• You cannot reply to this topic
16 replies to this topic

fredellus

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: Vw beetle 68

http://s8.postimg.or...h87yd/image.jpg

This is my new 85 crx si. I plan on posting pics and maybe some of the work i've done. And maybe some of you 1g experts can help me along the way?

fredellus

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

image.jpg

fredellus

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

fredellus

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

image.jpg

fredellus

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

I'll list what it has on it and what it came with as spare. hopefully this will be interesting to someone.

Has on it: tokico shocks, jacobs ignition system, aftermarket header, integra rear brakes, upgraded front suspension from a wagon i think? cold air intake, upgraded rear torsion bar, stiffest possible springs from unknown to me source, (i can find out). fuel pressure guage installed inline before fuel rail. fog lights, custom carbon fiber hood, custom bumper, some sort of small steering wheel, short shifter (purple).that's all i can remember now.

Spare: spare motor with overhualt kit - no head bolts or water pump tho. spare tranny, stage 1 clutch. Bra.  light weight fly wheel, Colt Cam- i think its a triflow, adjustable coil shocks - canadian cylinder head.

fredellus

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

So since i got it a few weeks ago i determined that there was no fuel pressure, so then  today I looked into the ignition switch, main relay and fuel pump. got a lot of confusing voltages out of the ignition switch, so i finally just removed the fuel pump and tested it and it started working. put it back on and now theres fuel pressure, but it has a leaky fuel injector. after it got fuel pressure it sounded like it was gonna start. really really close to starting it sounded like. anyways so i pulled a spark plug to check it out and it was fouled and at .070 - pretty far off. within the next few i will put new spark plugs in it and maybe a compression check and see if it will start up

GeezRX

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2016 Contributor
    • Drives: Only loaners at the present time!
    Garage View Garage

Glad you're making headway! Best of luck with getting it up and running...keep posting your progress.

Skip

"Old and usually in the way" - Check out my '86 3G build in "VIEW GARAGE"

fredellus

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

tonight i cranked the motor with my hand over the exhaust opening and felt that every few cranks or so it feels like it fires, increasing the rpm's. the air puffs out of the exhuast feel even and steady, except for when it "fires" it feels stronger. I'm going to put new plugs in here soon and maybe it will fire up.

fredellus

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

i was told by the orginal owner that it has an adjustable map sensor knob somewhere near the computer. i hope it is not interfering with my air fuel mixture, does anyone know where to start looking for information on one, or how to tune it or maybe put it in a "nuetral" position?

fredellus

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

I put new plugs in earlier this evening still a crank no start situation. i read up on the forums for fun and it made me realize i do not hear any clicking from the injectors. i am going to have a look at those this weekend for sure.ill have to throw a compression check its way, wish me luck

fredellus

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

tonight i checked ohms to the injectors and voltage, it all checked out. i guess this weekend ill see if they phsyically spray. anyone know a good/easy way of checking it. on youtube people were using house hold batteries. i was thinking of lifting the rail and trying it that way..

any thoughts?

thanks

fredellus

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

Solved, after the main relay stopped acting up and i got the fuel pump unstuck i checked out the fuel filter. in the canister type thing there was like a plate that seems to kinda float around in there. i poured some fuel into it and it was not free flowing so i jammed a screw driver in there and it loosened up.(the plate)  and viola the car is now purring like a kitten. hope this helps someone who tries to start up one of these thats been sitting around for a few years..

anjin

• redlinefever
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 83 crx - kakaburra,83 gen1 Noir, 87 EF7 Glasstop crx, 83 gen 1 rebuild replica mugen racecar
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage

Well done on that find.It might not look like it but I have been following your progress.

Enjoy the car, and the journey getting it there.

anjin aka Ian

"I can't believe it - Ive just been passed by a sh!tbox"

fredellus

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

thanks, my next step is doing valve guides, finding head bolts(possibly) new tires/ battery/ new timing belt water pump and a fuel rail oring. i think i may just reuse the old head bolts...

Sinub

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2016 Contributor
    • Drives: 2012 Civic Si, 1987 Crx Si
    Garage View Garage

She looks rough around the edges, but I rather own a car that runs well and looks janky than a good lucking car that barely runs at all.