping track of what I've spent on this car:

Vehicle Purchase: $500

Brake Master Cylinder: $90
Brake Booster: $75
SS brake lines: $45
Brembo front replacement rotors: $48
EBC Green Stuff pads: $57
Integra rear calipers/brackets: $50

Front right fender: $40
Sunroof glass: $75
Rear Cargo cover: $20 blink.gif
Taillight center piece: $40
'91 Prelude seats: $80

If I can find a set, I'd like to put some 15" Honda/Integra LS mesh wheels on it.

Shit yeah! another member from Austin, TX!

kacivic

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Image Gallery
newest parts just arrived... DC short shifter and energy suspension urethane shifter bushings... can't wait to get them dropped in.

also, i think i've decided i'm gonna start taking off the unnecessary parts of my car... A/c components, center console, etc... anything i have that's of use i'll probably be interested in selling.

ex-SportInjectedClub

kacivic

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Image Gallery
guess this project is done. engine blew sat. and don't know that it'd be worth it to replace the engine in a $500 car. look for a parts thread...

ex-SportInjectedClub